DVD writer - which to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

premsharma

In the zone
praka123 said:
Brought a Samsung 18X dual layer SH-S182 DVD Writer packed fresh ,while on travel in a place called Kottayam,For Rs-2050/- and the other brand they have is SONY for Rs-2000 they called it OEM:confused:,with only the SONY writer drive available,no case,driver cd,nothing:mad:.i am in full mood to buy the writer drive.SO brought Samsung drive.waiting to see whether it is worth or not.OH yeah my first cd drive was a samsung with the tray problem.They have no other drives in stock-the dealer is Ozone Systems,Kottayam.
I should've brought the writer from Cochin(Nearer),but temptation caused the buy out from other town.
SO Guys is this price OK?

Sony OEM is arround 1650. Prices for other writers have fallen below 1900 now.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Well I have lost belief in Sony & samsung dvd writers...Rite now both have problems..And when I came to know that Sony is using Samsung's prototype then I have taken an oath never to look at Sony again...Liteon is best...even Gigabyte uses liteon's technology

swapcool

Broken In
One of my friend is coming form US and has agreed to bring a DVD writer for me, I want a DVD writer with Ligthscribe. Can someone suggest whic model I should go for. I want the one with IDE interface.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
looking for dvd-drive/writer..

1.Budget - 1500
2.quieter the better
3.reliable company
4.sata interface.

..in ahmedabad

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
OK I bought samsing 20x SH-S203d for 1200 :D
1.fits the budget