Eyefinity setup under 150k-180k

rock2702

Padawan
I switched from a 1440x900 to a 2560x1440 res screen and the transition was huge.Never played on 1920x1080.So I tried lowering my monitor res. to 1920x1080 and man, it looked dull and hazy.That is 1920x1080 on a 27 incher.Once you play at higher res, it is very difficult to go back.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thanks for answering. I guess it answers rest of the story.

1920x1080p on a single large high quality screen over a 3 cheap computer monitors displaying a visual with one inch thick obstructions called bezels which alters the geometry of the picture....... ,Yes Indeed it does answer rest of the story. High resolution in one screen over three matter a lot.The irony is even with 3 monitors you are still at 1080p vertically,the most important lines!!! A single 1440p is the answer or is still your next upgrade path!Thats the irony. Come join the club.:p

I switched from a 1440x900 to a 2560x1440 res screen and the transition was huge.Never played on 1920x1080.So I tried lowering my monitor res. to 1920x1080 and man, it looked dull and hazy.That is 1920x1080 on a 27 incher.Once you play at higher res, it is very difficult to go back.

Higher resolution 1440p on a single screen Im all for it. But three bezel infested screen is like looking out a window with iron grills!!!

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
1920x1080p on a single large high quality screen over a 3 cheap computer monitors displaying a visual with one inch thick obstructions called bezels which alters the geometry of the picture....... ,Yes Indeed it does answer rest of the story. High resolution in one screen over three matter a lot.The irony is even with 3 monitors you are still at 1080p vertically,the most important lines!!! A single 1440p is the answer or is still your next upgrade path!Thats the irony. Come join the club.:p

Higher resolution 1440p on a single screen Im all for it. But three bezel infested screen is like looking out a window with iron grills!!!

I'm not against a single monitor gaming, but the irony is here.

*www.audioholics.com/education/display-formats-technology/audioholics-hdmi-1-3-q-a/hdmi13resolution.gif

*i.imgur.com/DShHJ.jpg

1440p vs 1080p.

Field of View really matters a lot w.r.t gaming. In case you never had a hands one experience, its a different thing.

1080p on a 46 incher, i wonder how the text & images are upscaled. Again its upto the end user, how satisfied he & his eyes are.

FYI, i don't run 1080p its 3780 x 1920 & that's how i stress my GPU. After few minutes of either Gaming or Movies your eyes will start ignoring those bezels, which you call them windows.

Also its a very cheap solution rather than a single 1080p 46incher. I wold recommend you to read about Field of View from wiki

refer this *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view_in_video_games

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I'm not against a single monitor gaming, but the irony is here.

*www.audioholics.com/education/display-formats-technology/audioholics-hdmi-1-3-q-a/hdmi13resolution.gif

Depth of View really matters a lot w.r.t gaming. In case you never had a hands one experience, its a different thing.

1080p on a 46 incher, i wonder how the text & images are upscaled. Again its upto the end user, how satisfied he & his eyes are.

FYI, i don't run 1080p its 3780 x 1920 & that's how i stress my GPU. After few minutes of either Gaming or Movies your eyes will start ignoring those bezels, which you call them windows.

Also its a very cheap solution rather than a single 1080p 46incher.

Depth of Field ? and Who told you or gave you the idea its not shown or seen in a high quality 46 inch screen which has every possible image processing circuit present, LOL.You should really try a big 1920x1080 screen (even a non reference screen} to get a first hand experience.

Now as far as text readability is concerned on a 46 incher let me post an image rather than talking or getting links from elsewhere .....here you go...my screen.... showing your post.....[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/dsc00785yx.jpg/][IMG]*img266.imageshack.us/img266/2352/dsc00785yx.jpg[/URL]

Now tell me what is not readable here. If a low quality camera which has taken the shot from a distance,since its a large monitor, makes the texts so palpable you can guess how good it is in reality.Am I clear now?

Go out and get a big screen you will love it to death over one inch thick borders that mar a visual. Would you like a beautiful photograph of Megan Fox with one inch thick Jail Bars on her face. I dont wanna see her in Jail,comon. Kidding.:p

d3p

PowerHouse
Depth of Field ? and Who told you or gave you the idea its not shown or seen in a high quality 46 inch screen which has every possible image processing circuit present, LOL.You should really try a big 1920x1080 screen (even a non reference screen} to get a first hand experience.

Now as far as text readability is concerned on a 46 incher let me post an image rather than talking or getting links from elsewhere .....here you go...my screen.... showing your post.....

Now tell me what is not readable here. If a low quality camera which has taken the shot from a distance,since its a large monitor, makes the texts so palpable you can guess how good it is in reality.Am I clear now?

Go out and get a big screen you will love it to death over one inch thick borders that mar a visual. Would you like a beautiful photograph of Megan Fox with one inch thick Jail Bars on her face. I dont wanna see her in Jail,comon. Kidding.:p

If i'm correct, that's Field of View [it was an error from my side].

Just do me a favour. Take a screenshot of the FAR CRY 3 while you are playing at 1920 x 1080p & let me take a screenshot of FAR CRY 3 at 3780 x 1920. Then compare & you yourself will find out what is Called as FIELD OF VIEW !.....

Regarding Monitors of different sizes. I owned a 21.5inch Alienware of 1920x1080p, Asus VK278Q 27incher of 1920x1080p & also a Samsung 40incher before posting, what it looks like to game at 1920 x 1080p.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Theres no point D3P because Im against the black bars in my images. Even if its 4K I dont want them. Thats simple,and looks common sense to me. You had screens which were all 1080p and no 1440p 27 or 30 incher. If you had them you would have completely got my point over a single screen doing high resolution over 3 screens which is geometrically flawed in the first place because of Bezel Compensation.

A high quality image on a single high quality screen doing a high resolution image [1440p] will always be better over 3 screens doing it.

OK lets do it ,lets take a shot.

d3p

PowerHouse
Theres no point D3P because Im against the black bars in my images. Even if its 4K I dont want them. Thats simple,and looks common sense to me. You had screens which were all 1080p and no 1440p 27 or 30 incher. If you had them you would have completely got my point over a single screen doing high resolution over 3 screens which is geometrically flawed in the first place because of Bezel Compensation.

A high quality image on a single high quality screen doing a high resolution image [1440p] will always be better over 3 screens doing it.

OK lets do it ,lets take a shot.

1440p of 27-30inch is pretty good anyday.. I too agree there, but a single 1440p doesn't come cheap. Moreover the only advantage with multi monitor is the Field of View it offers & higher resolution.

Again, this bezel thing is something which is more of personal taste. Take it of throw it, it makes no sense.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
1440p of 27-30inch is pretty good anyday.. I too agree there, but a single 1440p doesn't come cheap. Moreover the only advantage with multi monitor is the Field of View it offers & higher resolution.

Again, this bezel thing is something which is more of personal taste. Take it of throw it, it makes no sense.

Yes, whatever Bezel thing I did put up was my opinion or personal preference, thats true. Its personal taste I agree on that.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
3 x 24inch 1080p monitors in portrait mode will offer huge DOF & there will not be the feeling that the image is streaching

i have seen in office conference rooms there's a very large display. Initialy i thought it to be a huge single display on closer look i found that it is 4 displays configured as 2 x 2 grid.

So if we can suggest op such bezel less monitor it will be worth it only down side of this is op has to sell out a good amount on mounting mechanism of such kind of setup.

have a look at this thread

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
3 x 24inch 1080p monitors in portrait mode will offer huge DOF & there will not be the feeling that the image is streaching

i have seen in office conference rooms there's a very large display. Initialy i thought it to be a huge single display on closer look i found that it is 4 displays configured as 2 x 2 grid.

So if we can suggest op such bezel less monitor it will be worth it only down side of this is op has to sell out a good amount on mounting mechanism of such kind of setup.

have a look at this thread

There are Curved Monitors made by NEC CRV43D & Alienware. AFAIK, it was priced at 8000$.

*cdn.overclock.net/c/cb/500x1000px-LL-cbbd5e54_alienware-crvd-42dwx-curved.jpeg

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I have actually used a Curved Ostendo when working in Saudi Arabia with a liquid Immersed PC,The experience of playing Crysis on that is phenomenal! [the gear belonged to a Technology Shop named Me Mega in Prince Sultan Street, Jeddah]But they didnt have todays HD Resolutions....thats a downer.

The Ostendo are priced at $6700 and NECs were $7100/7300

Last edited:

BombayBoy

Journeyman
Let us know, what is the Size & Resolution of the BIG Screen you both are referring ???

One Big Screen & One Big Titan won't do anything special for the Resolution, which the BIG screen is supporting ??? Will ya ?? Then why getting a Titan or GTX 690 for 1080p ??? Do we have 4k Screens available in India ?? Nope....

i prefer gaming on my single big screen over a multi-screen setup with the bezels (just personal preference) :)

for the 4K Screens - you can get one here if it is in budget Sony 3D LED TV KD-84X9000 (Black, 84) Buy Sony 3D LED TV KD-84X9000 - Home Entertainment - Infibeam.com

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
lol u guys are fighting over big screen we are struggling for 1080p here..........

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
I7 3930k 30k
gigabyte x79 ud5 20k
670sli 54k
at leaves you approximately 80k for other components!
If you want dell increase your budget a little and you can have a great rig with quad channel memory, more gpu bandwidth from mobo. Its an insane rig :)
Actually my dream rig if I get into IIT
;)

And did I mention you will have a 6 core cpu which will be a little better than haswell i7 overall

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
so much for arguments.. where is OP??

is he even reading all this?