Do you think excessive video gaming is affecting the health of the gamers?

Agreed with Anorion. Gaming, is just a part of the whole-picture. Your posture while you are working with the pc can really mess you up if not careful.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Don't know if excessive video gaming affects the health of the gamer, but it sure proved detrimental to my grades in college :|

samudragupta

Youngling
im so f***ing addicted to gaming that its indeed harming my social life :( i game on the pc and also on my ipod... damm no girlfriend, not in touch with old mates....life sux

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Indian Gaming industry is booming. But there are a lot of side effects associated with gaming, like eye-strain and headache. A few companies have launched high tech eye wears to protect gamers from such side effects. Do you think gaming eyewear could be the solution to such health related problems?

the answer to your question is what tech_boy already said ("excess of anything is not good").
as per my experience, if one also engages well in other activities, like exercise/sports, outdoor work, some work requiring concentration, studies, etc., then automatically he starts spending lesser time towards gaming, as well his focus too shifts away from it.

Alok

Adventurer
When you have a big collection of shortcuts on your desktop , after one month you'll automatically get bored of gaming and will shift to another activities. Playing from last 32 days ,now i'm not enjoying it as much.
Novels and Football are my best friends to regenerate joy energy.

We cannot tell you.

so what do you name your species>
cat+human= ?
;-)
(Eg. Wolf+human=Lycane)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^werecat?
When you start taking gamin seriously (or play excessively) you have to ask these kinds of questions
Even for football noobs are liable to tear a muscle, fracture a limb, then cant play seriously after that coz of injuries
Some kinds of ache shows up only after a few weeks of strain, sit on a console for a couple of weeks and your hands turn radioactive - too painful to move any of the fingers, if everything else is taken care of, your hands will be the first to give

axes2t2

I am a cat
When you have a big collection of shortcuts on your desktop , after one month you'll automatically get bored of gaming and will shift to another activities. Playing from last 32 days ,now i'm not enjoying it as much.
Novels and Football are my best friends to regenerate joy energy.

so what do you name your species>
cat+human= ?
;-)
(Eg. Wolf+human=Lycane)

just catman and cat woman.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Here's some volatile stuff about how gaming affects social life. A testimony of a compulsive EverQuest gamer. This guy played EverQuest even when his girlfriend, undressed, begs him to join her.

I Kept Playing — The Costs Of My Gaming Addiction

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Couple Let Their Baby Starve To Death While Nurturing A Virtual Child - The Next Web

another link with a crucial detail, they had named their virtual kid, but not their real one *www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews...-to-death-while-caring-for-virtual-child.html

its like a holodeck

Top Bottom