Display garbled!!!!!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
May be..

You better try someone's GPU in your PC and if it works fine after stressing the GPU, the your mobo is OK.

Otherwise u need to change the Mobo.

And one more thing, plz check your PSU too. :D

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
theres risk in testing some1 elses gpu, if it dies then so will i !!

How do i test the psu?

Did u faced the prob with new mobo or after using it for sometime?

Sc guys told me artifacts are due to vram goin bad and that is due to "compatibility" problems btw mobo & gpu !

Orderd an asus eah 6850.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
theres risk in testing some1 elses gpu, if it dies then so will i !!

How do i test the psu?

Did u faced the prob with new mobo or after using it for sometime?

Sc guys told me artifacts are due to vram goin bad and that is due to "compatibility" problems btw mobo & gpu !

Orderd an asus eah 6850.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Dont you have any old backup GFX card r your friends 7600 to test?

:D

No other option left buddy. Just think this way, what if your mobo's PCIe slot went bad, and w/o knowing that you put a new 6850 and its gone!!!!

Think of it. So, safe better than sorry. Also what PSU do you have?

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
^^
i dont have a backup card, after hearing my problems my frnds dont wana risk their cards!

I have a corsair vx550w

U r right, theres risk in using the 6850. Guess i will ask the dealer to test the board

U didnt ans. That whether u faced the pci problem with a brand new board or after using it for sometime

Last edited:

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
i thinks it's mostly due to the GPU cause i had the similar problem but i used to get a BSOD as soon as BIOS is loaded (by the BIOS was also garbled)
i got a newer series of card as service centre guys said my card production was stopped(i got ZOTAC GTX 460 1Gb against ZOTAC GTX 275 amp edition).
so i think even ur card production cud have stopped and u should get a newer series card !!!

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@jerrin

Were u using a old card on a new mobo? Coz sc guys say its compatibility problem btw mobo & the gpu.
Yes the production of my card 8600gt has ceased and the sc has ran out of buffer 8600gt s!

@sukesh

I never got sealed box with all my previous rmas. Do u suspect i was gettin refurbished cards? Sc guys said they were from their buffer stock and now that they have ran out of them i will get a credit note.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
nope my mo-bo was new donno suddenly the GPU started showing problems that when's i got it exchanged
so now there r chances of even u gettin a new card then !!
go for it !!!!!!!!!

sukesh1090

Adam young
hey,if you can't check any other card in your mobo then why don't you check your card in any other system?if you don't see any problem in that system then the problem is with your mobo or if you find those problems in that system also, then the fault is in the card.

digibrush

digitalpainter
I have strange experience with gfx card which is not solve.

I have xfx 9500 gt, which run nicely with p4 and mobo d101ggc. after almost one year I decide to build a new pc with core i3 and DH55tc motherboard.

I run my one year old 9500gt with new system, it was run for one month nicely and then problem stats. Display related errors and freezing with games. I tried the card with another pc and problem remain same.

My xfx card importer is Akshay enterprise(luckily not Rashi), they replace my card after testing within 10 days.

Now another problem began... I insert the card with my new mobo and the card was not detected. I tried with every possible way but the card was not detected by new mobo.

But ... that very card detected by my another pc with asus mobo perfectly fine and still runing after one month.

I bought Sapphire 5670 1 gb for my new mobo and it is also running nicely.

So my pcie slot is fine and replaced card also alright, dont know where is the problem.

One thing I did before get my RMA I installed another 2gb of ram and update my new mobo bios.

May be one of them cause the problem?

And also thinking why the card failed after instal with new mobo?

Is new mobo PCIE slot "screwup" 9500gt and still "screwing" HD 5670?
Only time will tell.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@sukesh
I have tested both damaged cards on other systems, even sc guys tested them but they showed same artifacts as they did on my system!
Its just that my both rmaed cards showed similar problems on by ndw board that i am confused if its my mobo

@digibrush
Maybe its "compatibility issues" as sc guys told me!

sukesh1090

Adam young
its better you can mail your mobo manufacturer and clear your doubts that what are all the graphics card supported by your mobo.

Top Bottom