Do you use technology to help you with your studies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staticsid

Team Digit
Digit is looking at getting insights from students who use tech in studies. Reply to this post and tell us in what way you use tech to help with your studies...

nashpd

Team Digit
Let us know how you use technology to prepare for examinations. Do you find it distractive or you are better off online or using a software to prepare better?

hot zubs

live life king like...
i use Wikipedia n Google a lot to refer my topics...
i read e-books to get deeper into a subject...
i use my mobile dictionary to refer some rough words...
i use Google translator sometimes...
i even use Google SMS search whn i'm on d move to get some info...
i use my mobile camera to take a snap of my notes or notice board info...
i sometimes use my mobile phone to copy in exams whn i'm not prepared for it :D
n n n many more...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^can you give examples of course work or particular projects and how each resource helped you?
Others join in please.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^can you give examples of course work or particular projects and how each resource helped you?
Others join in please.

onlyabhi

Blue Knight
i use Wikipedia n Google a lot to refer my topics...
i read e-books to get deeper into a subject...
i use my mobile dictionary to refer some rough words...
i use Google translator sometimes...
i even use Google SMS search whn i'm on d move to get some info...
i use my mobile camera to take a snap of my notes or notice board info...
i sometimes use my mobile phone to copy in exams whn i'm not prepared for it :D
n n n many more...

ya.. this is what we all do..

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i am in class X. we got projects in our summer holidays.
for SST and maths projects i used powerpoint 2007
for SST all research was done on the net using google but for maths everything was in the book
we got an html project. i made it on "search engines" and mine was the most discussed between teachers and students:grin::grin:

apart from the projects i use the net for additional information about several concepts. google is the most reliable source:)

hot zubs

live life king like...
Others join in please.

I use Wikipedia n Google a lot to refer my topics:
I'm in ma final yr of BCA were v r given a lot of problems in maths n a lot of questions to b solved on a weekly basis were d ans r too lengthy n r very though to find in that huge huge books which r like 400-600 pages long in our library, which i totally dislike carrying it to my home n turning d pages for d whole night... so the best thing to do is just Google it or our very favorite Wikipedia wil surely have d ans...

I read e-books to get deeper into a subject:
In our final yr i hav to make a web page by our self, there wil b no classes conducted by d lecturers on HTML or anything, the lecturers wil jus solve any query if u hav thats it... Many of ma classmates went to HTML classes to learn it but i jus read a very easy E-book on HTML with CSS XHTML n i almost completed ma web page...

I use my mobile dictionary to refer some tough words:
I'm really bad in ma spelling from ma childhood, i make a hell lot of spelling mistakes while typing or even while writing notes or nything... so always use Mobile dictionary software in ma cell phone n also on ma comp...

I use Google translator sometimes:
Eg- Digit CTC irish rulez :D

Mobile phone:
The best n easiest way to carry any info is to take snap shot of it from ur phone n view it in ur comp... i use it a lot to complete ma notes, were there wil b a situation like v students wil hav to submit d notes given by our lecturers tomo n v even hav our exams tomo, in this situation our very own friends wil hav to study from it so they wil not giv it by any chance... so d best thing is to take a snap shot of it n view it in ur comp... as simple as possible :)

i hav not wrighten any of my class routine in my whole 3 ys degree's process i hav always been carrying it on my phone itself...

all those chits system for copying is antiquity now, so now students use there mobile phones, iphones for clearer view, easy to use n d zooming thing with der fingers :D There r also students hu use that small CDs to carry the programs in it for there practical exams :D

I even use mobile phone to swith slides while presentation in our class...

and i also use voice recorder sometimes to record some important lectures...

n n n n still der z hell lot of technology involved in our daily, were v can wright a book on it...

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes.
I use search-engines such as Google and Yahoo! for my projects.
I attend online tutoring (planettutor.in).I get expert advice from highly qualified tutors at the comfort of my home.The technology is fantastic.With video,audio conferencing and a whiteboard its simply great.Secondly, online tutoring saves my time and efforts travelling to coaching institutes.I use a graphic tablet so that its easier to write on the whiteboard.Its as if the teacher is sitting right beside me. :)
Wikipedia,answers.com , Britannica etc provide great resources for students.

Secondly,with faster internet speeds and bandwidth,Internet is like a Genie indeed.

nashpd

Team Digit
Any engineering students or those preparing for IIT entrance can share any relevant web site or software?

imrank.0011

Right off the assembly line
sir,
I would like if you could start a little student section in your magazine with 2 to 3 pages devoted to it and try to take workshop in various colleges.if it is possible then try to give fasttrack on subjects related to curriculum

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

sir,
i m engineering student and i want fast track on Networking/artificial intelligence...so plz provide it with your upcoming issues...

i would also like if you could suggest books on particular topics and it would be more good if you could provide the link to buy them...

my email id: imrank.0011@gmail.com

priyu

Exams Exams Exams AGAIN
Any engineering students or those preparing for IIT entrance can share any relevant web site or software?
I'm trying for iit and the sites fall into 2 main categories.
a)Some big name iit focussed company.
eg.www.fiitjee.com
These are useful only if you're enrolled as a student.I am enrolled,so i get benefits like performance reports,test series,distance learning programs,etc.
b)All other sites
Eg.wolfram mathworld
These sites are useful as a subject resource,not only iit focussed but to enjoy the subject.
Also,some books offer cd's of iit related software.(eg.rachna sagar iit mathematics).this specific software allows me to take topicwise tests,full portion tests,mixed tests as well as tests on various question types(iit has 5-6 different question types like single option correct,multiple answers correct,matrix match,numericals,comprehensions,etc).also,there are various so called iit related sites on the net(google iitjee and see the results)but not all are useful.so,it's prudent to visit the right sites as all other sites are time wasting and eat up our time.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Since we're on the topic,knowing tech also helps a lot in interviews and stuff.I had my kvpy interview last month.it's for admissions to iiser's all over the country.so, when i said i was interested in computers,they gave me a choice of physics questions or computer related ones.i chose computer.then they asked me how flash drives differ from hard disks,what's diff between CD and DVD,some binary to decimal and hexadecimal conversions,etc.Also,in my 9th mts interview,i was asked to explain how computers work by drawing a block diagram.so,if you are proficient,you can bend the interviewers to ask you abt tech and then use your knowledge.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I'm trying to use a technology forum to help with my studies, please guys help me out, HERE

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1209509#post1209509

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
I have used technology only to screw my studies. Truly.

True that. I am also like this. At home I just keep on playing games, or keep on surfing and blogging. So basically just wasting my time.

But I also sometimes try to learn programming languages by using sites like w3schools. I also do practicals for my BCA, e.g. learning shell script in linux. And I dont have any other gadgets other than my PC. (I have mobile, but I dont like to surf in such a small screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom