Download Windows 7 RC NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
1 year time na..
its enough..

nothing important i hve though..

my os is now really in a state is breaking down into pieces..

last few days the system is eratic..

ok could i upgrade from my current vista straightly ?

how big is W7 ?

and will all my documents be retained ?

how about software compatibility ?

and one more question guys .. i have 64 bit compatible cpu , shall i go for 64 bit ?

anyone had expirience on 64 bit ?

can i upgrade from 32 vista to 64 W7 ?

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
some bad news again for windows 7 as some intel chips dont support windows 7 xp mode.
this is the second major problem after the vbootkit 2.0 hacking of win7

as stated
small brouhaha is erupting over Windows 7 and Intel processors. The hubbub is centered on which Intel processors will not support "XP mode" in Windows 7 and, by extension, which PCs will not support XP mode. Retail laptops may be one of the most prominent segments affected.
ntel mobile processors may be the most problematic in supporting XP mode; not because of the raw numbers--most newer Intel mobile processors do, in fact, support Intel Virtualization Technology--but a disproportionate number of those that do not have VT (and therefore don't support XP mode) are laptops sold at retail. (And, undoubtedly, some small businesses purchase laptops at retail.)

In the Core 2 mobile camp, the P7350/7450, the T5200/5250/5270/5300/5450/5470 series, and the T6400/6570 do not support VT, according to Bott's blog. And this can be confirmed on Intel's Web site.

details can be read here
*news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10234073-64.html

i guess problem never stop in windows and never will

Last edited:
Desibond, please review Windows 7. Fast. Should I ditch Windows XP and go to Windows 7 ? Is it worth it ? Will I get the speed boost on my rig ?

And most importantly, HOW GOOD IS XP MODE ? I trust it can run all old apps well ?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Desibond, please review Windows 7. Fast. Should I ditch Windows XP and go to Windows 7 ? Is it worth it ? Will I get the speed boost on my rig ?

And most importantly, HOW GOOD IS XP MODE ? I trust it can run all old apps well ?
Whatever it may be, Windows XP is surely faster than Windows 7...It's just that Windows 7 is way faster than Windows Vista.

I installed Windows 7 and used it only for 30 minutes just to get the feel of it and then removed it.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
guys is it really worth.. ??
Ya it is
have anyone upgraded from vista ?
i upgraded my frnds lappy,he says that he really feals improvement in speed (with aero)

advice me for the best thing to do..

i have old windows 7 ( beta ) , is this ok or should i have to download a fresh RC ?
recon u 2 download fresh RC

how big is RC
Chec it now

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Guyz who all are wishing 2 leave XP i'll say this is the right time
Win 7 is great at performance compared with Vista but still say XP boots faster :D (whatever the benchmarks may be)
Although keeping in mind the trend ill recon u 2 shift to Win 7 for now(atleast install it)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Here's the direct link; just paste it into your download manager and download it at your own convenience:

*wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/down..._en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso

Thanks to techno_funky for this! :p

gkb375

Right off the assembly line
I am Gopal. New here. I have ASUS k6 motherboard, AMD 2400+ processor, 1.25 GB Ram.
Can I install, if installed where found drivers. Other software like Adobe Photoshop CS4, Corel draw X4 can I install???
Please help me friends.

x3060

A LOTR fan
you can install... drivers can be got from ati.com, nvidia.com...google search will get you your s/w.
and everything will work with win7.

vivekkanu

master spirit of the age
windows 7 is worth trying..!! much improvement over vista..!! ;-)

time to say bye to vista..!! today morning only i completed the download.. installed.. took abt 30 min... the boot screen is quite impressive...:idea:

waitin for the final release..!! :arrow:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Two screenshots from Windows 7 RC Mediacenter.

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/38214_lopme/wmc11.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/38216_rnifd/wmc14.jpg

Browse the folder for more. :)

Last edited:

Bandu

Journeyman
:( Couldn't install it on my older laptop (HP nc4000) - Intel Pentium M 1.5GHz, 1Gig of RAM, brand new Samsung 5400 RPM HDD.

First tried to install by booting off the DVD ROM drive with the Windows 7 DVD (BTW, I had burnt it at 16x). Does not go any further than the Windows flashing logo. Keeps flashing for hours together. Then installed XP and tried to run the setup from within XP. This time it got as far as "Extracting 98%". Waited 4 hours, but no progress.

Finally, back to XP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom