Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

This just in,

ah! forget it, ANIDEX will start screaming again

G

gxsaurav

Go ask any linux user which gfx card he preferes keeping in mind the availability of drivers, & support, his answer will be NVIDIA, the ATI drivers for Linux are tottly useless,

Now U will say DX is better then OpenGl,
DX only works on Windows
Linux is a bad move from Open Source Community
Y should ATI support Linux developement in drivers when it has only little market share compared to Windows,

Go fight with the Linux junkies here, like tuxfan or GNURag, even I like WIndows but thats because of Windows, not gfx card, it's my opinion, I don't shout on linux or tell them to use Windows, it's their will, just like it's my will to se NVIDIA

oh! ATI releases new drivers every 27 days cos they need to, NVIDIA drivers are less buggy,so they don't need to update them everymonth, they work flowlessly

Since U R Anti OpenGL, then U are also Anti Linux

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
plasmafire said:
XFX GF fx 5700 pure = rs. 7200
rad 9600 pro= rs. 9000

i fixed both these cards 2 my machine.. farcry,DX invisible war. ran better on FX with x'actly same settings(more fps)

but, the game looked much better and richer in contrast,color,edges..in radeon..

WHY?

how come i see a lot of rant but no answers..borrowind cards was not easy..

SO ANSWER ME.....

G

gxsaurav

Plasma fire

WHAT EXECTLY are U asking, ATI cards have a bit better Anis tropic filtring then nvidia so that may have made U belive that ATI gave U better image quality, but it was sharper then NVIDIA not clear

ujjwal

Padawan
I would like an answer to that as well ... why do radeon's have better image quality? Any reason?

BTW, gx, ATi drivers for linux do exist and I have a friend who uses ATi 3D acceleration in linux (OpenGL) without any problem ...

And why all this fighting? Use what is better for your purpose, regardless of the company.

G

gxsaurav

ATI drivers for Linux do exist, i know, but they are nothingt compared to NVIDIA, I started a thread on Anandtech, to find what the US guys think about getting, ATI or NVIDIA when it comes to Linux go here to check it, & then tell me, those guys have NVIDIA & ATI both availabel & for cheap

anidex

Broken In
@Anidex, first of all plz tone down your language. Getting passionate about ATI is one thing, getting angry for someone not endorsing your views is childish.
Dude, the problem with gxsaurav is that he doesn't respect anybody else's views and rants on without thinking. He's been doing it for a while now and that's bothering the hell outta me.

Your comparison skills are all crap, U are comparing a 9800 Pro with FX5700 Ultra...
What nonsense are you talking? I was comparing the price of the Radeon 9600 XT, which happens to be much lesser than that of the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra.

Take a look at the above benchmarks, where is ATI winning, oh
You're comparing the GeForce 6800 Ultra with the 9800 XT :shock:! Now who's the idiot :lol:?

but their R500 will again fail
Sorry to break it to you buddy, but the R520 supports just about every feature called for by the DX9c specifications, including fp32 filtering and blending and adaptive tessellation. nVIDIA should catch up with the R520 in about... 20 years :lol:!

Now coming to the Marketing part, NVIDIA is far better then ATI when it comes to marketing
Sure nVIDIA is better at Marketting. But that's the problem! If they put the same effort into making cards, they'd beat ATI hands down :lol: (or perhaps not)!

struggled a lot to get my hands on Radeon 9600 Pro from Gigabyte, I had to wait 2 months for it to come
Funny, cause I got my card within 3 days of ordering :lol:! Now I wonder why... :lol:?

NVIDIA had a DX9 card for under Rs 3.5k
Sure they do. Only problem is that it runs slower than their last-last-generation product!

As far as temporal anti-aliasing is concerned, you haven't understood anything about it... nVIDIOT (doh) :lol:!

ATI cards use non Standerd way of running a shader
Yeah sure, when the whole world knows that nVIDIA is doing shader replacements and ATI runs them like they're supposed to, Einstein here hypothesizes the other way around :lol:!

In the last statement, enough of this ATI vs NVIDIA threads on this forum, Raboo close it, or ANIDEX will come to my home, Point a gun at my head & force me to buy a X800XT, even if it costs 3 times the price of my current Rig & not available
Is that supposed to be funny? OK, let me try tickling myself... maybe I'll laugh then... :lol:!

anidex

Broken In
Since U R Anti OpenGL, then U are also Anti Linux
That's like saying "since you're an idiot, and since all humans have supposedly evolved from one single ancestor, all humans are idiots". Stop talking like a moron. Just because I think OpenGL stinks, doesn't mean I hate Linux, infact I like Linux to a certain extent.

anidex

Broken In
ATI releases new drivers every 27 days cos they need to, NVIDIA drivers are less buggy,so they don't need to update them everymonth
Or perhaps nVIDIA needs too much time to incorporate all their shader replacements... one thousand shaders per game, and a 100 such games on the market... that means that the nVIDIA boys write 100,000 replacement shaders... and that takes a lot of time :lol:!

anidex

Broken In
why do radeon's have better image quality? Any reason?
Cause nVIDIA generally shifts to partial precision (16-bit) to get decent framerates, whereas ATI runs all shading calculations at 24-bit precision. That along with shader replacements leads to the overall degradation in the quality. Not to speak of ATI's superior anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering capabilities ;)!

anidex

Broken In
HeHeHe... yeah, gotta chill out... :lol:! Just that this chap denies the evidence, that ATI is currently doing better than nVIDIA, even after it's been tatooed onto his eyeballs :lol:!

G

gxsaurav

U R back, well, I won't comment if I do, then this battle will continue & I want to end this

gamefreak14

Journeyman
anidex said:
Not to speak of ATI's superior anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering capabilities !
Superior...eh? Now how would FSAA and AF differ in quality on both cards? And why is it superior from that of nvidias? Care to enlighten me?
Btw, everyone!This is not a fight. It's simply an argument. GX, you are starting to sound like an (NV)Idiot...just kidding :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom