Dual Sim Handset from Nokia

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Nokia dual SIM mobile phones C1 and C2 launched in India Thetelecomnews.com

Nokia has finally launched 2 dual sim handsets C1 & C2. However, C1 doesn't have dual standby, only 1 sim will be active at a time. There is a dedicated sim switch button on it. C2 has dual standby and the standard feature set (VGA camera, microSD card slot, mp3 player, bluetooth etc.) and never seen before, hot swappable SIM card slot! The pricing of the phones are quite exciting. C1 has been priced at Rs. 1999 & C2's price, though not official, is expected to be around 2500. At that price a dual sim phone from nokia would be a steal for anyone on a tight budget.

With the recent onslaught from local companies, it was kind of expected. Nokia has been losing market share, especially in rural areas where the local brands with there lots of features and low prices have changed the face of the market. sadly people at those places do not care much about quality.

Nokia's move may give a whole new dimension to the market as it still claims more than half of the market's pie. we can expect more dual sim phones from reputed companies like samsung, LG, sony etc. but the best part is that, nokia with its huge market share, can even influence the competition in the service provider segment. Most people in the budget segment may want to have dual sim phones. With the plethora of plans and offers that run these days, we may see more and more and more connections as people will have space for 2 sims instead of one.

Let's see how good these handsets actually are. hope for the best, it's Nokia after all, quality never disappoints.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the news.

Sooner or Later it had to happen and the good thing is the big mobile company finally did it with rightr pricing and this two models specially the C2 will give those cheap mobile phones a really hard competition.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yes, now it's no longer a choice between quality and features, coz almost all features are there on C2. If only people would like to have quality product with a sober desig rather than those cheap products with sub-par quality body & interface and wacky designs. The choice is only of the screen size.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yeah, I think they'll have to stop C1 after a few days. C2 can have both Sims active at the same time. So that's the real phone

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, Nokia C2 is going to dominate the cheap mobile phone market in the upcoming festive season for sure :p

H

hac_king

Hey thanks for posting the news , C2 is yet to be launched in India and i don't think C1 will gain any popularity except those nerds who want to stick with nokia .

flickerman

Broken In
Most of the mobile manufacturers are now trying to high-end smartphones. Nokia seems to concentrate on mass segment with these types of mobile phones. They should concentrate more on developing high-end phones or ditch Symbian to develop new smartphone with Android OS.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It's not a secret that the last 10 years have been revolutionary for the Indian telecom Industry. I still remember the time when people used to call at someone else's house and asked them to call there neighbour or pass on a message. All that changed when Mobile phones started becoming cheap. Forget the last 2 years and try to remember what it was like. If you would have noticed, more than 90% people in rural areas would have nokia 1100, 1110, 1200 etc. reason: they were cheap, easy to use, batteries lasted long, voice was clear etc. etc.

Do you think it would have been possible for such revolutionary growth to take place if Nokia had not been there. No company had the resources or the desire to launch such good quality handsets at such low prices, and no company has till now. You cannot find such cheap dual-sim phones from any other brand. People used those Rs. 1200 handsets for over 5 years. I cannot imagine any phone lasting that long now. And those cheap chinese ones, only the luckiest of people manage to use a single phone for 2 years, rest may use one for a year before it is nothing more than a rock.

Nokia has enabled the poorest in our country to have access to communication facilities. India needs Nokia more than Nokia needs India. People who think about the telecom market this way never hate nokia and never want it to make better smartphones. Let it make the cheapest handsets with bare minimum features, let everyone of us have access to communication facilities of good quality.

As for Symbian S60, I am using 5230 and after a few days of use, I don't find it bad.

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Phonebook 1000 entries, Photocall

Bluetooth , v2.0

Radio Stereo FM radio; FM recording[may b 1st time in Nokia]

Nice Looking phone for this price
Colors Dynamic Gray, Jet Black, Magenta, Dark Blue, Snow White

Hot swappable external SIM slot (second SIM) WOW

Weight 74 g

microSD, up to 32GB

Speakerphone Yes

3.5 mm audio jack

MP3/WAV/AAC+ player

I was decided to go to market and buy 1 right now, untill i saw last line on gsmarena

Talk time Up to 4 h.... ????????????? [may b due to dual standby ]

just put plan on HOLD for now...............

Top Bottom