Dish TV - which one to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
which provider to go for?

tata Sky is off the list.

my TV has HDMI input, so the provider providing :)) this feature wud be better ;)

i heard that DD dth was providing this HDMI feature. is it true?

axxo

99.9% Idle
why tata sky is off??
just got a connection for my pc a week bfore.......encoding dvd quality live movies now..
and in chennai cable tv connection is poor...i mean the quality suffers they split the connection multiply it without introducing suffiecient boosters..the reason why i bought tata sky....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Tata sky is the best when it comes to connection to highdef TV. Like 32" HDTV.

Crystal clear picture. even DishTV showed slight noise.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but tata sky it tooo costly. 4k.

while othrs r at 2.2k
how about the one frm Beetel?

btw i want it here in KGF (1.5 hrs frm b'lore):))

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
it's costly but worthy :)

BTW, If you buy HDTV, some stores are giving TATA Sky for reduced price of for free.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
LOL

finnaly settled for Tata Sky & booked it. :))

as its "Customer Support" is waaaaaay better than others.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^Are you aware of this :
*www.mouthshut.com/review/Tata_Sky_TV-120713-1.html
*orangehues.com/blog/2007/03/conspiracy-called-tata-sky.html

prasad_den

Padawan
~Phenom~ said:
^^Are you aware of this :
*www.mouthshut.com/review/Tata_Sky_TV-120713-1.html
*orangehues.com/blog/2007/03/conspiracy-called-tata-sky.html
In case you missed... this is the last para in the blog:
From December 2007 onwards: DTH providers cannot lock you to use their own hardware - the STBs will now work with all providers. They must provide hardware refunds if the consumer wishes to return it. They must attend complaints of quality within a specified period. Prepayment vouchers must not be only paying mechanism. Providers cannot suddenly cancel any pay channel in a short period and without previous notice. Best of all, you can now choose which channels to watch - you don't have to subscribe to channel bouquet offered by the provider!
Just for info.... :D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
"you can now choose which channels to watch - you don't have to subscribe to channel bouquet offered by the provider!"

does Tata Sky offers this?

that local provider guy said to choose from a package.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
prasad_den said:
In case you missed... this is the last para in the blog:

Just for info.... :D
Yes, I read it few minutes before your post. I posted earlier links becuase I read them long back in march , so I was having that in mind, hence i quickly searched and posted without reading the updates on that page.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/actions1.gif

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
yep, refer to my posts in the thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70978

If you are taking Dish TV or Tatasky, insist that they give you a universal STB (if you are buying) or take it back and refund its cost, should you decide to do away with their service anytime.Also they cannot force any bouquet on you. You are at liberty to choose your own channels a la carte.

If the service providers are still sticking to their pre-December 2007 contracts, report the matter to the regulating authority TRAI.

Exercise your right to information and decline any agreement that is in contravention to TRAI's mandate which has come into effect from 01 Dec 2007.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
" insist that they give you a universal STB"
^wil do.

"Also they cannot force any bouquet on you. You are at liberty to choose your own channels a la carte."

they said they offer only the packages (family pack, north pack, south package...)

all i want is all "Star" english channels (World, movies, sports...), axn, tamil channels, hbo, all english "zee", all eng. news.

can i subscribe by contacting Tata Sky customer support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom