Do UFOs/Aliens exist, is Time Travel possible and more...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Do u think UFOs exist

Maybe the Aliens are already here in Human Disguise. :D

the topic of thread should have been "Do You Think Aliens Exist",

Source of UFO = Existence of Aliens. right?

I do say that Aliens are there, coz there are Billions of Planets in those Billions of Galaxies, so there is possibility of some Planets with similar Climate/Eco-System as our Earth.

We dont even know for sure whether the Big-BANG occured or not. its all asumptions, no hard evidence.

So my conclusion, UFO visited Earth or not, Aliens exist for sure.
Who knows they might look as same as us humans. :D

Last edited:
OP
S

shashank_digitreader

Man! this thread is going nuts and never thought it will come this far!

nice video! its movin really fast!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

tech_mastermind said:
Great video !
But the question comes in mind,if UFOs are exists then why they don't come on earth permanently.......

Yep! It's very hard or rather impossible to imagine any man-made or heavenly object making such maneuvers.

Regarding your question...check out mine and Raabo's earlier posts...It has already been discussed in detail.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Re: UFOs, Aliens, Time Travel and more...

Whoops! Apparently digitadmin accidently closed this thread, reopened... apologies from the admins..

Raaabo

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

Raaabo said:
Whoops! Apparently digitadmin accidently closed this thread, reopened... apologies from the admins..

Raaabo

No problems Raabo! Accidents do happen, more over mistakes are made by Humans. I am sure Agent 001 is human! ;)

Thanks to Fatbeing for opening the thread.

capri435

Broken In

i wont believe till i see one till then i'll laugh at these stories

OP
S

shashank_digitreader

Lets start abt Time travel, first i wanted open it as a another thread, but as the thread's name is changed im goin on here:

source: *www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/time/think.html

Think Like Einstein
by Rick Groleau

Ever since Einstein revealed his special theory of relativity, we've known that time travel—at least moving forward through time—is possible. Einstein didn't pull this theory, or even the notion that time travel is possible, out of thin air. Rather, he took the knowledge of the day, saw an inconsistency—a piece of a puzzle that didn't fit, so to speak—and thought about possible explanations.

On the following pages you'll have to think like Einstein. You'll take a look at the same puzzle and see the problem, and you'll have to think about the same things Einstein had to think about to resolve the problem. Maybe you've heard the recent reports about how physically unique Einstein's brain was. Don't panic—you won't need a superhuman brain to grasp the concepts presented. And when you finish, not only will you understand the special theory, you will have reasoned it out for yourself, just as Einstein did.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

shashank_digitreader said:
Lets start abt Time travel, first i wanted open it as a another thread, but as the thread's name is changed im goin on here:

WOW!!!! Can't believe this!!! This cant be true...I think we'll get to see something like this in the next 5 to 10 years...
BYE BYE airlines:D:D:D

OP
S

SE><IE

Think Like Einstein
by Rick Groleau

Ever...
...Einstein did.

Great link. Thanks.

Raaabo said:
Some theories suggest that the grandfather paradox will never occur, simply because time travel to the past isn’t possible

Well atleast Einstein's theory doesn't say so. According to him we can ttravel in past if we can travel faster than light. Ah yes, you said some theories :)
Well, for those who don't know how its possible to travel (according to Einstein) by travelling faste than light:
Lets say a dog dies and you get the news(information) next morning that a dog had died. Consider it as travelling at a speed slower than light.
Now if you were at the same location as the dog then you would have got the information exactly when it died. Information travelling at light's speed.
Now if the information could travel at a speed greater than light then you could know about the death of dog before it died. In other words, you could peep into future that is, you current world would get dragged into past.

I heard about "zero power" on discovery around 3-4 years back. They were talking that you can even ride a bicycle moving at a speed faster than light without 'actually' crossing the speed limit (of light). Does anyone have any relative info. :)

Vyasram

The pWnster

Gr8 link , thanks,

learnt what's happenning

OP
S

shashank_digitreader

what if the speed of train is more than that light?

OP
S

SE><IE

you checked your own link right? :) .See, speed of light is constant (as depicted in the image)
In this case they consider the speed of train to be c/2 (where c= speed of light) , even if you increase the speed to c or more than c even then the relative speed of light in both reference frames( 1)person in train, 2) person standing outside) will be still the same i.e., c
:)

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin

SE><IE said:
you checked your own link right? :) .See, speed of light is constant (as depicted in the image)
In this case they consider the speed of train to be c/2 (where c= speed of light) , even if you increase the speed to c or more than c even then the relative speed of light in both reference frames( 1)person in train, 2) person standing outside) will be still the same i.e., c
:)

That's not what shashank asked... he asked what if the train was moving faster than the speed of light... and then turned on it's headlight, what would the observer standing on the ground see...

Interesting question...

there's a theory that if you're travelling faster than the speed of light, and turned on your headlights, observers will still see your headlights travel at the speed of light.

What's more interesting is that you will see time move backwards :) so you will see yourself starting to move backwards (away from the observer) instead of forwards (towards him).

The observer will see your headlights (and your train) after you have already passed him, but still, at the speed of light, not faster. This is because C is constant, and we cannot see things moving faster than the speed of light in real-time, we will only see them later (when the light they emit catches up to the point they just passed while moving at a speed faster than light).

Of course, all this is just one theory, because others suggest that in order to attain a speed faster than light, you have to have infinite power to accelerate, and you will become infinite mass.

This is why we currently assume that greater than C speeds are impossible, because if you are travelling at C-1 m/s, time is already almost at a standstill. So in order to accelerate that 1 m/s faster, you have to apply infinite power of acceleration to move any faster.

Raaabo

OP
S

shashank_digitreader

Raaabo said:
That's not what shashank asked... he asked what if the train was moving faster than the speed of light... and then turned on it's headlight, what would the observer standing on the ground see...

Interesting question...

there's a theory that if you're travelling faster than the speed of light, and turned on your headlights, observers will still see your headlights travel at the speed of light.

What's more interesting is that you will see time move backwards :) so you will see yourself starting to move backwards (away from the observer) instead of forwards (towards him).

The observer will see your headlights (and your train) after you have already passed him, but still, at the speed of light, not faster. This is because C is constant, and we cannot see things moving faster than the speed of light in real-time, we will only see them later (when the light they emit catches up to the point they just passed while moving at a speed faster than light).

Of course, all this is just one theory, because others suggest that in order to attain a speed faster than light, you have to have infinite power to accelerate, and you will become infinite mass.

This is why we currently assume that greater than C speeds are impossible, because if you are travelling at C-1 m/s, time is already almost at a standstill. So in order to accelerate that 1 m/s faster, you have to apply infinite power of acceleration to move any faster.

Raaabo

thanx raaabo

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

The scenario which Raaabo explained holds good only if the train is moving in parallel direction w.r.t the person. What if the train is approaching the person with already headlight 'ON'? Now what would the person see?

He would first see only the train passing through and then see the headlight!! Moreover the person will be seeing only the headlight without train even after the train has passed through!!

Last edited:
OP
S

SE><IE

Raaabo said:
That's not what shashank asked..
Ah! forgot to answer the whole thing, left it in the middle. Anyways thanks Raaabo for :
Raaabo said:
So in order to accelerate that 1 m/s faster, you have to apply infinite power of acceleration to move any faster.

Here is something that you may be intersted in :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin

Kiran_tech_mania said:
The scenario which Raaabo explained holds good only if the train is moving in parallel direction w.r.t the person. What if the train is approaching the person with already headlight 'ON'? Now what would the person see?

He would first see only the train passing through and then see the headlight!! Moreover the person will be seeing only the headlight without train even after the train has passed through!!

Sorry, wrong again! Even if the train was moving at you, you would see the train and headlight together, just that you would see the train after it passed, not while it was passing. That is the only difference, you would NOT see a train without a headlight or headlight without the train. Why? because you can only see light, and you will see the light from the train (reflection or headlight). If the train was travelling faster than light speed, you would still only see at light speed, thus you would see events later than they occurred!

The reason why you will never see the headlight without the train is because though the train may travel faster than the speed of light, what you can SEE does not. The speed of light being constant, the light reflection off the train (which causes you to see it) and the headlight, will always both reach you together.

Raaabo

Top Bottom