Does HD 7750 require less power than HD 6670?

prateek

Broken In
I read that somewhere that HD 7750 is faster than HD 6670 and consumes even less power. Is that true?
I ordered a Saphhire Hd 6670 1Gb DDR5 from Flipkart and it was a defected piece so i sent mailed them and they asked for refund as replacement was not possible and the card went out of stock with them. (My previous post)
So now the problem is that the refund money is in my account wallet (online) but not as cash. I can only use that money for anything purchased from 'WS Retail' seller on flipkart. Now the same card is not available with them and i cannot go anywhere else either to get that. The only choice left with me is to increase my budget and get a HD 7750.
Now i want to ask you if HD 7750 will work if the previous card worked well? (without an upgrade to my PSU?) 'coz if i go for an upgraded GPU, I won't be able to purchase new PSU. Min System requirements of HD 7750 shows 450W whereas 6670 required just 450W.
I have HYTECH HT 450W-P4 PSU.

Or can you please get me a better deal than this from WS Retail? :cry:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
7750 indeed consume lesser power than 6670 but your current psu is crap.start saving money & at least buy a corsair VS-450 for ~2200-2300 as soon as possible & in the meantime don't overclock/exert your processor much(especially if its quad core) while gaming.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Go for HD 7750. Performs much better than HD 6670 and also consumes less power.
It would have been better if you could have asked them for refund coz snapdeal has better pricing than flipkart for many items.

OP
P

prateek

Broken In
7750 indeed consume lesser power than 6670 but your current psu is crap.start saving money & at least buy a corsair VS-450 for ~2200-2300 as soon as possible & in the meantime don't overclock/exert your processor much(especially if its quad core) while gaming.

hey should i buy again a 450W as an upgrade? should i not save for a 500W psu or more? or will that suffice as being of good quality?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even a branded 350W PSU like Antec VP-350 would be fine for your rig with HD 7750. The earlier you get a new one the better it is for you.

OP
P

prateek

Broken In
Even a branded 350W PSU like Antec VP-350 would be fine for your rig with HD 7750. The earlier you get a new one the better it is for you.

Okay thanks buddy :) i will surely go for it as soon as i can. but as for now, will my psu be able to handle my card without effecting it?

And @all is this a good deal to go for? MSI R7750-PMD1GD5/OC AMD or any other good deal available at any other store?

OP
P

prateek

Broken In

Hey okay now my dad allowed me to get a psu upgrade as well along with the gpu. Now finally tell me the best psu under 3k for me. And also please tell me which is the best brand for psu's at this price tag?

rst

Youngling
Yeah,7750 takes less power than 6670
Also its is better than 6670

I have 450W local psu
my 7750 graphic card is working smoothly with it

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I think you would be fine with your psu as HD 7750 hardly consumes 45 W and total system consumption might be less than 150W from wall. If it's true your ordinary psu will easily last you for 1 year with some adverse effects.

btw, What's you computer config ?

OP
P

prateek

Broken In
Quality wise indeed.

So what you say about Seasonic S12II 430W PSU? Would be more efficient than these Corsair and Antec one?

I think you would be fine with your psu as HD 7750 hardly consumes 45 W and total system consumption might be less than 150W from wall. If it's true your ordinary psu will easily last you for 1 year with some adverse effects.

btw, What's you computer config ?

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 1.6Ghz
PCCHIPS P17G board
SAMSUNG HD161HJ HDD SATA
WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B0 HDD SATA
2*1GB Ram
Philips DVD Writer)
5 LED fans + some LED strips along the case (still to install)
MSI R7750-PMD1GD5/OC GPU (planned to purchase)

OP
P

prateek

Broken In
among three the seasonic unit has the best efficiency.

Last question (still so confused) Seasonic has 430W Power and good quality but the Antec one is 450W but a bit of low quality. Now Which to prefer for my system Power or quality? If someday i go for my board and processor upgrade then which would be reliable for me (then same PSU should work for me)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Seasonic.. eyes closed:))

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-S12II-Bronze-430-W-Power-Supply-Review/1590/9

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-VP450-Power-Supply-Review/1487/9

Although Antec can resist upto 550W but efficiency nosedives..
Seasonic one provides upto 500W @ 82.7% efficiency which is great bt I would recommend never to overload PSU

Top Bottom