Display garbled!!!!!!

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@sam & abhidev

hey anything is possible in todays world
but as you can see in th pics it looks to be new, else whos got the patience to pack an refurbished card with all acess.(notice the do not disturm door hang!!) , clean fan, packaging etc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
maybe it was new & got fried in the first week of usage. so it looks so clean & new. they just repaired it. when you got the card, was the box sealed by XFX tag?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ this time if they offer a replacement ask for a card in a sealed box. or if possible pay a little & get a better card.

cause as i told if no seal = repaired card. & thats bound to go bad. else expect 1 more visit to your best friend's shop :smile:

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
if there is a next time (which going by the trend it will be), i wont be accepting another rma from them and will demand a credit note or else they can stick the "Electric Stove" up there ass

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
hihahahahahaha

the time has come again to pay another visit to my pals at rashi:wink:

this card is also showing the same problems of display garbled and getting stuck when the gpu is stressed

cant believe it

rest assured this is the last time.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
U sure it's the gfx this time too..if u know it is go bang rashi's door..
If not then do this(if u havn't already)
Check ur system with another monitor..if the prob is still there then u will be sure its the 8600..or test ur monitor on any other pc..
Hope u finally get rid of this prob

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
can this be due to my mobo asus m4a87td evo???although its just a month old!!!!!!!!!!
or some ram issue, using corsair vs2gb1333d4

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
can this be due to my mobo asus m4a87td evo???although its just a month old!!!!!!!!!!
or some ram issue, using corsair vs2gb1333d4

Try with some other gfx card and if you have 2 RAM's use then individually and check. The same problem happen for me once and i RMAed my HD4670 twice and came to know that the problem is with my PCIe slot. :D

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
^^
did your 4670s display also distorted when gaming/stressing the card ??

dont have 2 sticks of ram

wont be able to visit rashi 2day maybe on monday

what options do i have from rashi now?????

can i ask for cash refund, which i guess will be the current price of 8600gt
by the is this card still manufactured?

if they give me a credit note i will have to buy another xfx, which i dont want (they expensive in the first place and then you have to make rounds to the sc for rmas)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
did your 4670s display also distorted when gaming/stressing the card ??

Nope, my PCIe slot is the issue. Without knowing this i RMAed my card twice.

dont have 2 sticks of ram

wont be able to visit rashi 2day maybe on monday

what options do i have from rashi now?????

can i ask for cash refund, which i guess will be the current price of 8600gt
by the is this card still manufactured?

if they give me a credit note i will have to buy another xfx, which i dont want (they expensive in the first place and then you have to make rounds to the sc for rmas)

No check with some other gfx card and stress the card. If it shows the same problem, send your mobo to RMA, otherwise send the gfx card for RMA. Also try change ur RAM too.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@ asingh

i use 263.00, prior to this i was using 258.96 with same results
v263 dosent install on my machine

@furios gamer

i mean to say did you faced same display distorted when gpu was stressed coz by card runs just fine under normal loads

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You should ask them to stress the GPU at the RMA center. If it works fine there, then there could be issues with another computer part.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
sigh....
The card is dead (rip)
In its final moments the display went blank with monitor showing no signal
When restarted the display was garbled right from bios just like in my first post

@furious
what exactly was the prob. With the pci slot?
Did u rma the board? Was it an asus?

When i went to get my previous card rmaed with same problem i overheard the guys at sc say the cards memory is corrupted or something
Does it make any sense?

Can i claim a refund or i will only get credit note?

i googled 4 my problem/artifacts and found that its due to bad video ram
What can be its cause vram to go bad?

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@furious
what exactly was the prob. With the pci slot?
Did u rma the board? Was it an asus?

When i went to get my previous card rmaed with same problem i overheard the guys at sc say the cards memory is corrupted or something
Does it make any sense?

Can i claim a refund or i will only get credit note?

i googled 4 my problem/artifacts and found that its due to bad video ram
What can be its cause vram to go bad?

In your case you say that card is dead. Fine, then ask for credit note and get a new gfx card.

And i dont know abt the corrupted memory issue, but it might be true somehow.

What problem i faced is, whenever i start to stress my card, my display get garbled and no other option left other than re-boot the PC. Initially i thought my gfx card went bad and RMAed it. But even after 2 RMAs i faced the same issue and thought of using the gfx card in another PC, and it works perfectly fine. I tested it by playing Crysis and Far Cry2 and it didn't got any problem.

So i guess the issue is with my mobo and i RMAed my mobo. My mobo was P5N-MX and yes its ASUS.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@furiousgamer

One more thing buddy
Did you faced the problem with the pci slot right from the start i.e. With brand new board or the problem developed with time?

both of my previous gpus didnt work on other systems roo, r\they showed the same problem (display corruption) as on my system
can my mobo be screwing up the gpus??

i wana buy a new gpu bi\ut am scared if the prob. is with mobo it will screwup the new card as well!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom