E63 or SE P1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeingHarsh

Broken In
hi all
I hav decided to buy a smart mobile. i hav a budget of Rs. 13k to 15k.
Main features i need r qwerty keyboard, large screen< so i can read pdfs>, good music quality.
i hav listes nokia e63 n se p1. which is better. Plz suggest any alternative

sujoyp

Grand Master
E63 over P1....New relese(2008 Nov) soo have some goodies like Symbian OS 9.2, Series 60 v3.1 UI....
Full qwerty keyboard
3.5mm jack
bad thing is poor sound quality:cry:
2mp camera
2.3inch screen

P1 over E63...2.6 inch touch screen..
3.15 mp camera
Looks better
Cons...Old technology(2007)...UIQ3 is out

Go for E63;)

dissel

Cyborg Agent
hi all
large screen< so i can read pdfs>, good music quality.

As my E63 with pre-installed Adobe reader 1.5 LE, this handset successfully handle 1-1.5 or 2 MB pdf files which include moderate Text+Image or only Text,
Beyond that it failed to open anything.

If you are in typical office environment it is ok...but if you planning to read e-books which is larger than 2 MB you get disappointed.

Though my test files are regular desktop version, not for mobile optimized version.

Music quality is clean & clear though it lack of bass even you use 'Bass Booster' equalizer preset...even my ep630 can't produce the booming effect.

It lacks HSDPA only UMTS & Camera produce quite passable image....lack of in-built GPS.....though u can still use Nokia Maps / Google Maps.

If you don't need those above feature...then it rocks in every aspect.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I would suggest a p1. Typing is a charm on the phone, and the camera is superb. It is hackable and you can port the walkman 3 into this phone as well. Change acoustics, etc,etc. Its reall cool and sounds great too. The touchscreen is really responsive too.

k4ce

Youngling
P1 uses uiq (uiq 3) ... but uiq , which is jointly owned by SE and motorola has filed for bankruptsy ... which means that uiq is as good as extinct ... so it will be difficult to get new apps for it ... but if u can live without that , go for the P1 ... but personally considering this development , e63 would be a much better buy

darkrider114

Broken In
Go for P1i. You won't regret.
Typing is a pure pleasure.
Even though uiq is dead, almost all the major apps are already developed.
On the top u can custom mod ur phone.
Nothing to do with uiq death. Right nw the firmware is stable.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, get the P1i. And dont expect anything but crap music quality from the E63. Watching vids on the P1 is pure bliss.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
And dont expect anything but crap music quality from the E63.

A friend (and a colleague) owns an E63 and I can tell you it sounds anything but crap. In fact it is one of the best sounding S60 phones from Nokia and also has a proper 3.5mm headphone jack. Hear it to believe it. Don't make presumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom