Facebook and the nonsense called timeline

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
but the extension has made it 'invisible' for me or others to see, and what i/they see is the plain & simple(??) old look.

Are you sure? I guess the extension would help you to avoid that timeline but your friends would see it unless they are also using some kind of extension.

Ironman

In the zone
Agree to a major extent. Joined due to peer pressure. But have to stay since I figured out this as the most easiest way to reach to many :)

Peer Pressure ~~ Me Too , i hate it , just a time killer
A nonsense called Facebook and more nonsense called timeline!
It Makes No Sense to use Timeline ,

+1. Life without fakebook is so much better.

They just sell our personal data to other advertising companies

mark has screwed FB. In trying to do everything he has made the website so heavy that now i find it unusable.

MZ need more money and more and more and more ~~~!!!!:twisted:

i had suspended my account since many months, but logged in again to the bandwagon a few weeks back upon consistent requests from friends (apparently, its one way to keep in contact with a select few nowadays in this FB-crazed world :(). then i too encountered this annoying 'timeline' thing. but now am using an extension in chrome named 'timeline remove'. although timeline feature is still present for my account (since it can't be removed), but the extension has made it 'invisible' for me or others to see, and what i/they see is the plain & simple(??) old look.

and now, what i keep doing whenever i feel to, is, log in 'happily', see what all funny & other pictures the world has posted, save those images to my HDD, and then log off (in between, PMing a few contacts)! this is one fruitful use i can currently understand of this book. poor me. though i second batman here from my heart when it comes to FB's features:

*i.imgur.com/cJaLFl.jpg

I had to keep my account due to friends Pressure

FB Was fun at first,not anymore.now i find Facebook Babes Picture Pack to be more entertaining than FB:D

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Better news for Facebook users

Facebook Timeline compulsory from next week

lol..back to beginning! that is how this thread started.

Again other poor addons are how "seen" is used in chat and from y'day in groups as well telling who all saw the chat message/post and at what time. And they are keeping edit history of comments as well.

The whole world is going under their surveillance....and under Google's as well.

mitraark

Decrepit
I am thankful to Facebook for letting me stay in touch with many of my old friends , who would have otherwise been off the radar since i live in a different city now. But now i still catch up every day of my vacation , play Football FIFA cards , go to Chandni . . all possible because we had kept in touch via Facebook.

You might say they aren't my true friends at all , otherwise you need not have to use Facebook to stay in touch. Well, easier said than done , especially when you leave for outside. There are people who I meet up once in a while even without interacting on Facebook , and there are people who we keep bumping into Facebook but not much in real life. Facebook isn't essential for keeping connected , it just makes it a whole lot easier.

Just thought of contributing to the "FOR" side of Facebook since this thread has practically become a Facebook bashing discussion. I did not use Orkut when it was in its prime , but i never felt the need to mock it , if you don't like something it would be wiser not to talk about it , otherwise you're just bluffing yourself.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Just thought of contributing to the "FOR" side of Facebook since this thread has practically become a Facebook bashing discussion. I did not use Orkut when it was in its prime , but i never felt the need to mock it , if you don't like something it would be wiser not to talk about it , otherwise you're just bluffing yourself.

Mitraark, do read the entire discussion. Just quoting my own words,

have to stay since I figured out this as the most easiest way to reach to many :)

Providing a wonderful user solution doesnt mean an intrusion to your private space. Hope you share the same thought.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Are you sure? I guess the extension would help you to avoid that timeline but your friends would see it unless they are also using some kind of extension.

i verified with a friend after activating the extension. he said he couldn't see the timeline. and he himself isn't using any extension of that sort. would ask a few others also to verify this.

Sweves

Broken In
I don't like the Timeline idea of Facebook, but there's nothing we can do about it. However, we have control on what can be posted in our Timeline. You can go to the settings and enable the Timeline review before anything gets posted into your Timeline, you have to approve it.

Top Bottom