DVD Writer help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys i have been owning sony dvd writer for 4 years now & finally it seems to have stopped working...it doesn't respond to any cd,scratches come in the disk,cd cracking inside etc...Since its out of warranty now...i need to get a new dvd writable drive soon...So my budget is about 1400-1500 approx..could u guys pls suggest a good dvd drive in the market right now?do i have to tweak my budget...pls help me out in this... thanks

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
search is ur companion..many suggestions and debates have already done in this forum.

Ahh i did initially search for dvd writers for the first few pages..couldn't find the appropriate one..My bad...Next time will read more pages & see it myself..Atleast i don't need to create a new thread everytime.. :)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
LG GH22 SATA @ 1.1k.

hmm never used an lg drive before..hows the service??just did a google search..seems to be 22x..Need a product which will last for 2-3 years..are their products reliable?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Its luck basically. Your favourite brand may die within 1.5 years, while a brand you dislike may last for 2-3 years for me. Get LG/Samsung and hope it lasts. :)

dreams

Gracias Senor
Ahh i did initially search for dvd writers for the first few pages..couldn't find the appropriate one..My bad...Next time will read more pages & see it myself..Atleast i don't need to create a new thread everytime.. :)
thnx for understanding and also to take these type of comments sportively.

One suggestion I can make here, samsung gives the tray problem and even sony does the same. experiencing the same with these brands.
as krow said, try LG/Benq/Lite-on(I believe this is also sony, but not sure)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thanks Krow,dreams & krishnandu.sarkar for your help..will definitely look into LG/samsung writers & buy it..Thanks again.. :)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I don't why digit, being a tech forum, aren't even basically detailed about model numbers as far as dvd drives are concerned >_>
AFAIK sony 820a is a benq 1670 OEM, I heard samsung sh22f could be crossed flashed. Verbatims are good and better than moser baer. sony has pretty good scans but lower than verbatim and bit better than moser baer- atleast the sony discs that I got.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
I have been using LG h42n for past 2.5yrs, no problems though. LG's good.

And abt disc i use frontech (cheap) and burn @16x stil those disc r healthy

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Stick to 6x speeds for substandard (including moser baer) and 8x for good disks.

Thanks,Will keep that in mind next time...Also i had gone to vashi just to ask the price of LG GH22,When i asked him for this particular model,he had a blank look,they showed me one LG model...Is this the only lg dvd model in the market or are there different types?

Krow

Crowman
The model number will be apparent on the box. Mostly they sell OEM which is just a plastic wrapping. Try to get a boxed one if you are particular about the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom