fanATIcs vs NVidiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Whoa, guys. Anyone who read my last post before I edited it (the one where I accidently wrote "I am ignoring WHQL's usefulness") please see that I meant to write "I am not ignoring WHQL's usefulness". This is what I edited, as it changed the entire meaning of my post.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
alphaomega said:
The biggest problem that people have with ATI Radeons is the problems they face with drivers incompatibility they face. Check the readme of any game. Most games have more content dealing with the problems faced with ATI cards.

true. the readme of most of the games report issues encounterd in case of ati cards . thats why i like nvidia which is optimising its drivers accordingly . im using the 65.73 whql certified drivers , i'll complete the download of 66.31 beta drivers today and start using it , if there is any problem i'll revert back on 65.73.

gr8prash

Broken In
anidex do u know recently nVidia gave the proof of failure of ati GFX PCI-E chipsets. u can see them at *www.xbitlabs.com

G

gxsaurav

ATI PCI-E is useless, X300 is a joke, even a Intel GMA900 is better, besides PC-E is wastage for now, maybe in the future it is good

I m using 66.31, they are WHQL, but with the modded inf them become non-whql, & my performance in far cry & doom3 is up, with slight loss in 3dmark03, 3980 from 4108, fasr is again smoother then ever, keeping these

i.am_mayur

Broken In
if u guys want to post so many useless messages why dont u use ur IM's instead of flooding this FORUM ????

By the way alpha beta omega .. whatever if u feel ur sys config is outta this world u r sorely mistaken man. . .

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
i.am_mayur said:
if u guys want to post so many useless messages why dont u use ur IM's instead of flooding this FORUM ????

By the way alpha beta omega .. whatever if u feel ur sys config is outta this world u r sorely mistaken man. . .

When did I ever say that my "sys config is outta this world"? Other people have a P-III with i810 mentioned in their signatures. I only posted my config so that I don't have to type it out over and over again whenever I mention anything performance related.

Also, I suggest you be less free with the word "useless". Useless by your point of view, maybe. But the people here are trying to discuss, even argue, about their views. So who are you to say they are useless? If you really do find these posts useless then go away. No one is forcing you to stay or read.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
ATI PCI-E is useless, X300 is a joke, even a Intel GMA900 is better, besides PC-E is wastage for now, maybe in the future it is good

You are right GX, even the X600 is a joke. It is simply an enhanced version of the 9600 chip. What's more it is not much faster than a 9600XT (at least in current benchmarks and games). Reminds me of the time nVIDIA pulled the GeForce4 MX trick. Now, ATI is trying to fool buyers with its old wine with new label.
For scores that prove what I am saying go over to *www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1628&page=3

Currently, there is very little difference (if any) between AGP cards and their PCI-E counterparts. Performance advantage will become apparent when GPUs that can actually use the bandwidth arrive. This won't happen at least for another 6 months.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i.am_mayur said:

mayur seems like u cannot think beyond that. shows ur sense is limited to judging things in pathetic way. the siggy of alphaomega and of me are only to help ourselves and the other people in this forum so we do not have to specify the config again and again in the hardware related and other relevant articles.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
haha.. no blade we are not the same person nor we r friends, but it looks like wherever i post i definitely see you and alphaomega expressing ur thoughts on that particular thread.
seems like we hav some common topics of intrest on this forum .

if it comes to replying a post like mayur did then i definitely wud hav supported anyone on this forum .

i wonder what will be alphaomega's reaction to this.. :lol:

G

gxsaurav

This guy here switched from ATI X800Pro to NVIDIA 6800GT, just for one simple reason, ATI Drivers which are useless

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Hey, blade_runner! I am definitely not the same guy as t_g! Can’t you tell from the writing style?
Just because t_g has supported me in a few discussions does not mean he is me. I mean, I have supported gxsaurav in a lot of topics. This is because I agree with him (on those topics), not because I am him, or his friend.
I think you must have gotten this idea from reading the GeForce4 Ti threads in the hardware section. Well, both t_g and I were selling our cards and were forced to go defensive and support each other when everyone was against us.
Also, I am a dial-up user and I hardly have the time or bandwidth to mess around with 2 different IDs.

It’s just that mayur’s post was really foolish, so anyone who as their system config in their signatures will understand what I said. You have your specs in the signature, so is it because you think that your sys is out of this world? It just seems that t_g is more outspoken about things than most.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mayur said:

those who think this discussion is useless can go and watch sas-bahu serials 8)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Sorry GX, but you are wrong. ATI drivers are hardly useless. Seen in a vacum they are quite good. I actually like the interface quite a lot. It's just that nVIDIA's drivers are better.

I know there were problems with the FX range dropping precision (24 to 16), but does this apply to the new 6x00 series? I haven't read anything about this, so can someone point me to a relevant link?

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
This guy here switched from ATI X800Pro to NVIDIA 6800GT, just for one simple reason, ATI Drivers which are useless
What an moronic statement or better put what a n00bish statement.

The whole "ATI drivers are useless" crap is not applicable now, might have been true in the pre-9700 era, not now. 99% of the people who have troubles with ATI drivers dont know the real reason for the conflict and simply make ATI the scapegoat. :lol:

ATI's CCC is far more advanced than anything from Nvidia. Even Nvidia is working on a .NET version taking a cue out of ATI's book. Go figure.

G

gxsaurav

U R wrong, weer, it's not only the past it's even today, take a look, When a new game comes, ATI has to release new drivers, to optimize for that popular game, & to fix the bugs, NVIDIA, their drivers work with any game flawlessly, if there is any bug, it will be solved

Don't think that releasing Drivers, WHQL certified every 28 days makes ATI a better player, Y r there 2d application compatibility & 3d games compatibility probs with ATI drivers

The other thing I hate about ATI drivers is there incresing size, 26 MB & 42 MB think about it, do ATI thinks that everyone who owns an ATI card has Broadband internet, ask those using Dial Up & ATI cards, how much they suffer from downloading 42 MB on dialup

NVIDIA is making .net drivers not because it has to catchup (source IRC), but because it is a requirment to make the driver model in .net for longhorn, however the kernal mode driver is still made in c++, so ATI drivers has only control panel in .net not the drivers, while NVIDIA don't have a control panel flashy in colors but it is simple to even the n00b, he can configure anything with NVIDIA drivers

pa_ajaykumar

Broken In
Price of Graphics card

Hello friends can any of you tell me the price of the following graphics cards, Ati Radeon X800 Pro/XT with 256 Mb ram and nVidia Geforce 6800 Ultra with 256 mb ram from Asus/Gigabyte or ATi brand and which one is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom