Budget Android mobile Poll2

• LG Optimus One

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Samsung Galaxy 551

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
hey guys ... im in dilemma about wich mobile to go for .... My father wants to buy a new fone with GPS n WiFi ..... i prefer the OS to b Android .... Wat should i choose .... My budget is around 10-12K

me1

Broken In
I'm not working either.
Even the best of smart phones, wil need chargin atleast once a day, and sometimes twice based on your usage. If your usage is heavy, then you will have to find alternatives..
Im not sure if this is a possible option, but you can also get yourself an additional battery. like the one we get for iphones, where you can plug in the battery to your phone, and it starts charging the phone.

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, but AFAIK, all Android based mobiles last 1day under usage & someone migrating from Symbian (nokia mainly) to Android may miss to complaint that Android is a bit complicated to use at first, but won't miss that Android mobile gives noticebly less backup. LG O1 seems to be one of few Android mobile capable of providing backup for 2days. i read in flipkart today that Galaxy 551 needs to b charged 2 times daily. a penalty for using 1200mah battery.

me1

Broken In
I don't know about the samsung phone, but optmus one needs to be charged more than once a day.
My phone was fully charged around 11 pm last night, its almost 4 am now, and I will need to charge again.
I didnt do much except for one phonecall, and some internet usage.

Ok, I plugged in my charger to see how much of battery is left
It shows 26% charging. Now, you do the math.
Its used up around 80% of battery in just about 4 hours

Last edited:

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^ I charge my lg optimus one p500 once in about 1.5 or 2 days and I use my phone much more than you. If at night you lose do much battery then use airplane mode.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its used up around 80% of battery in just about 4 hours

:shock: 80% battery in 4hrs? what were you using your mobile for? heavy multitasking?

but from lot of posts (not in TDF) i came to know LG O1 can last 2 days if used well & 1 full day under heavy usage.

me1

Broken In
I wish I could multitask, my phone does not allow that. I am assuming its not the phone but the internet speed that does'nt allow multitasking. Those who are on wi fi can answer this better..

As for charging once a day, there have been times when I have used my phone for 24 hours, but not more than that. And, that is only when I have use my phone for the purpose of calling and texting, and some essential online work.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I wish I could multitask, my phone does not allow that. I am assuming its not the phone but the internet speed that does'nt allow multitasking. Those who are on wi fi can answer this better..

how is multitasking related to net speed?

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
well LG O1 do not have a great battery up.. it last for not more than 1 day..

i use dis phone for browsing and calling in daytime..

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't think any Android mobile have a good battery backup. those who used HTC (Android) mobiles will praise LG & Samsung (not this one). it sounds & actually is funny that HTC couples a 1200mAh battery with 3.8-4" screen. AMOLED or whatever low power screen they use helps very little in this case.

rsk11584

Journeyman
low battery backup or power hungry phone is the most common complaint of android phones / smart phones even if we dont use wifi, gps etc the backup does not improve much,,,

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Samsung p551 way better..Android 2.2
touchscreen qwerty 16m colour
perfect Android phone,better than
Optimus one,Galaxy 3..
Optimus doesnt have any of things I mentioned other than touchscreen

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Optimus one,Galaxy 3..

optimus one has better screen resolution, better processor with gpu and double the ram of samsung p551

unless you need a qwerty keyboard, p551 is not a good choice

_

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Optimus one,Galaxy 3..

hmm? can you define 'perfect android phone?'

what is the use of 16M color when the resolution sucks. and the slide qwerty is 'meh'. Most of the features of p551 are more like 'me too' and not 'i work'.

When Optimus One has better display, better onboard memory, better build quality, better CPU, dedicated GPU, better battery, 2.3 upgrade promised, how can you say that galaxy 551 is better phone? Just coz it has a qwerty?

siddhesh222

Journeyman
@thetechfreak Oh **** son, you just got owned by desiibond!!. You should actually check your facts before making incorrect posts.

Well let's leave that aside, since probably his is a fake account of some galaxy owner to justify their purchase to boost his own ego. If thats what makes him sleep at night, let it be.

Top Bottom