External Hard disk showing as raw volume

rajeev bedi

Broken In
External Hard disk showing as raw volume
Hello,
I need help..
I have a WD Passport external hard disk 500gb which was working normally earlier, recently it has started showing as raw Volume 0bytes.
This is showing normally in media player and Archos Tablet.
I tried changing volume name and path as described in your one of the post,but in vain.
Volume is shown in disk manage and device manager
Thanks and regards in advance

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if it is working correctly with other devices then problem might be with your pc usb port not providing enough power.check on a laptop/other pc & if it works correctly then try back side usb ports on your pc.

OP
rajeev bedi

rajeev bedi

Broken In
I ma using backside usb only.I tried using 3 different computer, it show the drive letter and 0 bytes raw in properties.
Device manager shows the device.scanning with antivirus takes no time.
Virus...?

Cilus

laborare est orare
If it is showing Raw then somehow it has been reset to factory setting, might be some vibration or over electricity. The final option is to format it from device manager.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
have you tried accessing it using linux system(live linux bootable cd/pendrive)?you can also try scanning using a data recovery software like recuva.also just to be sure try it on a laptop.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Its working with Tablet and not with PC...hmm then I don't think think its a hardware fault.
Try accessing in Linux if yes then back data up and format it again through Windows.

OP
rajeev bedi

rajeev bedi

Broken In
Thanks Guys, you certainly rock.Recovered the data using bootable Linux (Isolinux).
This forum certainly has the best helping people on this planet.

Top Bottom