Digit to cost Rs.150/- per issue

Is the hike in Digit's price of Rs.150/- justified?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
More limitations in Digit magzine
.T
Only Jasubhai group make the digit magzine to the No 1. Tech magzine which is spoiled by the acquired company. They don't know many years want to make goodwill in the market but spoil in the few days,month & year.:confused:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

THIS IS THE TRUTH.

metric

Broken In
the moral of the story.

Digit has increased the price as they can't now no longer to afford to publish without increasing Rs. 25

anyone will must buy if he finds that every penny of his amount is worth.

As for us digit is not the only magazine we have access to, For digit we are not the only cusotmer we can sell their magazine to.

may be after some time they will increase their price Rs. 25/- as they know they Rs. 25/- is not anybody's bread and butter for the month.

Rgds,
metric

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
^^ Its not just the point of the DVD case but the kind of stuff they give on the second DVD is not too good. More than half of the DVD is filled with movies that people don't watch plus a huge amount of space is taken by game demos and mods. The other left over stuff easily fits into the CD.

I would suggest Digit to give 1 DVD with some good stuff and instead of a second DVD, provide a CD totally dedicated to Fast Track @ Rs.125/-

varun_ag

Broken In
Total crap for Rs. 150
For me DIGIT is now R.I.P.
Moving over to other magazines having good contents and reasonably priced.

Rahim

Married!
The 9dot9 company doesnt care about these comments. Feedback (negative that is) doesnt matter to them.

Last edited:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
^^ Its not just the point of the DVD case but the kind of stuff they give on the second DVD is not too good. More than half of the DVD is filled with movies that people don't watch plus a huge amount of space is taken by game demos and mods. The other left over stuff easily fits into the CD.

I would suggest Digit to give 1 DVD with some good stuff and instead of a second DVD, provide a CD totally dedicated to Fast Track @ Rs.125/-

+1

Total crap for Rs. 150
For me DIGIT is now R.I.P.
Moving over to other magazines having good contents and reasonably priced.

+10..........:D

vamsi360

Always confused
Digit got carried away when someone told them that they are the No.1 Tech magazine in India
yes partially only because they are business oriented and publishing only positive feedback in the mag compared to mixed feedback they used to.
But the big plus for DIGIT is Fast Track. It really rocks!

But we really miss our dearest previous editors during jasubhai's times

thinknano

Broken In
I am really disappointed about this fact!!!
the price isn't the only one cause of it but the contents they are producing is really really less....we want more text contents than anything....and in the world of broadband who wants to spend money on gigs of trail version software???>....

day by day i am loosing my patient and who knows the love for digit would turned out to be the total disliking?????.....

PaulBarber

Broken In
New company who acquire digit from jasubhai group only wants to making profit only :mad:.

Oh..Digit has new owners now??..so that explains it. I've been buying both Digit and Chip magazines , I never used to stick to any one magazine - I used to buy whichever one had better content for the month. Recently I started finding that Digit is becoming totally worthless and I haven't bought a Digit copy in the last 6 months at least.

At 150 rupees?..Digit stands no chance at all :mad:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I somehow feel this is some insider job or a marketing guy. Remember what Coke did with (classic)Coke and New Coke?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Why does this surprise anyone? With the economy the way it is and all the advertising dollars being redistributed to online media or being greatly reduced, print magazines will find it hard to survive. It's no secret that advertising revenue helps to keep the cost of each issue down to a minimum. Printing, shipping/transporting also ain't cheap these days. They just can't hike price without a good reason so here comes the second DVD in their defence. Like it or not, that's the way it is. I personally feel subscription rates for their annual and multiple year packages are very low, so those who are absolutely cautious about price should consider subscription only. Those who buy tech magazines after comparison based on mag/media content every month, shouldn't mind paying extra Rs. 25 as it will be the best of the lot (for that month). That's what I feel anyways.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Even in the time of recession if LFY could provide two DVDs(Open source software for windows issue) at the same price of Rs.100, then why Digit needs hike in prices even after being the market leader in terms of ads published in each issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom