Digit Starts Spamming Its Members...

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
@naveen_reloaded

Its sure sad and if TD is behind this, this is not a good thing at all.

On a different note, I think you can blacken your email address in the screenshot.

Another thing, of course do not want to offend ..

I have 5 email addresses. My official one which I give to my clients. My personal one which my family members etc send me emails. My gmail account which my close friends use. My yahoo - mailing list, linux group etc and finally my rediff account - I give it wherever needed, like in forum signup, site logins etc and I check it very rarely. Of course I get spam in all these, but very less on first three.

The email you mentioned, I also received in rediff, went to teh junk folder straight !

What my point is, it is better not to give our primary email address in any forum or social networking websites. I am no way justifying TD (if they are behind this), but just my thought.

Anyway, curious what TD has to say on this matter.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@naveen_reloaded

Its sure sad and if TD is behind this, this is not a good thing at all.

On a different note, I think you can blacken your email address in the screenshot.

Another thing, of course do not want to offend ..

I have 5 email addresses. My official one which I give to my clients. My personal one which my family members etc send me emails. My gmail account which my close friends use. My yahoo - mailing list, linux group etc and finally my rediff account - I give it wherever needed, like in forum signup, site logins etc and I check it very rarely. Of course I get spam in all these, but very less on first three.

The email you mentioned, I also received in rediff, went to teh junk folder straight !

What my point is, it is better not to give our primary email address in any forum or social networking websites. I am no way justifying TD (if they are behind this), but just my thought.

Anyway, curious what TD has to say on this matter.

u r right din ,

actually this email i gave is when TDF was hot... ( around 06-08 )

i never thought TDF will do it or will be compromised...

i too have around 8 email ID , i felt that TDF is palce for my onine identity do gave the primary ID , i think its time to go slopsbox ID

guys i think the condition has gone too far , if its compromosied .. so i our emails , or if TDF has launched yet aanother tactic like spamming its member , then its time we depart from here and seek antoher place...:x

i think its time admins come and post here ...:x

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
meeeeeeeeeeeee ttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooo

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/49large.png*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/49large.png

NucleusKore

TheSaint
That's the Unismilies plugin for Firefox. I think the developer stopped with this last version.

*www.zshare.net/download/6037521763508294/

Last edited:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Arrey yaar, just unsubscribe from this newsletter. I dd it today only & then a confirmation mail came that "u have successfully unsubscribed..."

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Let me post u an in-depth analysis of those mails

First the mail Digit sent:-
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/38406_oizyx/Digit_Ebay.JPG
And, from details of this mail I found:-

Code:
Received: from app69.muc.ec-messenger.com (app69.muc.domeus.com [B][172.16.9.49][/B]) by mta70.muc.ec-messenger.com (READY) with ESMTP id 50256180B4C51 for <removed my id>; Fri, 22 May 2009 10:00:33 +0200 (CEST) Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:00:33 +0200 (CEST) From: "eBay.in" <marketing@thinkdigit.com> Reply-To: "eBay.in" <marketing@thinkdigit.com> To: <removed my id>Message-ID: <32883655.78472291242979233209@ecmessenger>
The bold part is the original IP of the originated message.
doing a whois on the ip, got this, didn't quite understood it but, check out anyway,
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/38408_zmbov/whois_digit.JPG

2nd mail which I got from utvi.com has the exact same message, check out.
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/38407_4rh18/Utvi_mail.JPG

Analyzing its orgin I found,
Received: from utv18.utvi.com (lb2.itnation.com [124.153.101.165])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id l27si7947767waf.20.2009.05.22.06.06.10;
Fri, 22 May 2009 06:06:12 -0700 (PDT)
Surprisingly both the same mails are from two diff. IPs. So its fishing obviously.

This is not the first time I got ebay mail from digit domain name attached.
Last mail on 18th, IP:172.16.9.53
Prior to that on 19th Apr, IP:192.168.61.192 (it was suspected as SPAM)

For utvi.com mails (30th april and 18th May) are from same IP.
IP:124.153.101.164 and today's mail from 124.153.101.165
Doing a whois on it provided this,
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/38409_kzcmd/Utvi_1.JPG
All these mails from this bustard.

Let me give you the original ebay mail's analysis,
I took two mails sent in diff. of 1 week.
Both of them have same ip range 91.194.248.163 and 91.194.248.154

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Arrey yaar, just unsubscribe from this newsletter. I dd it today only & then a confirmation mail came that "u have successfully unsubscribed..."

+1. I didn't subscribe to the newsletter and didn't have to face such mails yet.... BTW I have subscribed PC World Newsletter.:razz:

mrintech

Technomancer
I still feel that these e-mails are legitimate BUT TD is sending them without our approval

Check out:
*www.aghreni.com/email_mobile_messenger_features.html - Tracking, Reporting and Statistics

I am not supporting TDF but those referral links are harmless :)

mrintech

Technomancer
and *aghreni.cust-mta.com/ is merely a login page for checking out clicks and earnings :)

It's not phising :)
In the field of computer security, phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT Administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging,[1] and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Even when using server authentication, it may require tremendous skill to detect that the website is fake. Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to fool users,[2] and exploits the poor usability of current web security technologies.[3] Attempts to deal with the growing number of reported phishing incidents include legislation, user training, public awareness, and technical security measures.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

The site which those referral links are redirecting are ebay.in pages. They are not fake/phising pages :)

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
WHATEVER F()CK IT IS ...

WE DIDINT SUBSCRIBE FOR IT.

and WTH TDF is thinking ? since becoz we have joined them , they can spam our inbox ?

this , i didnt expect from a " india`s leading technology magazine " group !!!!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i got to.guys see the digit forum and compare to the other Indian forums there is lot of thing r not present in our forum like u can upload the avatar 15.6 KB only(g8),limited space for ur signature (awesome), or its rule in bazaar section if seller selling any product they no need to upload picture of product with his forum username.I don't wat the admin and mod r doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom