Who are you?

• Total voters

debarshi

Otaku
Aaarghh....A 670 mb update again..................

BTW, why do guides discourage us from using Sniper..? (there, ghouse is saying to avoid it as well, I've got 9-3-6 with Sniper)
Using good builds, Sniper is pretty useful carry and after 30 min, can be lethal...

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
Sniper is absoultely useless
his hp is way too less
one stun and one cleave from Centaur can confirm the kill anytime
with Sniper you have to survive for 30 mins against them (and i personally have my vengeance over those heroes such as sniper ,DR and huskar etc.,)
and you have to farm like hell and do join in ganks too

Piyush

Lanaya
Aaarghh....A 670 mb update again..................

BTW, why do guides discourage us from using Sniper..? (there, ghouse is saying to avoid it as well, I've got 9-3-6 with Sniper)
Using good builds, Sniper is pretty useful carry and after 30 min, can be lethal...

The reason Sniper is useless because he needs a lot of uninterrupted farm to get into flow. Also, none of his abilities can be counted as a team fight skill while Drow has her passive bonus damage for range heores, slow shots and an AoE silence, which makes her a better hero in all aspects. Sniper too have a AoE slow, but one can avoid it by mere common sense.

I personally found Sniper to be easier i got 6-6-4 in my first match with him while I got 5-7-4 with drow ranger and 4 kill were in the last when all my teammates were around... or probably it was just luck

Some more heroes you may try are
Venomancer
Crystal Maiden
Centaur Warrunner
Lion
Sand King
Vengeful Spirit
Sven (supportive role)

All the heroes I mentioned are support heroes by default . Venomancer, Vengeful Spirit and Sven can carry the game too (meaning with good items, you can actually be the damage dealer in team fight). Their main role is to help your allies survive the battle or make a team fight easier to your team. Thats why they are also known as "baby sitting" heroes as they help the carry heroes get their farm.

Also, take a look at this post *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/155817-dota-2-a-31.html#post1888364

Last edited:

Ramu56

Journeyman
Whats wrong with you all,why are you preserving that free green treasure thing ? I opened it and got Kunkka sword,i saw all of your profiles to know what you got but none of you opened it yet.Do it now and post it here please.

Have u guys updated your DOta 2 ? For me its 652 Mb update and i am sure my game was fully updated since this morning because i was playing it then...
I checked the changelog. There is some minor changes in UI, spectator mode features and support for XboX360 controler and Linux. No new heroes introduced. Here is the changelog
Code:
UI
- Made hero loadout model preview bigger in the main menu.
- Added practice lobby button to swap Radiant and Dire teams.
- Limited number of selectable matchmaking regions to six.
- New users are able to watch live games before completing the tutorials.
- Wins and level are now hidden for players that aren't friends and don't have 'Share Match History' in the options enabled
- Fixed keybindings not being saved properly for Xbox controllers
- Added Dire courier icons to minimap for Spectators
- Fixed a crash when selecting all units while spectating
- Fixed dota_embers convar value being forgotten when the game is restarted
- Spectators can select wards to see their vision or truesight radius.
- Added Xbox controller support for Dota TV
Left / right bumper = Cycle back or forward through the heroes on the field
Start button = Pause (Replay only)
Back button = Rewind (Replay only)
D-Pad up / down = Cycle through stats dropdown menu
D-Pad left / right = Slow down or speed up replay speed
Y button = Show gold graph
X button = Show XP graph
B button = Dismiss open graphs, reset playback speed, revert camera to previous mode (after cycling heroes)

MATCHMAKING
- Reduced average wait time and reduced incidence of extremely long wait times

INTERNATIONAL COMPENDIUM
- Added further explanation of International Fantasy Challenge rules.
- Exposed the roles of players in International Fantasy Challenge Bench slots.
- Completing the creation of an International Fantasy Challenge team now grants you the Mammoth mount for your Smeevil.
- Completing all the Main Event Predictions now grants you the Bird mount for your Smeevil.

MAC/LINUX
- Made the chat wheel work
- Added intro movie for new users, fixed black screen displaying for new users
- Fixed bugs with some tooltips missing text on what abilities do
- Fixed outline color of target units to match what Windows shows
- Fixed some rendering issues
- Fixed some crashes
- A variety of performance improvements
- Fixes to audio (silence, crashes)
- Mac: More robust mouse grab
- Mac: Allow setting "Unit Speech" to "All" in audio settings.
- Linux: Fixed hang when pasting from the clipboard under certain conditions

AUDIO
- Fixed some issues with base attack sound modifier (e.g. Tiny's Scepter attacks)
- Adjusted limits on Chen ult target sounds

GAMEPLAY
- Tusk: Fixed minor inaccuracies with his Base Strength, Attack Animation and Turn Rate
- Meepo: Fixed Geostrike not affecting units like Spirit Bear
- Morphling: Fixed being the Replicate illusion buff icon being visible to enemy players
- Morphling: Fixed being unable to control the first Juxtapose illusion created by your Phantom Lancer Replicate
- Shadow Demon: Fixed Demonic Purge killing summoned units like Warlock's Golem
- Shadow Demon: Fixed Shadow Poison damage release not having a cast point
- Fixed a minor inaccuracy with Meepo and Ogre Magi's base armor

Do you think this warrants an update which is 1/6th of the entire game's size ? Or is it that it is supposed to be few Mbs of download and my game is kinda messed up ?

Piyush

Lanaya
Have u guys updated your DOta 2 ? For me its 652 Mb update and i am sure my game was fully updated since this morning because i was playing it then...
I checked the changelog. There is some minor changes in UI, spectator mode features and support for XboX360 controler and Linux. No new heroes introduced. Here is the changelog

Do you think this warrants an update which is 1/6th of the entire game's size ? Or is it that it is supposed to be few Mbs of download and my game is kinda messed up ?

Its normal

a friend of mine finished his update and he played a couple of matches. When i asked him what difference he saw.. he said-
"ummm different loadscreen thats all ". WTF
Anywys gnna leave it for update overnight..

Piyush

Lanaya
a friend of mine finished his update and he played a couple of matches. When i asked him what difference he saw.. he said-
"ummm different loadscreen thats all ". WTF
Anywys gnna leave it for update overnight..

actually, 19 new sets have been added apart from other fixes and all
thats why

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
Which server do you guys play on .. and how to connect to that ???
Select SEA server only ...select region->click on SE Asia->save settings
resaons for not selecting other than SEA
1)More Russians that 90% of them tries to communicate with me with their own language..
2)most other region players have headphone and they are always speaking instead of chatting
(not be a problem but some of the voices gonna be unclear)

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Select SEA server only ...select region->click on SE Asia->save settings
resaons for not selecting other than SEA
1)More Russians that 90% of them tries to communicate with me with their own language..
2)most other region players have headphone and they are always speaking instead of chatting
(not be a problem but some of the voices gonna be unclear)

3)Other servers you find noobs :)

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
^^I consider my self a noob in DOTA .. will definately check the SEA servers ..

Btw this is my speedtest result, would I get good pings with this or would it be luck Speedtest.net - My Results

Top Bottom