EA stops selling physical copy of games for PC gamers

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It needs more explanation. You mean all those gamers buying "physical" and original copies of the game is bad?
I read in someone's signature a long time back "Stop piracy, steal original disks". What that's suppose to mean then? :/

two issues here one global, one local
the global issue is off sale prices, physical media is cheaper than digital media... bizarre. For $3 I can get a DVD mailed home for a game that costs $10 on digital distribution.
the local issue is the cost of downloading the game is often more than the cost of the game itself. Roughly it is Rs. 50 for a Gigabyte.

Either way, there is not much EA can do about these things, but this is what is bothering us. It is because of these conditions that this looks like a bad move by EA.

Alok

Adventurer
I bought DA:O and ME2 and was thinking for Inquisition as well...this is bad decision.
3g night packs are cheap but that doesn't mean I'll download a ~20 GB game for which I have already paid. Sorry EA I'll get physical copy otherwise.

Come to think of it..my friend bought Hitman Absolution and activated it on steam only to find out that additional 9GB update was required to play the game. Borrowed a pirated copy instead and vowed never to buy original. :/

gameranand

Living to Play
Come to think of it..my friend bought Hitman Absolution and activated it on steam only to find out that additional 9GB update was required to play the game. Borrowed a pirated copy instead and vowed never to buy original. :/

You friend bought the game with one of the worst possible update system. Every time that game updated in the past, it was like 12-13 GBs.

$hadow

Geek in making
I am done with EA now after their this move. I was not satisfied with their price hike and now this. They have no idea regarding the broadband speed of average consumer in India. Looks like they are saying go and get a pirated version of the game.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really it's not only bad but worst move ever taken by EA but they are not new to take such moves anyway.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It needs more explanation. You mean all those gamers buying "physical" and original copies of the game is bad?

I meant this

Top Bottom