DVD writer - which to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
Dont look at the drive's write speed cuz u'll only get 16x DVD media in the market now at cheap rates,just forget bout the '18X' thing.SONY's drives r gr8 but their after sales service sux.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
:twisted: i buy 2 sony dvd writer and both r having same problem.every bootup it make noise and reading is not good then i buyed a smasung dvd writer

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
NIGHTMARE said:
:twisted: i buy 2 sony dvd writer and both r having same problem.every bootup it make noise and reading is not good then i buyed a smasung dvd writer
Congrats after one year the samsung drive will give u 'nightmares'. If not then consider that you are one of the luckiest person around.

Ch@0s

In the zone
asudevan said:
Majority votes for Liteon. So can someone pls give Liteon's contact address/website?

If you really want a good drive then check cdrlabs or cdfreaks or cdrinfo. Majority opinion deciding your purchase is real lame :p. Also to the person who was shunning that dude... the new Sony DRU830A is *MADE BY SAMSUNG*. Wake up!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
tech_your_future said:
Congrats after one year the samsung drive will give u 'nightmares'. If not then consider that you are one of the luckiest person around.

:twisted:READ Ch@Os QUOTE

slugger

Banned
Planning to buy a DVD Writer
Have zeroed in on these two

LiteON LH16A1P Super All Write (Rs.1950)
LiteON SHW1635 S (Rs. 1850)

which one shud i buy and re they gud choices

both r gud choices . For 100 bucks more u get DVD RAM read/write ability n so I will go with all rite 1 .

Also the latest sony DVD writer SONY DVD RW DW-G120A dual layer writer
is a rebadged LITE-ON SHM-165P6S. So u can che out this 1 also .

DVD RAM is more suitasble for data backups n use in camcorders .

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@aj27july
the guy might have bought the drive nd will be using it for 3 months.
plz check the date before posting. Seems like a newbie

praka123

left this forum longback
Brought a Samsung 18X dual layer SH-S182 DVD Writer packed fresh ,while on travel in a place called Kottayam,For Rs-2050/- and the other brand they have is SONY for Rs-2000 they called it OEM:confused:,with only the SONY writer drive available,no case,driver cd,nothing:mad:.i am in full mood to buy the writer drive.SO brought Samsung drive.waiting to see whether it is worth or not.OH yeah my first cd drive was a samsung with the tray problem.They have no other drives in stock-the dealer is Ozone Systems,Kottayam.
I should've brought the writer from Cochin(Nearer),but temptation caused the buy out from other town.
SO Guys is this price OK?

premsharma

In the zone
Samsung / Sony Never ... Ever ....
Sony is manufactured by LightOn
LighOn is presently best and can also look for Asus.

If you can get Pioneer, then nothing can be better than this. Plextor is another good drives.

Anyway since the drives have become cheap, allmost are same quality. You should expect it to last for a year or so. All make noises and allmost have same life baring Samsung, samsung will hardly last few months and never ending cycle of visits to their service centers.

If anyone has used old writers [dvd], when it was arrount 5000 - 6000, they they will understand, what i am trying to say. Those writers use to last more than 3 years.

Now since the time, they have become, within 2000, they all are almost same. Sony has media compatibility issues the most. If you are planning to use local cheap media, then sony is not made for you.

So decide according your requirements, for me all are allmost same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom