Disappointed with the performance of PALiT HD4850 compared to XFX 9800GTX+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Hi, I told my cousin to buy XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ :D. I told my father to buy me PALiT HD4850 Sonic. He agreed, but he told me "This is last upgrade you'll make until your Bro joins any University":(. Woohoo!!, Yesterday I bought the HD4850, thinking that mine is faster than my cousin's :rolleyes:. But..No, I was little disappointed. So, I went with my card to my bro's [cousin's] house to challenge him, reading in some forums that HD4850 is faster than GF 9800GTX+ :mad:. He was playing Crysis, I asked him "Yo! Let's compare". In Crysis, a level where a ship will be crashed and it will be frozen and the alien will take Jester. In that level, the XFX was giving 18-19 fps and sometimes 22 fps!! So I plugged The Sonic and in that same level, Mine was giving 16-17 fps!! and sometimes 19fps :mad:. I also Benched with the Crysis Benching Tool. But XFX was faster, I thought that the Crysis was NVIDIA-Optimized. So we tested FarCry 2 and again XFX was faster. We tested GoW, In that, mine was almost beating the XFX . In UT3, Mine was no where near the XFX!! Almost in every game the XFX was beating me by 2-3 fps. So at last he said to me, "Thanks, bro for suggesting me this great card!!" :confused:. I was so angry :evil: that I Literally cried!! :cry:. Anyway, if anyone any having this confusion and will upgrade after 1-2 yrs, I suggest you go for 9800GTX+, especially XFX. One thing that is making me happy is that I have joined the "HD4850 League" :D. The settings used in all games was :

Resolution: 1440x900
AA: 4x
Quality: In every games the possible highest settings was set [DX9]

Comp. Config.:
Intel C2D E8400 @ 3.0GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM 667MHz
ASUS P5Q-Pro M/B
XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB & PALiT Radeon HD4850 Sonic 512MB
CM eXtreme Power Duo 600W
ViewSonic 19" Moniter [I don't know the model no.!!]

spidy333

Broken In
Hey.. cmon man even the cost of XFX 9800GTX+ is higher than PALIT HD 4850.. and just 2-3 frames...

edit: sorry I thought it was standard card.. it was sonic one.. so the costs should be same I guess..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@nvidiageek. Yes, we all do mention everytime that 9800gtx+ is marginally faster than HD4850 but the extra fps is not worth the extra price.

Palit HD4850 now costs around 8.7k-9.1k If I am right (in bangalore). And 9800gtx+ costs 2k more.

RMN

In the zone
^^he says "So I plugged The Sonic and in that same level"
so i guess he plugged it in his cousins system.

bilalarc

Time To Play The Game
That depends on pc to pc.

So cheer up dont go bad heart that happens.

Well Ati 4850 is better with good drivers if available, but on the other hand 9800gtx+ gets even better with every beta driver.( currently 185.20 )

Happy Gaming
bilal

x3060

A LOTR fan
nothing to worry about...2-3 fps difference is very very small to be even consider as a score.

spidy333

Broken In
Hey.. why are you even worrying.. as you have got the sonic edition with much better cooler than 9800GTX+.. OC the card like anything.. then it surely will beat 9800GTX+..

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Hey.. why are you even worrying.. as you have got the sonic edition with much better cooler than 9800GTX+.. OC the card like anything.. then it surely will beat 9800GTX+..

Yes, I o.c'ed my card to 710mhz [core], but when I play Crysis it hangs after five or ---- minutes :( So I reduced it too 700mhz and no prob.!! I again compared it, but no....He said to me "Man, why do you want to compare?? You'll become even more sadder!!:confused:" The o.c'ed was able to beat only one game - GoWthat too by .2 or 3fps!!! Anyway suggest me some games guys so that I can divert my bored mind to good :D

tkin

Back to school!!
C'mon, is 2-3 fps really that much, you're turning into one of those fps maniacs, anything over 30 Fps is good, less than 30 is bad, and beyond 60 is irrecognisable.
Doesn't matter whether you get 60 or 600, just enjoy the game.

BTW- Here's some nice games to play,

1.GTA 4
2.Crysis Warhead
3.COD 5
4.Fallout 3
5.Stalker Clear Sky(make sure to add latest patch and travel bug fix)
6.Mass Effect(prey it does not crash on your system)

spidy333

Broken In
How can you compare a costlier card to a cheaper card... (XFX just started making radeons).. 9800GTX+ @ 12k whereas Palit HD4850 @ 9k..

He got the sonic edition thats y its costlier..

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
now i guess the only way to best him would be to oc your procy.

Yo! Budd, I told you that my gnikcuF :cool: MoBo's is not capable of O.C'ing the CPU :?:. Anyway how's this MoBo: MSI P7N-SLi Platinum [nForce 750i chipset] for O.C'ing the CPU???

C'mon, is 2-3 fps really that much, you're turning into one of those fps maniacs, anything over 30 Fps is good, less than 30 is bad, and beyond 60 is irrecognisable.
Doesn't matter whether you get 60 or 600, just enjoy the game.

BTW- Here's some nice games to play,

1.GTA 4
2.Crysis Warhead
3.COD 5
4.Fallout 3
5.Stalker Clear Sky(make sure to add latest patch and travel bug fix)
6.Mass Effect(prey it does not crash on your system)

Yeahhh....uhhh.....you're right. In S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, are there Zombies???? Am scared :| and scared of Ghouls in Fallout 3 :?: But am NOT scared of Robot-like Aliens in Crysis / Warhead :D. Anyway gotta play GTA IV aftah ma tests are ovah :cool:. It's runnin' :mad:.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Yo! Budd, I told you that my gnikcuF :cool: MoBo's is not capable of O.C'ing the CPU :?:. Anyway how's this MoBo: MSI P7N-SLi Platinum [nForce 750i chipset] for O.C'ing the CPU???

Yeahhh....uhhh.....you're right. In S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, are there Zombies???? Am scared :| and scared of Ghouls in Fallout 3 :?: But am NOT scared of Robot-like Aliens in Crysis / Warhead :D. Anyway gotta play GTA IV aftah ma tests are ovah :cool:. It's runnin' :mad:.
No Zombies in Clear Sky, only a few mutants(dogs, bores, Pseudo Dogs;) and some humans), mostly you'll fight humans, lots of shooting and very realistic combat(weapon) system, lots of upgrades to obtain, its addictive and fun. GFx is awesome,supports DX10.1 with latest patch(heres something your cousin can't use, only ATI supports DX10.1 now;):D ).

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
No Zombies in Clear Sky, only a few mutants(dogs, bores, Pseudo Dogs;) and some humans), mostly you'll fight humans, lots of shooting and very realistic combat(weapon) system, lots of upgrades to obtain, its addictive and fun. GFx is awesome,supports DX10.1 with latest patch(heres something your cousin can't use, only ATI supports DX10.1 now;):D ).

Yeah...But I use WinXP. So only DX9 :|. Anyway is STALKER a big game...I mean....More missions?? Or is it small game like Crysis WARHEAD :(?? And I tested with DX10, But...no, again. Ahhh, Sh!t:mad: XFX's faster. I feel like breaking that card, when my cousin goes to play football :D.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

You need not buy P7N-SLI Platinum for overclocking.

ASUS P5Q Pro does have overclocking feature and it's pretty good at it as far as I know.

What is the problem that you are facing with oc'ing on this board?

Check out MSI P45 Neo3 series boards and Gigabyte nvida 9300 based boards that come with hybrid SLI feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom