Facebook testing 'Trusted Friends' feature,

socrates

In the zone
Here's a situation: you create a Facebook account. You fall in love with said account. You're on it all day, every single day. And then, your computer explodes. You go to login on a new machine, and you realize that your minty fresh browser has no recollection of your Facebook password. At this point, you're probably pondering the point of taking another breath. Evidently, Facebook understands your dilemma, and in the coming weeks, it'll be testing out a new password recovery system for those who can't / won't take advantage of the existing methods. Christened "Trusted Friends," the feature will allow a user to select between three and five pals that they're confident will help out in dire times. Then, should you lose your password, Facebook can send recovery codes to that gang, and they can hand 'em over to you in order to unlock things. According to Facebook, it's akin to "giving a house key to your friends when you go on vacation." The only concern? Friends aren't friends forever, and even BFFs can morph into WEEs given the right circumstances. Choose wisely, Facebookers.
Facebook testing 'Trusted Friends' feature, the password unlock we hope you never have to use -- Engadget

clmlbx

Technomancer
Nice, this Feature is active from last few months.But I really believe this is better then, security question . As many times people forgot(or say never remembers) their security answers too.

Sarath

iDota
So if you add your gf and then there's a break up, she can potentially screw you up. History has it that no being can wreak as much devastation on men as a woman can.
Double edged sword I must say :D

P.S. Sorry for being so sexist :) couldn't help it

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well what I know you don't need to decide Now.. You have to decide these trusted friends when u click on Forgot password or something like that in Facebook . Then it gives list of your friends.and then you can choose which are closer to you now or say contacted easily..

choose and then call them ..

gameranand

Living to Play
Weired feature at best. People usually use facebook to contact friends and if account is locked how he's gonna contact with friend.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ same old Way By Calling :lol:. every one has some friends which we meet daily or are on Call base ( Which can be contacted with Call too) . so that is easy and better I believe. I have experienced it so I know.. I got the call for help from my friends. As soon I picked up call he asked are you in front of comp or not. :lol: It was funny but very helpfull

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't trust other "friends".
I believe in myself. So will rely on security question and/or mobile verification.

Top Bottom