Edifier DA5000 PRO OR F&D F6000 ?!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi all,

was about to go for an audition of the DA5000 PRO at alfa (andheri, mumbai) today eve, when someone suggested to me the F&D F6000. i read its reviews and it looks darn appealing. am stuck up between the two. please help. some details :

1. aim - gaming, music, movies (in that order)

2. set-up - have xonar-dx

3. price for DA - ~8.5k
price for F6000 - ~6-8k

kindly suggest. am really split up between the two

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hehe....arre abhi to season bhi hai yaar.......well, there's one gentleman here who thinks otherwise, and says DA5000 PRO is crap and F&D is better.
so thought may be lets take some advise before going ahead.....well anyway, i have already decided to stay with the DA :grin:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well i listened to either of them, but edifier are a very good brand, and some of their speakers are real good. Not a pro in it :|

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^What i have xpereienced is that, most speakers although very good in whichever segment, turn out to be failure in performance at higher vol levels!

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ riders4siam - congrats ! i was eyeing that, and now think of getting it for my TV system, but only after auditioning it. i will contact you sometime soon :)

@ sujay - you are true about most of them. now though i havent properly set-up my system, which am gonna do tomorrow, but whatever little i have listened to the system by now, the DA5000 Pro, it shakes my chest at high vol....and at low vol, it isnt much rattling. but this should be considered just an initial take.
will put up a thread on it, hopefully tomorrow after the set-up is done :)

andcha

Broken In
What was the final price of edifier and where did you bought it from?
Also, can they be connected to TV, for eg. VIERA TH-P42ST30D | Panasonic

Waiting for the pic session

Last edited:
OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hi,

i will create the thread on that this weekend. pls do visit it. and yes, the price was 8200/-. and if i am right, i think it can surely be connected to this viera model too :)

andcha

Broken In
Sounds good.
Do you know of any online marketplace where I can get them from, I tried flipkart and letsbuy but no success.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
am afraid not, except at lynx-india....but you first call up that person before placing order, talk to him CLEARLY about your intended purchase, get all details about shipping, probable time of delivery, discount (official 20% from edifier), etc, and then you can go ahead. he's selling it for ~11.5k. elsewhere, it isnt available online.

andcha

Broken In
Thanks for all the help GhorMaanas and everybody else who suggested edifier. I was in nehru place yesterday and was able to pin point a shop selling edifier speakers. Got em' for 8400/-, have connected to the tv through the headphone jack. Sound is good as of now and all speakers are working, but I am not sure whether the sound is up to mark or not, or it may increase if I connect it through the 5.1 channel jacks behind the sub woofer box. How and to what have you connected to?

sukant

Fragholic
you cannot connect through the 5.1 channel to your tv unless your tv has 5.1 analog input which i am sure wont be the case but there maybe 1 analog port to which you can connect your RCA cable (left right) and other end to the aux input of your subwoofer.
This will give you a better sound output than the headphone jack i think.
Jealous of the prices you people got ur edifiers i shelled out 11k :( .

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Everyone has an opinion lol..
hehe....arre abhi to season bhi hai yaar.......well, there's one gentleman here who thinks otherwise, and says DA5000 PRO is crap and F&D is better.
so thought may be lets take some advise before going ahead.....well anyway, i have already decided to stay with the DA :grin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom