Does HD 7750 require less power than HD 6670?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can OC yours to save that 1k and feel like you have the OCed version ;) but just saw that HD7770 is available at 8.6K - just mentioning so if you can get this by any chance:D

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Mm, I got it for way cheap lol ;p. Woah rates are jumped up quite a bit! HD 7770 was avaiable for about 7.3k(Gigabyte) not so long ago.

topgear what about this? GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD (rev. 1.0) AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition HD Experience Series Graphic Card

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Mm, I got it for way cheap lol ;p. Woah rates are jumped up quite a bit! HD 7770 was avaiable for about 7.3k(Gigabyte) not so long ago.

topgear what about this? GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD (rev. 1.0) AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition HD Experience Series Graphic Card

Hmm... But i don't think that extra some mhz will make a huge difference to me as i am going to play on a 720 p LCD. :D

Also the site you mention i never heard of that. I trust fk so far.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Hmm... But i don't think that extra some mhz will make a huge difference to me as i am going to play on a 720 p LCD. :D

It's HD7770 not HD 7750. And it's for 7.7k I think you should definitely grab that deal. And SMC Int'l is very trustable site AFAIK.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

smc international is one of the very trusted shops online and offline

Yeah i was talking about your 7750 oc ver..
I already ordered 7750 so no for 7770. :)

congrats for the order and start gaming after getting hands on it;-)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
smc international is one of the very trusted shops online and offline

congrats for the order and start gaming after getting hands on it;-)

thanks mate.
My friend has i7 3370k + GT 650ti + SSd = bad GTA 4 performance... lol ..how my 7750 will gonna handle gta 4 god knows... :)

Also above smc sute shows 7770 Availability: Out Of Stock so that must be old price...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't blame on the hardware your friend has - GTA 4 was poorly optimized for pc but with latter patches it fixed it to some extent so make sure to patch the game to the most recent version and here's the eal on HD7770 : Link

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
don't blame on the hardware your friend has - GTA 4 was poorly optimized for pc but with latter patches it fixed it to some extent so make sure to patch the game to the most recent version and here's the eal on HD7770 : Link

yup I know that gta 4 was a bad port... but friend didn't, he said he started to doubting his i7 & gpu... lol
I also told him the same.

& the 7770 that u gave is for 8.6 k... 1.6k more than my 7750.... hmmm

Nighthawk12

In the zone
thanks mate.
My friend has i7 3370k + GT 650ti + SSd = bad GTA 4 performance... lol ..how my 7750 will gonna handle gta 4 god knows... :)

Also above smc sute shows 7770 Availability: Out Of Stock so that must be old price...

How is that possible lol? My pc played it with 60 fps at almost ultra settings at 720p. And benchmark showed that 63~ avg.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Got my graphics card.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/graphic-cards/12155d1379062711-does-hd-7750-require-less-power-than-hd-6670-uploadfromtaptalk1379062708571.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/graphic-cards/12154d1379062701-does-hd-7750-require-less-power-than-hd-6670-uploadfromtaptalk1379062694644.jpg

Last edited:

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Lol I remember same happened, I bought Corsair 4gb ddr3 ram for 1699 after 2 hour I placed the order it price went up to 2399.
Anyway congrats. Tell us the performance(Is it worth your expectations or no)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats RohanM :D and it's FK's standard policy anyway, even I want to know how well GTA 4 is running - laggy like running on a stone land or buttery smooth ? ;)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Congrats RohanM :D and it's FK's standard policy anyway, even I want to know how well GTA 4 is running - laggy like running on a stone land or buttery smooth ? ;)

I have not installed the card yet. But gta 4 I have completed twice on my gt 9400 ones with pentium 4 and later with quad. Some settings to to medium and other to low.
So with 7750 it should run good. :)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Ok guys, just installed this card & believe me played GTA 4 on Full High settings, so smooth... Also other games working like charm.. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
great ;) but I can see you have great passion [ and patience ] - otherwise simply playing GTA 4 on a 9400GT+P4 combo is simply unimaginable.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
great ;) but I can see you have great passion [ and patience ] - otherwise simply playing GTA 4 on a 9400GT+P4 combo is simply unimaginable.

yeah, I am a huge fan of GTA series.. P4+GT9400 I played everything on low & used "contig" file tweak.. played whole game & completed it ...:wink:

I upgraded to Q8300 just for GtA 4..& now HD7750... Other games are also running like a charm... All COD series & MW2 also.. :)

Top Bottom