DVD Burning with Dual Layer disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopz

In the zone
I tried burning Dual Layer DVDs using CDBurnerXP software. I have a Dell XPS m1330.

I wasted 2 DVDs so far, it burns halfway and then I get an error message and says that burn failed.

Am I doing something wrong? I dont remember what the error message was...but I m here to ask you guys if any special software or hardware is required for burning dual layer DVDs?

The data I tried to burn is around 7GB.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
well gopz.. please provide full details like ur DVD drive model num... etc..

>now plz try updating ur DVD RW firmware...
>use nero or ashampoo burning studio (free)
>or if u r too eager to use CD Burner XP try the updated version for CDBurner XP... and also check the cdburnerxp site whether the version u downloaded supports dual layer burning...

lastly, plz mention the error u are getting..
and asking out of anxiety.. how much did the dual layer dvd cost u??

SUDE

OP
gopz

gopz

In the zone
I wasted another DVD now :-(

Each DVD costs around 140 bucks and I am really frustrated that I am not able to backup my data. I dont have Nero. Click on the below image, it shows the error.

*www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/7/12/f_errorm_f08bab9.jpg&srv=img33*img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/7/12/t_errorm_f08bab9.jpg

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
gopz... try upgrading ur firmware...
or download the upgraded software of cdburnerxp...

SUDE

jal_desai

In the zone
why waste money for mere 4 Gbs more... backup ur data on conventional DVDs.. they will be very cost efficient... SEE to it tht it burns conventional DVDs or not... check whether u get the same error or not... if not then ur hardware seems to have soem problem and if yes then try some other software like nero or inbuilt cd/dvd burning feature available in xp

OP
gopz

gopz

In the zone
I have some data which I want to burn on a SINGLE DVD. So conventional DVDs dont work for me.

I have tried burning normal DVDs, it just works fine. The problem is only with burning Dual Layer DVDs. I have tried CDBurnerXP, Roxio but wasted 4 DVDs so far, which is like Rs.400 gone already.

rahulhunt007

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
This message is meant for the user, who's trying to burn Dual Layer Disc on His Dell XPS M1330. Let me know what model of drive is it, which u can find out through device Manager. Also the only reason i'm Asking u all this is coz I have the same Portable and I resolved the Dual Layer Disc issue. so do get in touch with me @ rahulhunt007@gmail.com. I Gaurentee u that i can resolve ur issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom