fanATIcs vs NVidiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
hey some guy switched 2 6800 b'coz of drivers..

well this guy switched 2 9800 pro b coz of crappy quality on GF FX.. lol anybody wanna buy used 5700 pure, 5200?

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
U R wrong, weer, it's not only the past it's even today, take a look, When a new game comes, ATI has to release new drivers, to optimize for that popular game, & to fix the bugs, NVIDIA, their drivers work with any game flawlessly, if there is any bug, it will be solved
Again, you dont know what your are talking about. :roll: In the past ATI's driver releases were 2 months or far in between. Now that ATI is working more on their drivers and releasing or tweaking them more than Nvidia, you still have a problem.

gxsaurav said:
Don't think that releasing Drivers, WHQL certified every 28 days makes ATI a better player, Y r there 2d application compatibility & 3d games compatibility probs with ATI drivers
Ouch, so you are also upset that the Catalysts are WHQL certified and Forceware are not sometimes. That makes sense as if it was the other way around, you would have been crying foul that ATI's drivers are not WHQL certified.

gxsaurav said:
The other thing I hate about ATI drivers is there incresing size, 26 MB & 42 MB think about it, do ATI thinks that everyone who owns an ATI card has Broadband internet, ask those using Dial Up & ATI cards, how much they suffer from downloading 42 MB on dialup
There you again complaining. ATI has taken the lead and came out with their .NET based Control Center first. Nvidia is building the same thing, they are behind in this area. ATI is not forcing you to download the CCC, you can get the old Control Center which weighs in far less.

gxsaurav said:
NVIDIA is making .net drivers not because it has to catchup (source IRC), but because it is a requirment to make the driver model in .net for longhorn, however the kernal mode driver is still made in c++, so ATI drivers has only control panel in .net not the drivers, while NVIDIA don't have a control panel flashy in colors but it is simple to even the n00b, he can configure anything with NVIDIA drivers
Longhorn is still 2 or more years away, Nvidia is playing catch up with ATI here. AFAIK nobody has yet seen Nvidia's .NET based Control Center so your claim that it is not flashy is vapor. :lol: ATI's CCC is far more simple, if you have troubles with it then it means you are a n00b. :lol:

And just FYI:

Basically with the new ATI CATALYST Control Center we have a refreshing, exciting, innovative and versatile graphics card driver control panel which should really scare the blazes out of nVidia. It is far more superior to the aging nVidia driver control panel and if nVidia don’t develop something similar they will likely get left behind in this department.

In our opinion, up until now nVidia has always had a better drive control panel with more options but this has all been blasted out the window with the release of the CATALYST Control Center by ATI. The only downside at the moment is the fact that graphics cards under the R3XX and R4XX range are not supported at this stage but will be fixed soon. You can even revert back to the previous control panel by uninstalling the control center if you don’t happen to like it.

A job well done ATI – what will nVidia come up with now? Fun times!

*www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=692&dPage=6

Hello friends can any of you tell me the price of the following graphics cards, Ati Radeon X800 Pro/XT with 256 Mb ram and nVidia Geforce 6800 Ultra with 256 mb ram from Asus/Gigabyte or ATi brand and which one is better.
Ajay, all the cards you have mentioned are too costly. If you want to spend that much and get the best; go for the X800 XT PE. If you can wait a bit and want to save some money, wait for the 6600 & X700 series.

veer

Broken In
gr8prash said:
anidex do u know recently nVidia gave the proof of failure of ati GFX PCI-E chipsets. u can see them at *www.xbitlabs.com

It was all propaganda. Even PCI-Sig those who certify PCI-Express compatibility claimed the next day that the Nvidia's documents were horse poop. You go and read ATi's response which has far less BS and more truth unlike Nvidia's documents.

G

gxsaurav

Ya, rite, veer, I can smell ANIDEX In U

Agin, when others do it, it's bad, when U do it it's good, do U remember when did the first ever Windows XP Driver came, in the year 2000, MS provides the hardware vendors the tools to create drivers, it takes time to create drivers, take a look at anandtech catalyst review, they have mentioned clearly that it is a requirment in Longhorn so there is no use of it rite now, but isn't bad if it is provided, conclusion, this is not a reason due to which U should Start saying that NVIDIA is far

sahil170

Right off the assembly line
gxsaurav said:
Anidex, U like Radeon, fine Keep it, we don't like it

Here in the market we have, ASUS , MSI, gIgabyte, although they all make both Radeons & GeForce, but previously they didn't support ATI, care to tell me Y, just explaing the simple marketing reason??

MSI Asus and Gigabyte introduced Radeon cards after the 9xxx series, ATI cards before them were crap. But then agaiin so were the Nvidia cards in the starting if you dont know ask any Voodod users.

Oh! & the driver, look again, soon the old control panel will be discontinued, 42 MB for Driver + Control Panel, with 23 MB for .net runtime with 10 MB .net runtime 1.1 SP1 = 74 MB

What was that if you dont like the huge file size there are always 8mb Omega drivers, which IMO perform much better.

This is india, many people are still happy with onboard Intel Graphics, they can't spend Rs 10k for gaming, well, U may have a lot of money to waste on a high end GFX card, but certenly, I don't, & many of us other don't

ATI has low end cards too. Havent you heard about Radeon 7000 7200 and 7500. True at that range a Geforce would be better option.

Take a look at the above benchmarks, where is ATI winning, oh! & by the way, how many features does ATI cards support which are implemented in the games, industry support the features NVIDIA supports, only a few games support ATI features

What is ATI features and What are Nvidia features, for godsake there are just 2 API's rt now Direct x and OPen GL and both of them support them.

, but they also support all the features of NVIDIA, prime example, Half Life 2, ATI's own, So X800 beats 6800 in that
(according to U)
Yes ATI X800 will be faster in that game., well, U said to me earlier that PS3.0 is not required as there are no games, but U do coding in DX na, tell me , if there is no hardware to make PS3.0 games, then how can the games ever come, the thing is ATI PS2.0 architecture is good, but their R500 will again fail.

SM 3.0 support right now is very less, and EA one of the major Video games player has announced that they dont have any plans for SM 3.0 games in the near future. Also R520 will support Sm 3.0

They are saying everyone, not to make games in PS3.0 as it is not required, they are lieing, cos they don't want games to come, which doesn't support their Hardware, & Half Life 2, even that supports PS3.0, now if NVIDIA hardwre is that bad, & PS3.0 is not required, then Y do we have, 18 games upcoming supporting PS3.0, & more are being added to this list everyday

The list is very less if you see SM 3.0 games coming out next year.

6800 isn't future proof, well, lets see, MS has already released the DX9c , now their is only PS3.0 and ATI X800 is PS2.0, what do U think is Future proof, stick to the old technology cos ATI wants U to, take a look at the sales at newegg, if they sale 20 Gfx cards, then 15 are 6800 & 5 are X800, now U will say that all the world has gone mad, & NVIDIA is bribing them

Incase you dont know but the major SM 3.0 features are for performance and the only visual aspect added is displacement mapping which a 6800 cannot handle at 800*600 as it is.

Now coming to the Marketing part, NVIDIA is far better then ATI when it comes to marketing, ask me, I was an fanATIc like U before, I struggled a lot to get my hands on Radeon 9600 Pro from Gigabyte, I had to wait 2 months for it to come, reason, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte & all other major brands available in India, were selling NVIDIA cards only, cos they capture a big market, NVIDIA had GeForce FX 5200 non Ultra here in India for Rs 3k, which is even longhorn Certified, how many are out there who owns a killer rig, When I ordered for FX5900XT, in only 14 days, it was at my home, NVIDIA had a DX9 card for under Rs 3.5k, while for Rs 3.5 k there is no ATI card supporting DX9

That is half truth the only Fx 5200 cards available for 3.5k are the 64 bit memory bandwith versions, a 64 bit card will be slower then a Geforce 4mx 440. You cannot judge a company by its presence in INdia!!!! and regarding DX 9.0 cards in 3.5k range thats a farce as those cards cannot even play DX 8 games at full detail....
BTW have you noticed the actual shader perfomance of the FX series they are pathetic to say the least a 9600XT gets a better score then FX 5950 ultra in 3d mark 2005. And not to mention HL2 source engine it sputters in SM 2.0 shader mode.

ATI cards use non Standerd way of running a shader, NVIDIA cards are better when it comes to AA but ATI has an edge when it comes to Anistropic filtering, I admit that, but this is only one thing better then NVIDIA while all the other 99% things are favoring NVIDIA,

LOL have you forgotten the whole the way its meant to be played controvesy, the FX series utilises 16 bit floating point precision 100% of the times compared to 24bit Precision of ATI cards.

I have completely lost faith in Nvidia after their debacle of the FX series and how they went to cheat customers offering DX 9.0 cards which had pathetic shader performance. Nvidia 6800 series is a diff story altogether nevertheless I would always think twice before buying an Nvidia product.

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
Ya, rite, veer, I can smell ANIDEX In U
Or better put; you can smell your hapless defeat and look for ways to wriggle out of it which you are doing right now. :lol:

gxsaurav said:
Agin, when others do it, it's bad, when U do it it's good, do U remember when did the first ever Windows XP Driver came, in the year 2000, MS provides the hardware vendors the tools to create drivers, it takes time to create drivers, take a look at anandtech catalyst review, they have mentioned clearly that it is a requirment in Longhorn so there is no use of it rite now, but isn't bad if it is provided, conclusion, this is not a reason due to which U should Start saying that NVIDIA is far
Oh ! the irony ! "Again, when others do it, it's bad, when U do it it's good" applies to you too. It is you who thinks when ATI does it, it's bad and when Nvidia does it, its good. Get that straight first.

G

gxsaurav

Well, all I can say, that no one can teach U anything, again, U Like ATI then go for it,

Tell me a single game where NVIDIA is running 16 bit insted of benchamrks in the past, then continue the argument

[flAsh]

In the zone
LOOK ONE THING IS CERTAIN BE IT nVIDIA OR ATi A GAMER REQUIRES DESCENT FPS IN ALL GAMES ALONG WITH AA & AF ENABLED(IE TONS OF EYE CANDY). IF nVIDIA DELIVERS IT AND I HAVE IT, THEN OK . BUT IF ATi DELIVERS IT I HAVE IT, THEN ALSO ITS OK.

MOREOVER X300, X600, X700 CHIPSTES FRM ATi ARE GENUINE PCI-E CHIPSETS WITHOUT ANY AGP BRIDGE. SAME MANNER 6600 IS ALSO DEVELOPED SEPARATELY 4 PCI-E AND AGP VERSIONS

G

gxsaurav

Just to prove flash wrong

ATI has learned that having 2 chips one for PCI-E & one for AGP is a bad idea even they are going for NVIDIA HSI, so I smell cheating & steeling NVIDIA technology, who they were saying a few days back is bad in performance

*www.theinquirer.net/?article=18853

Rajesh_K

Broken In
ATI is best for quality. Hands down. As for price, you can always get another licensed company's version of the ATI cards. Like Sapphire, ect...

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600 128mb ddr. And it was about 70$ Canadian cheaper than the regular ATi version, and they use the same chips manfactured by ATi. 70$ is like 2450 ruppees.

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
Just to prove flash wrong

ATI has learned that having 2 chips one for PCI-E & one for AGP is a bad idea even they are going for NVIDIA HSI, so I smell cheating & steeling NVIDIA technology, who they were saying a few days back is bad in performance

*www.theinquirer.net/?article=18853
Dude, whatever your issue is. Maybe ATI refused to sell you one of their cards :lol: but TSMC or IBM are the ones who manufacture the cores for both ATI and Nvidia. They might have suggested it and ATI might have given it a thought which is enough for you to jump like a cricket that they are copying HSI. :lol: However you have conveniently ignored that Nvidia is also developing .NET based Control panel. Isnt that copying ? What a bias. :roll:

demoninside

In the zone
Ya keep it on guys missing anidex though
k each guys have his own choice as far as i can go here (sppended complete 3Hr+) for reading this thread completely .
I find out the core of ATi is better where the compablity of NVIDIA is far more better.
So guess no one wins it we have DRAW here what u say guys.
And i think we shouldn't pull any ones legs, and why u people loves it.
Pls Anidex & Gxsaurav you should accepet where u r wrong nd the second one is right.
You both look like some F****ng morons fighting like living in some hell world and going to get ur a$$ F***ed if u'll proved to be wrong.
I have edited it before in some thread nd posting it here again
so pls guys u both r technologically strong nd have ur own way of thinking nd have own facts but pls check what other one want to say.

demoninside

In the zone
Sorry i need to point out these two cause these two r reputed members nd they behaved like as i said so pls take my apology

veer

Broken In
demoninside said:
so pls guys u both r technologically strong nd have ur own way of thinking nd have own facts but pls check what other one want to say.
erm, only anidex knew his stuff correctly. I wont comment about the other person you are referring to.

Nvidia copies ATI again:
*www.theinquirer.net/?article=18852

demoninside

In the zone
Come on veer ur looking only one side just check out the other side,
as i said anidex is technologically very strong so no prob with that, but i think he didn't even checked the gxsaurav posts so as gxsaurav.
so i m not with any one i just want a final result so that no one have any prob with that and if u think i m wrong then, "i m" cause i want to solve this out in any way.
come on it's we do, don't we learn by others which seems to be gone to show some thing.
this forum about all u great guys out there without u it's nothing.
so i want to see gxsaurav and anidex both to be here, (checked veer link i have already said im a ATi fan so????? but when it comes about comptability i have to accept Nvidia) any way each one have there choice i m not regrating it so pls.
And all u people there help me desolve this prob. b/w anidex & gxsaurav.
why each & every thing is about ur repo.
come on u can't understand the meaning of success unbtill & unless u r failed in ur life.
so it's all about life nd u r not dead as me so come on and accept it.

demoninside

In the zone
veer said:
demoninside, what compatability issues have you encountered with ATI cards ? :lol:

Hell no veer I wanted to solve this out
look i wasn't in this GPU's stuff much but when i get here i started to search out nd read about it so it's from net only no practical
I wanted it to be end soon but, for u what i have found
NVIDIA have coustmize there drivers for the max performance, and also this optamization stuff.
so this makes there drviers & cards more on to comptability stff.
(READ FULL THREAD FOR THIS)
nd yes i this gxsaurav is right (pls don't take it personally)
u do smell like anidex.
Correct me if i m wrong
(**** But check this complete thread before that*)

veer

Broken In
demoninside, let me be frank & blunt for a second and tell you that most of this thread is BS (Bull shit). We have a "smart" :lol: fellow showing benchmarks on page 2 between a 9800 and 6800 Ultra :lol: Poor thing. Anyway most of this thread is lies, biased opinion. Especially gxsaurav as he seems to have a personal vendetta agains ATI for some reason or another.

Coming back to the topic in question, check Anandtech, XBit Labs, Guru3D, Rage3D, Firingsquad, Tweaktown, Tomshardware and other websites. ATI cards are as compatible as Nvidia cards. The only thing lacking is ATI's driver support for Linux which is what 3-5% of the desktop market ? A common user is never going to use Linux anyway ATI is developing Linux drivers as they want to shut up the fanboys who are crying foul over ATI in this department.

Nvidia has in the past optimized or cheated on many occasions that they dont even confess up that they lied, cheated their customers. I'm not saying that I dont like Nvidia cards, hell I own one Nvidia & one ATI card but I despise Nvidia as a company and their practices.

I am not Anidex. Anidex might be getting a laugh out of this. I'm sure the moderators can do an IP check. If you are still in doubt, ask a mod and you'll get it confirmed that Anidex & me are not the same person. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom