Display garbled!!!!!!

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
i am facing a vierd problem on my PC

as you can see in the screenshot how the display looks

[URL=*img23.imageshack.us/i/01122010040.jpg/][IMG]*img23.imageshack.us/img23/4910/01122010040.th.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

now this happens when i run the run the windows exp. index test or for that matter any games (the games load fine until the actual in game screens)
when the system restarts this garbled screen is present right from bios screen, and its only after i switch off the psc for half an hour that the display looks normal again

otherwise the systems runs just fine, without any problems

now i have done the following-
reinstalled windows
updated various drivers
changed the dvi cable
plugged in the gpu into other slot on the mobo

my config
amd phenom 955be
asus m4a87td evo
xfx 8600gt 256mb (its a recently rma card but was running fine on my old m2ne!!
2gb corsair ddr3 value ram
vx 550w corssair psu
windows7 ultimate 64bit

plz help

Last edited:
OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
you wont believe this is or was my 3rd rma 8600gt!!!!!!!!!
before it i was using it with diff. cpu-mobo combo (5200+ and m2ne)

i forgot to mention that after this screen when the system restarts this garbled scrren is present right from bios screen, so i guess that rules out driver/sw problems

can it be releated to mobo as the card for running just fine on by m2ne, used to run cod mw2,grid etc nicely

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ remove ram. turn PC on & let it run for a minute. turn PC off. plug ram in. & check. i not sure if its going to work but try once.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
it didnt work sam, display is still garbled. This is happenin whenever i stress the card

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok so it isn't a ram problem. so next most likely option is GPU. but in my case (old pc opened 2 weeks ago, faced same problem but no GPU) this step solved the problem.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Well,u might remove the ram and gpu from their rrespecrive slots,give a slots a bit of a hard blow of air and put things back.
Worked for me.
Otherwise,it has features of a possible gpu problem.

Also,have u lukd at the proccy temps and hdd smart?

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@pulkit
3 yr old viewsonic 19" lcd
Its very unlikely that problem is monitor related

@sam
My mobo dosent have onboard graphics
Will go to rashi 2morrow(hope they wont ban me from entering as this will be my 4th rma!!)
Any advice
Btw what is ram garbage?

@mukherjee
Have already cleaned them
Temps are also fine

abhidev

Human Spambot
You got 3 RMAs from rashi :shock:.

Whats RMA?

Try changing your cable that connects ur monitor and cpu....that could be the problem. If it doesn't help then try starting the pc in safe mode...if the problem doesn't arise then its your GPU problem probably.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam
My mobo dosent have onboard graphics
Will go to rashi 2morrow(hope they wont ban me from entering as this will be my 4th rma!!)
Any advice
Btw what is ram garbage?

error accumulated in ram over time. pointing to address where theres nothing or garbage.

Rashi should welcome you. long time customer :mrgreen: do take some sweets for those rashi bustards. got no shame at all.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@Ishu Gupta
yup thats true, and make it 4 rma now!!!

@abhidev
it was a gpu problem. for rma take a look at this
Return merchandise authorization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@sam
well i had another rma (4th one)
dont be so angry at rashi:lol:, atleast my citys rashi franchisee is nice:))

i asked them for a credit voucher but since they had a new 8600 in store they said they would give the next time if i have the problem again
guess they have a bumper stock of xfx 8600gt, everytime i go with a problem they handover a new 8600:roll:

[URL=*img10.imageshack.us/i/02122010043.jpg/][IMG]*img10.imageshack.us/img10/8461/02122010043.th.jpg[/URL]

*img256.imageshack.us/img256/7707/02122010048.th.jpg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam

i asked them for a credit voucher but since they had a new 8600 in store they said they would give the next time if i have the problem again
guess they have a bumper stock of xfx 8600gt, everytime i go with a problem they handover a new 8600:roll:

are you sure the card you received is new? cause chances are those are faulty cards, cleaned up & TIMed. and are given to anyone with a faulty Electric Stove (pet name for XFX 8600GT). if so, than they are a pack of really educated cheaters.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Even rashi guys in my city are good. My 5750 also went kaput after 2 weeks of purchase. The problem was due to my faulty ups and voltage spikes due to improper earthing.

They replaced my card within 6 working days and gave me a new 5750. I am talking about rashi peripherals bhubneshwar and i guess they are lot better than their kolkata counterpart.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ your card was new & a bit costly (above 7k) so they replaced. also its from Asus. had you taken a faulty XFX 8600GT or 8500GT you may have got same kind of reaction as Topgear.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@Ishu Gupta
yup thats true, and make it 4 rma now!!!

@abhidev
it was a gpu problem. for rma take a look at this
Return merchandise authorization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@sam

Hey thanx for the info on RMA...ya u need to make sure that u got a new card and not the old one..as those guys must be cycling u through the same bunch of cards...:)

Top Bottom