Facebook vs Google+

Google+ vs Facebook : Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I haven't seen a single person till date using lists. (except me :p)

I do. I like to categorize people in lists. So its easier to manage. But FB made them useless with their new chat layout. :-(

I like G+ but as my friends are on FB so can't simply leave it.

I don't support this theory.
When I and my friends were on Orkut, a few were also on FB. I used to think the same. That there are no friends on FB, so reluctant to migrate. Rest is history.

Somebody have to step up first. "All my friends..." reasoning just doesn't make sense. At least to me.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
tbh one reason why Facebook is easier to use is, you treat everyone as your friend. Your parents, your siblings, your friends, your girlfriend, your teachers and your enemies - everyone are your friends; especially your parents and teachers.

Not so in Google+. Circles et cetera are so complicated. :mad:

And if you don't treat someone (your parents) as your friends, don't add them! Problem solved! What's there to hide between friends anyways? :confused:

Twitter's concept of Stalking and Stalkers is also great.

Niilesh

Padawan
I do. I like to categorize people in lists. So its easier to manage. But FB made them useless with their new chat layout. :-(
Same with me
I only used lists to make me online for some specific people and to chat with by forming groups.(which is still possible)

tbh one reason why Facebook is easier to use is, you treat everyone as your friend. Your parents, your siblings, your friends, your girlfriend, your teachers and your enemies - everyone are your friends; especially your parents and teachers.

And if you don't treat someone (your parents) as your friends, don't add them! Problem solved! What's there to hide between friends anyways? :confused:

There are relations tree and lists available for FB
If you want same with Google+ just make only one circle 'friends'
I do not understand why is it hard, i simply understood by just looking at it (and reading the description :p).
Well i think its more like twitter. Adding a person to a circle is like following them but with additional benefits.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

*howtousetumblr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/facebook-like-buton1.png

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not understand why is it hard, i simply understood by just looking at it (and reading the description :p).
Well i think its more like twitter. Adding a person to a circle is like following them but with additional benefits.
But the thing is, you don't have friends in Google+....then how can you add someone as a friend. :confused: After all in Google+, it is still a "Circle" not "friends" as per say.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Exactly my views pal!

You get a...
*skgtechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/1.jpg

But the thing is, you don't have friends in Google+....then how can you add someone as a friend. :confused: After all in Google+, it is still a "Circle" not "friends" as per say.

Ok.. looks like I have some explaining to do..

Think of a circle as... "circle of friends", another circle as "circle of relatives", "circle of people you want to avoid" ... Et cetera...

Hope you get it! :/

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok.. looks like I have some explaining to do..

Think of a circle as... "circle of friends", another circle as "circle of relatives", "circle of people you want to avoid" ... Et cetera...

Hope you get it! :/
how in hell can you think of your friends as a "Circle"? That is disrespectful to say the least.

*tiny.cc/d011s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom