DmC: Devil May Cry discussion

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: DMC (2012): Devil May Cry discussion

^^ Its way better than DMC4 buddy. Gameplay and story are in a whole different level.
Anand, its time to feed your "Cyclone" and get it accustomed to some real kickass gameplay.
I guess you will be forced to change your Avatar after playing this. :grin:

BTW the music is the best in series. Noisia and Combichrist has done an amazing job. My fav from the combichrist ost:

[YOUTUBE]bY6ispdOJtQ[/YOUTUBE]

Ninja Theory FTW! brilliant game, takes a lot of inspiration from corporate america.

Yup i absolutely second that. Its good to see that the game has indeed lived up to the reviews.

Btw check how this guy plays :

*kotaku.com/5978697/watch-this-guy-laugh-in-the-face-of-dmcs-highest-difficulty?popular=true

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

Hmm.....Will surely play this game then. Also I saw in forums that this game don't actually need any patches at all as it performs really well and don't have any bugs whatsoever which is a good thing for me as I always like to play games after their development cycle is complete.
As for Avatar, there are many many games which were better than DMC4 but I don't know why I got so attached to Nero for this long time, I mean around 3 years. :p

Hmm.....Will surely play this game then. Also I saw in forums that this game don't actually need any patches at all as it performs really well and don't have any bugs whatsoever which is a good thing for me as I always like to play games after their development cycle is complete.
As for Avatar, there are many many games which were better than DMC4 but I don't know why I got so attached to Nero for this long time, I mean around 3 years. :p

cyborg47

Technomancer

Hmm....Nice, how does it compare with DMC 4 ??

I'd prefer not to compare, both of them are kickass in their own way. DMC 4 just like its predecessor had really deep gameplay, a devil may cry purist would explain this better.
On the other side, NT's DMC is good in its own way, everything in the art from Animation to the vfx are done extremely well, the narrative, acting - both MoCap and voice- are brilliant, top notch production values, and the platforming is a huge improvement which was kinda broken in the previous games. This is my first Ninja Theory title, I'd always heard that they're really good at creating compelling characters and worlds(10/10), and this game is a brilliant example of that. Don't give a crap about the hardcore fans and their rant about the change in style, Dante might seem like an a$$hole in the beginning, but he's a pretty likable character.
The possible downside, could be the gameplay, its amazing and very very accessible(extremely easy yet rewarding and satisfying), but compared to the previous titles, its not deep enough for a DMC game. The gameplay depth could be an issue to the hardcore DMC purists but for normal gamers, its a delight!

Though I'm kinda disappointed with NT and their insult at the original Dante, they clearly shouldn't have done that.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Did they really insulted the original developers? I heard the original creator hideyeki kamiya ( platinum games) praised NT's work a lot.
What you said about NT owing to characters and level design is absolutely true. Try to play "Heavenly sword" on a ps3. The game was highly praised back then.
DmC borrows combat from that game which is a very good thing.

cyborg47

Technomancer

^^ Did they really insulted the original developers? I heard the original creator hideyeki kamiya ( platinum games) praised NT's work a lot.

Its more of a humorous joke on the original Dante's hairstyle, but I found it insulting. Yeah the original creator praised it, good guy I guess ;)

DmC borrows combat from that game which is a very good thing.

And platforming too, lot of similarities to Heavenly sword.

check this out,

[youtube]9a31ayE9mpM[/youtube]

Real shame consoles couldn't do the 60fps :|

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

Its more of a humorous joke on the original Dante's hairstyle, but I found it insulting. Yeah the original creator praised it, good guy I guess ;)
And platforming too, lot of similarities to Heavenly sword.
Real shame consoles couldn't do the 60fps :|

Yeah when Heavenly sword was released then I also wished that I could play that game, good thing that this game is similar to that game in many aspect. As for 60 FPS, its nice to see that NT have actually preferred PC gamers this time. :)

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz

to all who are planning to play on PC, better buy a game pad cause you will not be able to chain long combos on keyboard and mouse and air combos are very difficult to pull off on keyboard and mouse

played till mission 6 looks good so far, also if it helps on my PC i am able to get 120-130 fps with Vsync off so playing at 60 fps with Vsync on, graphics wise not that different than console version only textures are better i think...

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

to all who are planning to play on PC, better buy a game pad cause you will not be able to chain long combos on keyboard and mouse and air combos are very difficult to pull off on keyboard and mouse

played till mission 6 looks good so far, also if it helps on my PC i am able to get 120-130 fps with Vsync off so playing at 60 fps with Vsync on, graphics wise not that different than console version only textures are better i think...

hmm nice !! I have a xbox 360 controller .

gameranand

Living to Play

Well all Hack-n-Slash games are best played on a Controller. Seems like I have to buy a new one. :)

Gollum

Collector

The Demo on PS3 is awesome. very nice on gameplay, smoothness and graphics.

gameranand

Living to Play

^^ If you have a good enough RIG then buy the game for PC, because this time PC version is better than consoles in every way. :)

Piyush

Lanaya

I remember how my keyboard was fudged up playing DMC 3

Those J K L I O P keys dont work anymore

gameranand

Living to Play

Yup it was like berserk on KB untill everything walking is dead on the screen except protagonist. ;)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

There is no substantial improvement from console version. Except the frame limit. I guess Ninja Theory's aim was to make the game run smooth across multiple hardware. And I guess they succeeded in it. My friend installed this game on his half decade old PC. And he was getting more than good enough performance at medium settings. Good job, Ninja.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Eurogamer face-off.

DmC PC - the definitive Devil May Cry experience? • Face offs • Eurogamer.net

Gollum

Collector

well I have a probook with amd 4000 series graphics and I don't think it can run the game.

tkin

Back to school!!

well I have a probook with amd 4000 series graphics and I don't think it can run the game.
Yes it can, personally experienced it, at low FPS though, but it will run ok in 1280x720.

Top Bottom