fanATIcs vs NVidiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys here some more news ........apparently Nvidia is also making .net drivers !!

Source: *www.theinquirer.net/?article=18684

G

gxsaurav

Old news, it's a requirment for Longhorn, not for XP, there is no need or requirment of making .net based drivers for Windows XP, but U can still make the drivers just to make it flashy

One more thing, drivers can't be made in .net, they are made in C, only the interface model with the user is made in .net, the real drivers is made in C

However with longhorn, may be the kernal mode drivers can be made in .net

Don't worry, we won't 42 MB Drivers from NVIDIA any time for 2 years

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Obviously thats what i meant and oh btw a news article on 26th sept and thats only a day b4 doesnt qualify for old news. Things is u got so much smart talk filled inside ur brain that u dont realise the obvious. But then ur snobbish behaviour is evident frm ur posts scattered all over the forums.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Oh ya! One more thing. I remember there were reports that the Radeon was cheating in Aquamark 3. Some testers reported that a few dx9 shader effects in some scenes were missing. The FX were showing them. But, the Radeon scenes were identical to those appearing on dx8 (PS 1.3) cards. It seems that Radeon was ignoring the dx9 specific instructions and shifting to dx8 shaders.

So, it seems that no company are above manipulating the benchmarks to protect themselves, though I don't think the Radeon needed to resort to these underhand techniques, as its hardware was superior.

G

gxsaurav

blade_runner said:
Obviously thats what i meant and oh btw a news article on 26th sept and thats only a day b4 doesnt qualify for old news. Things is u got so much smart talk filled inside ur brain that u dont realise the obvious. But then ur snobbish behaviour is evident frm ur posts scattered all over the forums.

Watch your mouth young man, I never meant Old news in date sence, I meant that it was evident from last years WinHEC when MS clearly said that drivers has to be made in .net, due to which ATI came with VPU recoverer & NVIDIA came with some thing like this for FX cards, the refresh 5700, & 5900, cos recovering the GPU is a must have feature in Longhorn compatible drivers

G

gxsaurav

I remember that too AlphaOmega, I heard that previously, forgot to mention, Well, we again have provre that ATI have been cheating in past

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Optimization of a driver for a certain game is exceptable, even expected. Both ATI and nVIDIA released drivers optimized for doom3. These are done so that the hardware can be made to take best advantage of a certain game's behaviour. But when a company purposefully drops quality or excludes features to get ahead in specific software (and where the performance enhancement does not benefit anything else), that's cheating.
So, nVIDIA cheats, ATI cheats, everyone cheats. Its a dog eat dog world, and no one is a saint.

G

gxsaurav

Opps sorry, missed that

Really, it's a world of folowers, U claim that NVIDIA is cheating, well someday even U will do that, it's called Optimisation

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
blade_runner said:

Watch your mouth young man,

Haaahaha ! LOL ........u seem to sound like a 60 year old. And between what MS says and the time taken to implement it in actuality is a lot of time. But neways this is a never ending debate......and i have made up my mind to watch it frm a distance. Some1 else started this thread and then vanished and u guys here are fighting like nethng. :twisted:

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
Yo blade i'm still here..

if u c the posts, u'll know that i'd never left.. but when ppl fight instead of arguing..even ignoring my queries, i get a bit boozeled. i am watching this thread.. hoping it gets outta fighting..

i got a 5700.. but Anidex's posts and links.. his scientific ways of supporting arguments and not endlessly ranting like other, have convinced me 2 get a 9800pro... i tried 2 end the fight too.. but no use.

technologically, ATI is better.. more powerful hardware.
for the budget buyer, Nv is better, coz better framerate.. not as good quality.

hope this ends soon.(never thot i'd say this abt my own post)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Hey plasmafire, the ATI radeon cards give both, better framerates and quality, compared to the FX. Congrats, on getting the 9800Pro (try XT, it's even better)

G

gxsaurav

For all the ATI Users & ANIDEX

NVIDIA released 61.77 drivers in July 27, they were Doom3 ready, no compleately, Still they provided Doom3 the performance needed on FX & 6xxx cards, I played Doom3 already 1 month, with a lot of quality & fps

Now, ATI still hasen't released a compatible driver for Doom3 which gives good performance, they released their catalyst 4.9 drivers in a hurry, I don't consider beta drivers worth, but still it didn't gave that much performance, THEY OPTIMISED THEIR DRIVERS FOR DOOM3,, they incorporated the humus tweak in Catalyst AI & they are saying that publically

So, who says ATI drivers are better, releasing drivers every 27 days isn't worth if U can't release drivers compatible with one of the hottest games arround after 2 months of it's release

G

gxsaurav

& now ANIDEX will say that Doom3 is not worth playing cos it is OpenGL & NVIDIA

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
plasmafire said:
Yo blade i'm still here..

Nuthin personal plasmafire, but u see this isnt the fisrt of a kind thread. There was a thread like this earlier where a similar argument broke out. Neways i believe consumer is king......and he shud be the one to decide who deserves his money better ATi or Nvidia.

gxsaurav said:
For all the ATI Users & ANIDEX

NVIDIA released 61.77 drivers in July 27, they were Doom3 ready, no compleately, Still they provided Doom3 the performance needed on FX & 6xxx cards, I played Doom3 already 1 month, with a lot of quality & fps

Dude if u know the 61.77 drivers are not WHQL certified at all. While all the ATI's drivers released are WHQL certified !

G

gxsaurav

who cares for WHQL, what difference doed it make blade

Besides 61.77 are just an upgrade for DX9c compatibility, Doom3 requirs DirectX 9b, so if U have DX9b, 61.76 which were WHQL, then U are good to go, I m using 66.31 Beta & Non WHQL, I m getting higher performance in anything DirectX then before, what U say for that

How many drivers U have installed which are not WHQL certified, does it matter just a logo, nothing else, I have never seen any difference with this.

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
wht diff does WHQL make?? my eyes are as wide as saucepans..

i am into CMMI satisfaction 4 our co. DUDE..WHQL..is HUGE...u cannot even estimate the work that goes into getting aWHQL..it takes minimum of 25 man months 4 experts with10-15 yrs exp to make a product WHQL..

plzz read up on MS page asto what WHQL satisfies...

MS may not be ev'body's fav co. but it has given a lot 2 s/w ind...teh quality standards being one of them..

@Blade.. no offence taken at all..maybe it'd b bettr if we fought in one place rather than all over forum...lol..hence this post..

does a driver have to be READY for a game?? plzz define READY

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
WHQL was created to ensure that some lame drivers from an unheard of manufacturer didn't muck up your windows system. If a driver is WHQL certified you can be sure that it is trustworthy (at least relatively). When dealing with large compaines like nVIDIA and ATI, WHQL is not as important.
I am not ignoring WHQL's usefulness, but I have yet to see a driver from nVIDIA that causes my system to go haywire.
GX, as I said earlier, optimization is acceptable. A GPU manufacturer has the right to release a driver that works better with a certain game, as long as those drivers don't compromise on the quality in order to get a performance boost. So in my book, ATI did not 'cheat' with the tweak.
Also, it is widely accepted that nVIDIA drivers are better than their ATI counterparts. The frequency of release is unimportant. A good dirver should give a performance and/or quality boost, or at least do away with certain problems. The biggest problem that people have with ATI Radeons is the problems they face with driver incompatibility. Check the readme of any game. Most games have more content dealing with the problems faced with ATI cards. nVIDIA does enjoy better compatibility with a maximum number of games, despite often not sticking with established standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom