Earthing from cabinet

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I don't know how to write this in english as I've always spoken/heard of it in hindi.

"Mera cabinet current maarta hai. " What should I do?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
This shock may not be from the pc smps always. Some times it may be from the connected devices like router or printer. Remove all the connected devices and check for 'shock'. Last day I felt shock while moving my pc. After removing the printer the shock went away. You can connect a wire from the chassis to any earth point to avoid this.

d3p

PowerHouse
I don't know how to write this in english as I've always spoken/heard of it in hindi.

"Mera cabinet current maarta hai. " What should I do?

Either get your Electrical Connections right or Cover your cabinet and never touch it again when powered.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Proper grounding is required.. check all ground connections.
If you have charcoal type pit try adding water to that..

once grounded. you should be alright .
you may also attach a ground wire directly to your cabinet.

flyingcow

Shibe
My PC does it some times :(

BTW it (PSU pin) has no third pin, by that i mean it has no earthing pin. I assume it is due to that correct?

BTW it (PSU pin) has no third pin, by that i mean it has no earthing pin. I assume it is due to that correct?

It it doesn't have a third pin. it it cannot be grounded. Only thing you do is connect a wire from cabinet to ground (please verify if this it right).

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

which PSU do you have, cuz most of the PSU's do have Earthing connector (3rd big pin), heard of this type just now. never before.

flyingcow

Shibe
I have one of these cables.

AC power connectors

yeah yeah just like this!

I know that stuff but op said he doesnt have one on PSU pin..

Sorry it wasn't op/ it was flyingcow
Yea, Im sure. When I first saw it, I thought it was detachable, but when i tried to find the third pin in the box, didnt find it

Sorry if I confuses but I meant the pin which we connect to the wall socket..that didnt have a third pin.

which PSU do you have, cuz most of the PSU's do have Earthing connector (3rd big pin), heard of this type just now. never before.

Its seasonic 620W s12II

It it doesn't have a third pin. it it cannot be grounded. Only thing you do is connect a wire from cabinet to ground (please verify if this it right).

Damn it, the PC isnt on the ground floor :(

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Your pc don't need to be in the ground floor. Just connect a wire to one of the screws of the case and connect the other end to the body of your ups or directly to the earth point of a three pin socket.

On a side note, this earthing may be due to the moist atmosphere also. I have never experienced a shock before the rainy season.

Your pc don't need to be in the ground floor. Just connect a wire to one of the screws of the case and connect the other end to the body of your ups or directly to the earth point of a three pin socket.

On a side note, this earthing may be due to the moist atmosphere also. I have never experienced a shock before the rainy season.

One of my neighbour also experiences electric shocks on his cabinet (even I've been shocked multiple times :p) and we dont have moist environment here in Jodhpur.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Ask an electrician to get the earthing of your house checked. We mostly get a shock due to improper earthing. And if you are running your PC w/o proper earthing then be careful. Improper earthing can burn/damage your PC components.
I already faced such issues with my SMPS and Motherboard.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
see this :
Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU Review by Dibyendu Das | Flipkart.com

4. Supplied power cable was a european one ( in europe the ground pin is in the socket not the plug) . I had to get my own power cord . I really wanted to deduct a star for that but the unit is just to true.

the review is for the same model except that its 520 Watts.

IFF your Home Sockets are properly Grounded, this is the problem , IMO.
hope it solves your problem.

flyingcow

Shibe
see this :

IFF your Home Sockets are properly Grounded, this is the problem , IMO.
hope it solves your problem.

Yeah thank you, I believe they are properly grounded, didnt get shocks from PS3 or tatasky...If I use another cable (from local shop) will it cause any harm to my components??

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Are you using any extension box or such device having multiple power points? faulty design of the same can result into such issues.
Have you checked if this happens on all power sockets or only a specific one.

Top Bottom