Do You Get Pissed Off At Others' Ignorance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
@rohan_shenoy I totally concur to what you mean, to those people who pose as if they knew everything when in reality, they know squat.

but,
We are expected to learn certain minimum things within a particular stipulated time. Aren't we?
is not true. He had learnt, just not adequate. Nobody has mastered anything. We are relatively better. If you can help, great. If not, its better to step aside. I am sorry if my points of view are confronting to yours. But to me, as far as one learns or one has the urge to learn, I care about nothing, I don't judge him or his learning curve. To me attaining knowledge means everything.

another experience
1. my friend (unfortunately a sardar) asked me to write vice city into a lens cleaner CD.
2. the same friend asked me to write vice city in a full CD and i said the CD was full he told to erase the data because it was a REcordable CD
Ha ha.. now this is funny... certainly makes up for a modern-day-geeky joke on Sardars... :D no offense meant.

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Ok Guys, I refrained from posting this earlier but can contain myself no longer. Check out this thread :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81209

ROFL!

And it doesn't end there, pritish actually sent me a PM [twice] asking me where he could get the materials required!!!!

That is the peak of ignorance.

legolas

Padawan
Ok Guys, I refrained from posting this earlier but can contain myself no longer. Check out this thread :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81209

ROFL!

And it doesn't end there, pritish actually sent me a PM [twice] asking me where he could get the materials required!!!!

That is the peak of ignorance.

Ha ha.. either he is making fun of us or he is really that ignorant... you see Ignorance is Bliss

:D :lol:

If you read it carefully, I didn't say that one should know all, but certain minimum things.

Yeap, I understand what you mean. But you really cant blame them you know... Education also has its impact. I am from Tamilnadu. In spite of the fact that we study in English medium, no one speaks in English. That is exactly why most of them are good at Grammar but not in speaking. When I made an attempt to speak in English with my friends, they mocked me!! :lol: believe it or not. They used to call me Peter of English I nixed aside by assuming their ridiculing as only a measure of incompetency. But not all are like that. Most of us try to shun from criticism because of social insecurity. I would be glad he has gotten out of his nest and had made an attempt to speak now at least!! Again, these are purely my point of views based on my assumptions, I really don't know a thing about what actually happened with your friend, whether he is upright or uptight or outspoken or he has faced these...

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
My friends think that installing an antivirus once is a all-in-one solution for every viruses that they get. They never care to update them. Most of them don't know what "updating virus definitions" means. And when they get these terrible viruses clouded up in their PCs, they blame me, saying that I have not given them a "GOOD" Antivirus like "Norton"(I would always install Kaspersky). This pisses me of most of the times.

Another one is the Desktop refresh thing, on which I have created a thread here. Some of my friends refresh for about 10-20 times and then keeps the F5 pressed for around 5 seconds inorder to "free" the system.:p

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Me: Bhai (brother) why is my net so slow today? my download speed is barely anything, its not even 2 kbps

ISP: Antivirus daalo sab theek hojata (Install an Antivirus and everything will be ok)

WTBF!!!

::cyborg::

In the zone
written by legolas
Ha ha.. now this is funny... certainly makes up for a modern-day-geeky joke on Sardars... no offense meant.

what is this legolas i don't like that

why joke on us

if u want to joke come to our community and then only u will realize the power of a sikh guy

i dont know why modz and admins sleep when such things happen

plz make sure u dont talk any thing disrespectful abt sikhs plz

I DONT LIKE THAT

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
I am extremely sorry even though I meant it casually without intending to harm anyone, and also meant no offense in the post.
Also, I find it particularly confusing why you weren't offended by the original poster 1. my friend (unfortunately a sardar) asked me to write vice city into a lens cleaner CD.

Still, I am sorry for offending, if it offended you. I take it back.

legolas

Padawan
^ I think you already pointed me that and I apologized. If you want, I can apologize again. I am sorry I offended you.

Last edited:

In the zone
any way i dont what people think when they talk such rubbish abt sikhs

are they insane or they think we are mad with no brains :|

man go to ur history and see who saved the hindus community from extincting

i did'nt meant u particularly i mean to u both girish included and to every one in this forum who talks disrespects abt sikhs

legolas

Padawan
It will be much better if you edit the post and remove the word. Thank you.

I would have if we had discussed it privately and the replies dint contain them. Now there are many replies with quote and complaints. It would be illogical to remove it. Besides, if you read it carefully, I started with an if... which would only hold true if you accepted to all the arguments I made.

In the zone
yes rohan u r right . even that fight fought was to save the hindu womens from mughals time was chosen 12 o clock at night as night is the best time for attack on enemy

atleast some one knows and respects

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
in my list there r many but all have learnt slowly as i chat with most of guys . nowdays they r all addicted to orkut crapping (ugh .. scrapping sorry ) . i always told them orkut is bad , i hate orkut like that but nobody agrees . they have competetions on who has more number of friends , scraps like that . (pause ) [offtopic ] i got this message just now "You have temporarily been disallowed from performing this action. Please try again after some time." from orkut when i was rejecting a Crap testmonial . [/offtopic] (resume) even crap things popular in noobs are that things like pass this to next 5 people in 2 mins like that . bah , i just delete them . i am wannabe geek type . i will be always on a computer if there is any computers in 100 m around me . in my class 100 mbps , 2mbps , iPod like n00bs are also there . and the most irritating part the girls in my class are totally ignorent about technology. i can even hack their password so easily just by using social engg. :( i wanted to do it hard way. ) 1 more funny thing many make orkut id WITHOUT ENVEN MAKING EMAIL ID . they just make orkut id . ok leave orkut . some of them dont even know PDU format of SMS . many dont know netBIOS hacking they just use phishing tecnique to get password . that too phishing page made by me. will post more

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@Legolas: I know you only said what you said in a very casual manner, but if it hurts other people, we should apologize and take it back. Like you did :)

@rohan: AFAIK, you are a teacher! And from the posts i see, you are an impatient and irritable person.. Two characteristics which should be absent from a teacher's personality :p (Again, i meant it casually.. Please dont mind it :) )

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Oww Cool it guyz, legolas, rohan.

There is a fact that despite being two separate religions both Hinduism and Sikhism have a very special relationship. One which has never existed and may never exist in any two other religions. Not only at religious level but at social level.

@maxdemon
Totally agree with Orkut part but not with the girls part. While I have met girls who are technologically ignorant, I have also friends who are girls (not girlfriends, mind you, I take special precaution to for technologically ignorant GF ) and are seriously aware of tech stuff.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IMO , Calling every friggin mp3 player an iPod might be technically incorrect,
but then again it's only because its so popular.
How many of you say you got a paper "copied" and not "xeroxed".
I always try to tell this to people. Funny thing I remember from my college is seeing, "Canon Xerox".
But, I can understand people calling items by popular brands, so don't get pissed at these people.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Lol! When did i say im against the teaching profession? :p I appreciate all teachers. Though have to admit with most of what you said :)

legolas

Padawan
@rohan_shenoy, do you really justify your reasoning being a teacher? please don't be mad at me. but, it seems to me you will only teach to those who learn it the first time you teach. If they are not up to your expectations, then you get irritated. Its not fair to those who are willing to learn but relatively slow on the pick up. even if they are ignorant, like say the other incidents many people have mentioned, it doesn't involve a active and passionate role of a teacher. Teaching is not only about educating. As a role of a teacher, I would say, your arguments are morally wrong.

I understand what you say otherwise. And a personal question, you are entitled to say a no for sure! Do you get paid?? ( I know you do it because it gives you a sense of satisfaction, but still)

@anyone who this concerns: stop insulting religions. Don't dirty my thread.

ontopic: Has anyone noticed that people use the word Xerox instead of PhotoCopy ? Even most techies do that. Back in Ahmedabad, I hardly found anyone using xerox, but once I came to bangalore, the "IT City" there is no photocopy. Only Xerox. How many of these shitheads even HAVE xerox machines ? They either have Cannon or Modi or some local machine.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^i used to call that photocopy but here in Karnataka and Maharashtra i heard only Xerox and to say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom