Download Windows 7 RC NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Finally, finally Microsoft has released the much awaited Windows 7 RC to public. No download limit, no speed limit, so download whenever and wherever you want.
Just goto following link and start downloading Windows 7 RC:
Download Windows 7 RC Build 7100
Alternate Link
The download is available in ISO format, so you'll need to burn the image.
Windows 7 RC will expire on March 1, 2010. At this time the system will reboot every two hours. The license of windows 7 RC will expire June 1, 2010.
You can either upgrade from a Windows Vista system, or do a custom (clean) installation of Windows 7 RC. Windows 7 Beta users will need to do a custom (clean) installation. Windows XP users will also need to do a custom (clean) installation.

Coming straight from the download page, here are Microsoft's notes for the release candidate:

You don't need to rush to get the RC. The RC will be available at least through July 2009 and we're not limiting the number of product keys, so you have plenty of time.

Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You'll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use. (Learn more about installing Windows.)

Protect your PC and data. Be sure to back up your data and please don't test the RC on your primary home or business PC.

Tech details/updates: Before installing the RC, please read the Release Notes and Things to Know for important information about the release.Keep up with the news. You can keep up with general technical information and news by following the team blog. And, you can get non-technical news, tips, and offers by subscribing to the monthly Exploring Windows newsletter.

Keep your PC updated: Be sure to turn on automatic updates in Windows Update in case we publish updates for the RC.

Installation: You can install the Windows 7 RC on a PC running Windows Vista without backing up the PC—but we encourage you to make a backup for safe keeping. If you're running Windows XP or the Windows 7 Beta, you'll need to backup your data, then do a clean installation of the RC, then reinstall your applications and restore your data. If you need to do a backup, please see How to back up your PC for more details and a suggestion for how to backup a PC running Windows 7 Beta or Windows Vista

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks.:-D
Why not digit provide it with next Months jumbo edition.
Who says no download limit and no speed limit.

ishanjain

Broken In
I started downloading it within a minute it was released...... Its only 25% till now....
I am really missing a high speed internet here....

@hot zubs
Believe me, you dont have to cross your fingers.... Windows 7 will stand to our expectations.... I already tried out the beta and it was awesome....

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks for clearingthat..

i was about to reply as same as gary4gar...

guys is it really worth.. ??

have anyone upgraded from vista ?

i am on dell 1530 laptop..

my vista is really starting to show signs of slowness , hangin.. symptoms of " years of usage " ....

advice me for the best thing to do..

i have old windows 7 ( beta ) , is this ok or should i have to download a fresh RC ?

how big is RC ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hiiiiii from Windows 7 RC

Damn, it is breathtakingly crisp and clear.

i would say, even win 7 beta is nothing before the clarity of windows 7 RC.

GO MICROSOFT!!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
update: for win7 beta, I had to install drivers for TV tuner card and this time, All the devices are detected and up and ready for use. :)

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Wow you a got very good desktop there. I think this OS will be potluck for Microsoft in the coming days.

How much space it has taken in your HDD? Did you tried the XP compatibility mode provided?

als2

Journeyman
to my surprise it is performing better than xp
will definitely get the final release

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
Damm i have started it last night and my 2 Mbps line is downloading it @50Kbps max.
I don't know there server it too slow..
as my other downloads go across 100Kbps!!

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
Damm i have started it last night and my 2 Mbps line is downloading it @50Kbps max.
I don't know there server it too slow..
as my other downloads go across 100Kbps!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I gave 30Gb for C: and it's 10Gb full right now.

size of "Windows" folder is around 7.4Gb.

Haven't tried XP compatibility mode yet. Will try tonight and let you know.

Overall, it is lot more polished and smother, got higher rating for hardware than that in beta. better driver support, mediacenter is stunning.

I am definitely going to buy the retail version on first day of release.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
naveen,

It's totally worthy to upgrade from Vista. But remember. you can only use this till March and after that you need to do a full reinstall of the operating system (after buying retail version).

Or you can wait till October and buy the retail version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom