Gigabyte GA 78
4gb ddr3 ram
Gigabyte 1gb DDR5 gfx card
DELL ST22 LED
1TB Seagate HDD
1.5TB WD Green
Corsair cx 430 v2

Seagate Go flex USB 3.0 1TB

Planning to purchase a router which can support USB..

Now I want to download using the router without turning ON PC or switch it off after setting up.. to save electricity cost...

Is it possible to do this?

There is an Asus router (don;t know the model number) which has both regular and torrent download support. It can download the files to storage device attached to it vis USB port. Let other members mention the model number. you can look at flipkart meanwhile.

Rajesh345

Youngling
How does it works actually, and also can files be downloaded through IDM?

1) with Asus n13u b1 you install DD-WRT [which is similar to Linux OS without GUI ]
2) With some basic commands you install Transmission [Transmission is a Torrent software like Utorrent - You can manage Transmission using Your Webbrowser , like you do with Utorrent Remote WebPage]

3) Using Web you can add Torrent Download

4)To transfer download from USB HDD/PenDrive to PC just type \\ROuterIP\FolderName , now just COPY paste

Note : in Asusn13ub1 you can Run pyload [HTTP/HTTPS/FTP download Manager - support sites like mediafire ]

Also you can Run Basic Web server , DDNS (so u can control using Mobile even if u dont have Public static IP)

How does it works actually, and also can files be downloaded through IDM?

IF PC is on , u can download using IDM or any , like you normally do

OP
soyab0007

soyab0007

In the zone
Will this router work for me
D-Link DSL-2520U ADSL2 Ethernet/USB Combo Router

D-Link DSL-2520U ADSL2 Ethernet/USB Combo Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

awesumkid

Right off the assembly line
Yes there is a an ASUS router for that. Yet that router has negative reviews like signal drop and etc etc. I would not take my chances.

awesumkid

Right off the assembly line
Yes there is an ASUS router for that purpose yet it has negative reviews like signal drop and etc. etc.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i also want to do same, but not sure which one to use, can anyone help me do i need modem router or just router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom