MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
i think the veterans visit this sub-forum regularly, so i'm posting my query here!
Which is the more geekier subject: Electronics & Communication Engineering(ECE)/Electronics & TeleCommunication Engineering(ETE) or Computer Science & Engineering(CSE)???

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Geekier? WTF?
What do you mean?

Choose what you like or what you are good at.

Last edited:
OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Well, i have read the syllabus of both and found that "Encryption" and "data coding" is not included in CSE, whereas it is in ECE. I love these stuffs! But, then again, i have not that much interests in Satellite communication compared to computers!

Can i learn these topics separately if i take CSE?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
If it's not part of the syllabus, you cannot study it as part of the curriculum. You *may* get it as an elective in the final year (depends on the university).

Jerin

Journeyman
Well, i have read the syllabus of both and found that "Encryption" and "data coding" is not included in CSE, whereas it is in ECE. I love these stuffs! But, then again, i have not that much interests in Satellite communication compared to computers!

Can i learn these topics separately if i take CSE?

What else do you know about ECE ? Core ECE is for hardcore electronic geeks and not for those who are planning a career outside the electronics field.

Are you planning a career in IT ? If yes then go for CSE otherwise if you have many other plans then you can choose CSE.

One thing is sure : even if you choose CSE then also you have to study some electronics subjects, because they are related.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

What else do you know about ECE ? Core ECE is for hardcore electronic geeks and not for those who are planning a career outside the electronics field.

Are you planning a career in IT ? If yes then go for CSE otherwise if you have many other plans then you can choose CSE.

One thing is sure : even if you choose CSE then also you have to study some electronics subjects, because they are related.

processor architecture and related topics are included in both ECE and CSE, i guess? Initially, i'll join a company just to earn money, but i plan to indulge in R&D activity in the long term! :p

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
processor architecture and related topics are included in both ECE and CSE, i guess? Initially, i'll join a company just to earn money, but i plan to indulge in R&D activity in the long term!

mate that's exactly what I wanna do.

heard of VLSI? (it's okay if you havnt, some 2nd year engineering students dont know too), well, thats what I plan to do.

FOr that, I have to choose either ECE or EEE, and under ECE electives you can do a bit programming too, if that satisfies your computer hunger.

But remember, in the end, do what you want to do, cuz you bloody hell will have to do that rest of your life (unless you become "another" IT professional, or "another" MBA degree holder)

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

mate that's exactly what I wanna do.

heard of VLSI? (it's okay if you havnt, some 2nd year engineering students dont know too), well, thats what I plan to do.

FOr that, I have to choose either ECE or EEE, and under ECE electives you can do a bit programming too, if that satisfies your computer hunger.

But remember, in the end, do what you want to do, cuz you bloody hell will have to do that rest of your life (unless you become "another" IT professional, or "another" MBA degree holder)

well, i know what VLSI designing is, but it can be done later as a separate crash course also...it's an awesum topic btw! ;)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Know that real VLSI designing is impossible without knowledge of electronics. If you really want to go that way, I suggest taking ECE or EEE.

comp@ddict

well, i know what VLSI designing is, but it can be done later as a separate crash course also...it's an awesum topic btw! ;)

Know that real VLSI designing is impossible without knowledge of electronics. If you really want to go that way, I suggest taking ECE or EEE.

There you go. That's why my options are ECE and EEE. I spoke to the professors wherever I get an opportunity. They say, grab ECE if you get it, then EEE as 2nd choice.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

I have interest in processor architecture/microprocessors, communication systems and as well as hacking, coding, programming. What should i choose?

comp@ddict

Well, under ECE you have electives in C++ and basic coding. If you want to be a white hat hacker, you can pursue it in a specialization course later on.

FOr processor architecture , VLSI is the key, and it's available under both ECE and EEE

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Well, under ECE you have electives in C++ and basic coding. If you want to be a white hat hacker, you can pursue it in a specialization course later on.

FOr processor architecture , VLSI is the key, and it's available under both ECE and EEE

well, i think VLSI is also an elective in CSE course, right?

abhi09

Right off the assembly line
I have interest in processor architecture/microprocessors, communication systems and as well as hacking, coding, programming. What should i choose?

u can go for ece ...cause u ll learn abt microprocessors and comm. systems, and do coding also....

Top Bottom