fanATIcs vs NVidiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
hmm.. if someone could provide proof .. in tech terms..asto how ATI does better AA and ANISO..xcept for the fact that the pic looks good on ATI..

16 bit..maybe thatz the key..Futuremark did say something abt this..but wa hushed up..any future mark scores..on two similar cards..

number of pipes on ATI seems to be less..??

letz argue..not fight..after all itz not my baap's company..just his money i use to buy the card..lol

and compare 9600 with 5600,5700(le,pe) not 5900(9800 is there 4 that)

NV drivers are optimised..for a SPECIFIC game.. now just what the optimisations do, i'm not clear.

G

gxsaurav

I don't think nv games are optmized for a single game, if that is so they I don't we see bugs with NV drivers with new games

i.am_mayur

Broken In
too much crap

[Edit : Batty] No Personal Attacks

I dont thnk even half of the crap u say matters at all . Both Nvidia and ATI are multi billion $ cos and it would u guyz take more than a lifetime to get there ... leave alone even think abt their products and marketing strategies

I know every1's entitled to their opinion but this is too much man .

nikhilesh

Journeyman
hey mayur wth is ur problem?first u say that AMD sux and then this.....
so what if they r multimillion dollar companies?

wont u buy good clothes even if they r made by mutimillion dollar companies?or just bcoz they r multimillion dollar companies u'll run naked on the streets?

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
listen dude.. i dunno abt others,..but mayur i'm very much a techie and understand what i say..

NV and ATI were started and headed by one guy.. guys like one of us who has the balls 2 question the world.. if u think forums are useless.. maybe u shouldn't engage in them.. maybe u shud take up nudism.. even u cud do that..

I hate it when ppl barge into an argument..i am reminded of ppl who said games were a waste of time and nobody serious would be involved in them.

i'm a IT prof. i have "read" mags, rfc's, red books, sm specs.. for 7 years.. i am no expert, but letz c u prove ur mettle.

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
the idea is to tell guyz who just wanna play games, which co. card 2 purchase.. and why..

btw.. i wud have been happier if there were more than 2 giants..anybody wanna start a new GFX co.??

theraven

Technomancer
relax guys .. the better way is to report a nuiscance ..
@plasmafire ... dude i only suggest u edit ur post for the ... umm .. unusual words... before the mods see it :D

G

gxsaurav

In the bussiness market, more componies means more compotition, which lowers the price while providing better product then previously avilable, look at the Sound Card market, we only have one dominent copmpony, Creative, they suckd Aureal bankrupt, now only VIA Envy24 chip & giving them some compotition, in Movies & Music, while being cheap & providing good drivers, we need more players in the market

Mayur, well, it depends on U, but it's the customar who give their review of the product, depending on which the compony further makes improvement to their product, for this forums are a better place

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
thx @raven..lol.. got kinda carried away..forgot..ppl here are usually customers or subscribers of the forum's propreiters..

yep aureal was a real good baby..still remember the pseudo 4.1 they manufd.

anidex

Broken In
Mayur, if you don't like the forums, get the "fish" out of here.

Hmm... now that we've gotten that out of the way...

and compare 9600 with 5600,5700(le,pe) not 5900(9800 is there 4 that)
Actually, the Radeon 9600 outperforms even the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra when taking DX9 into consideration.

NV drivers are optimised..for a SPECIFIC game.. now just what the optimisations do, i'm not clear.
Oh yes. They're absolutely optimized for every game out there! Most of the optimizations involve running partial precision shaders and replacement shaders that reduce workload to atleast half. Hope you got what I meant :).

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
9600(non pro) gave me framerate issues with farcry, doom3.. 5700,5900 did not..

but game looks rocked on 9600...heavenly on 9800..

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
NO PERSONAL ATACKS | NO BAD LANGUAGE

Serious Warning: If by 10 PM Sunday 26th September, every little cuss word and personal attack isn't edited out by the author of each post, the author will earn a 1 month ban. Simple as that!

Argue till you're blue in the face for all I care, just do it without calling each other names and using swear words.

Batty: Don't edit anything, let them do it themselves or be banned! They will learn to correct their mistakes themselves!

crackshot

Broken In
nVIDIA wins the battle everywhere be it Motherboard chipsets or GFX cards.
ATi ones are also good but 6800 or 6600 based cards will easily eat out X800 or X700 based cracds.

Reason better support in both hardware and software. nVidia puts update's quickly online. That's a different thing that broadband iNet is still a dream 4 INdia whereas in other countries its outdated.
Its something like AMD(=nVidia) wins over INTEL(=ATi). But don't intel was once the ruler of DESKTOP in performance and numbers as well same is the case with ATi. when it newly launched Radeon despite the tough competition of GeForce Series, it churned not only higher FPS but also quality.

It's jst the matter of time.

anidex

Broken In
Hmm... yeah sure... In case you didn't know, nVIDIA's "new" architecture has been inherited from the GeForce FX series. Plus, nVIDIA is governed by PR whereas ATI is guided by true willingness to improve.

Result: nVIDIA = Intel. ATI = AMD.

gr8prash

Broken In
4Get it ANIDEX it semms u r ATi DIe HaRd FaN.
But the scores speak dude current winner is nVidia(=Undertaker) wheras ATi(=JBL)

JBL means JUST A BIG LOSER

anidex

Broken In
Oh sure, would you kindly get to the thread "The GRAPHICS CARDS List" and see how every nVIDIA card is getting owned! I'm an ATI fan only because they're better. If nVIDIA truly gets ahead of them anytime in the future and stops cheating, I'd obviously support them. That's because I'm a CUSTOMER, and you look like an nVIDIOT to me :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom