Does HD 7750 require less power than HD 6670?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I just researched & found that my currunt GT 9400 is taking 50 w & HD 7750 will also take only 55 W
So Now please tell me only for extra 5 W do i really need to upgrade PSU ??

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
7750 doesnt require any aditional power and can run with the power supplied by the PCI-e slot so no there is no reason for you to upgrade your PSU :)

Although its recommended as its a cheap one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just researched & found that my currunt GT 9400 is taking 50 w & HD 7750 will also take only 55 W
So Now please tell me only for extra 5 W do i really need to upgrade PSU ??

that's TDP not actual power consumption ;) the gpu actually needs ~43w under heavy load and 9400GT needs ~29w.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
that's TDP not actual power consumption ;) the gpu actually needs ~43w under heavy load and 9400GT needs ~29w.

Hey, I have posted my psu's pic in last page, please have a look & comment, should i need to upgrade ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
theoretically the psu should be able to handle HD7750 but as it's an old psu do keep in mind that average wear and tear [ component degradation over time ] makes psus less capable compared to a fresh unit .. someone I know ran into trouble when he added a new HD7850 to his system [ the psu was vx550 - 5 years old ]. The psu ran fine with 6800GS but HD7850 was not possible even though both have only around ~30-40W difference.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
My 250W PSU is handling HD 7750OC Gigabyte pretty well since 11 months. It's a stock PSU given by HCL. So I dun think there is a need for buying a new PSU. It runs on very low power I guess almost same as 9500gt(Mine old one)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
theoretically the psu should be able to handle HD7750 but as it's an old psu do keep in mind that average wear and tear [ component degradation over time ] makes psus less capable compared to a fresh unit .. someone I know ran into trouble when he added a new HD7850 to his system [ the psu was vx550 - 5 years old ]. The psu ran fine with 6800GS but HD7850 was not possible even though both have only around ~30-40W difference.
This is it. The perfect clarification.

@RohanM,buddy it's your money,your choice.
But again study topgear's advice,and buy a good PSU from CORSAIR or Seasonic or Antech or Gigabyte .... with a wattage of 450W~500W and it will be FUTURE PROOF as ever.
You won't repent Friend.

Your call.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^ Finally what I wanted to know & found it on flipkart review..

" SPEECHLESS !!!!
Got this card at my doorsteps in just under 50 hrs. That must some kind of a record . The packaging was like something that can be send to a war zone but still the product in the box will remain unharmed.

The graphics card is great the best you can buy in this budget . On top of that I got 650 Rs Cashback . This card costed only 7414 Rs . This card can run on cheap or local 500 W PSU . Mine running on 500W INTEX PSU that came with the cabinet .
."

So ordering now... :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
did the reviewer also mention his entire pc config like which cpu and how many hdd, fans he is using with that psu, how old is his psu and you will find at-least 2-3 different intex 450/500w psu witg different amp ratings :D anyway, congratulations on your purchase.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
I can assure you it will run with ease. Like I said earlier I've used HD 7750 with Intel e2140 with a 250W PSU came with HCL for nearly a year it didn't gave me any problems whatsoever. This card require very less power I mean it's Power consumption is almost same as 9500gt if not less.

Well what are the prices of a HD 7750 nowdays? I bought it on Octuber last year for about 6700(Gigabyte Overclocked edition.)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I can assure you it will run with ease. Like I said earlier I've used HD 7750 with Intel e2140 with a 250W PSU came with HCL for nearly a year it didn't gave me any problems whatsoever. This card require very less power I mean it's Power consumption is almost same as 9500gt if not less.

Well what are the prices of a HD 7750 nowdays? I bought it on Octuber last year for about 6700(Gigabyte Overclocked edition.)

Now it's for 7k :(

ok guys so I finally ordered
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Now many people are saying that I should change the PSU also, So plz suggest a good one atleast 450 w under 2.5k...
I have these 2 in mind...
1] Cooler Master Thunder 450W 450 Watts PSU

2] Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Now it's for 7k :(

ok guys so I finally ordered
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Now many people are saying that I should change the PSU also, So plz suggest a good one atleast 450 w under 2.5k...
I have these 2 in mind...
1] Cooler Master Thunder 450W 450 Watts PSU

2] Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU

Corsair VS450
I have it and TBH it hasn't given me any problems as yet :)
(Specs in my sig)

Also the local prices are cheaper than FK ;)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
antec vp450p is much better. Dont go for cm thunder series or corsair vs series. atleast get antec vp450p by increasing your budget a little.it is worth and dont forget, psu is the heart of a system. If it is not good, none of the components function well.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
By the way guys how is 7750 that i ordered?? For my 720 p monitor??
+1 for your order. Go ahead and GAME easily,at least in mid settings.
A very GOOD card.

antec vp450p is much better. Dont go for cm thunder series or corsair vs series. atleast get antec vp450p by increasing your budget a little.it is worth and dont forget, psu is the heart of a system. If it is not good, none of the components function well.
+1 for this comment by @rijinpk1.
Friend RohanM buy the PSU with your judgement.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
+1 for your order. Go ahead and GAME easily,at least in mid settings.
A very GOOD card.

+1 for this comment by @rijinpk1.
Friend RohanM buy the PSU with your judgement.

Thanks. Antek psu is for 3k on flipkart.... Too much... Have to check locally... But these local dealers are dumb.... :D

Nighthawk12

In the zone
By the way guys how is 7750 that i ordered?? For my 720 p monitor??

Well I have a HD 7750 paired with an i5 3470. It's pretty good considering how cheap it is.
My pc ran GTA 4 at you say ultra at 720p resolution with average 63 fps~(Benchmark) Haven;t played it much hardly one mission.
BF3 was about 50-55fps MAX at 720p (Ultra) but on some maps where it was crowded and **** fps would go down to 30-35.
Hitman absolution was about 23-25 and 30 at max at ultra settings 720p. (But sometimes it could go as low as 17-20)
Sleeping dogs was 55fps~avg at high and 30-35 at extreme.
Fifa 13 60fps mostly.

It's performance is considerably very good by looking at it's price. But mine is factory overclocked version. It's clocked 80mhz more than the sapphire's version you;'ve ordered. So there will be about 2-3 percent diff I'd say? dunno tho.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Well I have a HD 7750 paired with an i5 3470. It's pretty good considering how cheap it is.
My pc ran GTA 4 at you say ultra at 720p resolution with average 63 fps~(Benchmark) Haven;t played it much hardly one mission.
BF3 was about 50-55fps MAX at 720p (Ultra) but on some maps where it was crowded and **** fps would go down to 30-35.
Hitman absolution was about 23-25 and 30 at max at ultra settings 720p. (But sometimes it could go as low as 17-20)
Sleeping dogs was 55fps~avg at high and 30-35 at extreme.
Fifa 13 60fps mostly.

It's performance is considerably very good by looking at it's price. But mine is factory overclocked version. It's clocked 80mhz more than the sapphire's version you;'ve ordered. So there will be about 2-3 percent diff I'd say? dunno tho.

GTA 4 will now run at good high settings... yuppi...
I saw the OC ver also but it's for Rs. 8109... 1k more... so opted for regular 7750. :)

Top Bottom