Epic Browser - For India - Powered by Mozilla

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I just got to know about Epic web browser. It is written in the about page:

The Epic Browser is the first-ever web browser for India and the first product from the software company Hidden Reflex.

Hidden Reflex is a software product startup founded by Alok Bhardwaj in 2007 and based in Bangalore. Alok, who was raised in the U.S., was inspired by the success of open source software and web 2.0 innovations. Hidden Reflex began as a team of three but soon progressed and now has dedicated teams working on two products simultaneously – the Epic Browser and NewsDrink. The company also has three patents pending related to its product innovations.

The company’s vision is to become the first globally recognized, consumer-oriented software product company in India. According to Alok Bhardwaj, CEO and Founder of Hidden Reflex, “We want to prove that India can be a hub for innovation in software and technology."

Our mission with the Epic browser is to create the most secure, most productive and most “Indian” browsing experience of any web browser!

Code:
*www.epicbrowser.com/index.html

It is said to have in built anti-virus and lots of other features...
Lets try it.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I haven't tried it as of now, but I think it is claiming too much on the website. :|
Lets hope it will keep its promises.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
heh Antivirus? Developed it themselves? Or it is some open source or licensed engine embedded? Quite an interesting concept though.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Wait, i am downloading it and will install.. Lets see what antivirus they have.... :D (I am using Ubuntu 10.4)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
LOL.. might be modified version of IE with modified chrome logo.... :D :D
It's Firefox

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Indian Startup Launches Epic Web Browser < Web Browsers < PC World India News < PC World.in

Apparantly the AV is powered by ESET (the producers of NOD32?), quite interesting

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Modified for india.... Whats that means? Means blocking P*rn?

Do you think indians are the one and only who watches p0rn?
Thats lame. They just modified the theme, added new languages to type in and customised to look in a way that its made for India. Thats it.

BTW They can hit us easily, because my friends for sure will fell since it has in-built anti-virus.... :rofl:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Modified for india.... Whats that means? Means blocking P*rn?
One-Click Private Data Deletion.
One-Click Private Browsing.
I'll say it's rather the opposite :D

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Do you think indians are the one and only who watches p0rn?
Indians are the ones who go the moral high ground about sexuality :p "Angrez hamari sanskriti kharab karte hai" and all :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Indians are the ones who go the moral high ground about sexuality :p "Angrez hamari sanskriti kharab karte hai" and all :D

That doesnt mean we are one who watch p0rn.

BTW look @ the screenies

*img340.imageshack.us/img340/4680/browser1.th.png

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/4629/browser3.th.png

*img37.imageshack.us/img37/6544/india1.th.png

*img121.imageshack.us/img121/7505/themess.th.png

Man, it looks like a sh1t... :-x

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah, this is not upto the mark...actually I was expecting something like chrome...light-fast etc...maybe they need to work a lot in this before it is widely accepted.

Why are they saying that it is specially for Indian users? This way they will lose on the majority of internet users who live elsewhere...even if this product is developed up to the mark

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Let me rephrase it,

"That doesnt mean we are the only one who watch p0rn."

:-D

Yup...

BTW It has ESET which scans for files in the system but its not so good for me, coz i am on Ubuntu. And themes makes the browser looks like a childish creation. :D

Other than that it has in-built tabs for famous sites like Orkut :)D famous!!!),
facebook, gmail, twitter, *sigh* a lot more, which only been viewed by indians. Rest is same as FFx.

monkey

Padawan
I have tried it and it feels fast. Look-wise it is more of cross between FF and Chrome but with lot of "quick Launch" buttons on the left (makes it look cluttered and confusing). I only hope it is safe to use so that I can use it more exhaustively. But it is still worth a try.

hunch

Right off the assembly line
it is very tough to enter in the browser market and competing with heavyweights like IE, FF and chrome. But a great initiative and they try to make is more user friendly. The browser is build such that it will increase productivity. I suspect that after so many feature how the performance will be...

Top Bottom