Digit Patron Helpdesk: Everything you wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashishpurna Burhagohain

Right off the assembly line
soham said:
You recieved your copy of digit on the 17th of this month! Where on earth do you live?

I live in Jorhat, Assam just like you Soham. Digit arrived late here this month. Anyway it was nice to get flammed by someone from my own city. Anyway Bye and take care.

Kaushik

Broken In
Kaushik said:
I am a subscriber since 4-5 years. I must say that ur decision to discontinue digit patron with points lapsing is immature and just too rapid. You must give adequate time for patrons to respond to it.

You first e-mail ur subscribers telling them that their issues will be late (after 10th december, with newsstand issues arrived much earlier ) and conveniently FORGET to mention about closing plans for digit patron. And then, when i receive my issue on 16th and i open the last page, i find its all over. If i lost 360 points, it only proves digit's sick attitude towards its subscribers and nothing else. Period.

I wrote this when i got my copy on 16th dec. I checked this thread and digit patron web page for the next two days. Then i lost my hope and mailed digit helpdesk. I didn't get a reply (No surprise here, considering the quality of customer service Digit is giving these days :( ). And today, when i check this thread again, they have given a new deadline which is already over.

I ask:

1. Why can't members of Digit patron be informed by e-mail regarding the deadline and its extension?

2. Why can't Digit give a deadline long enough for all patrons to respond ( especially those who are unable to access net everyday to check whether the BIG BOSS has been kind enough to extend the deadline)?

3. If Digit can manage to maintain a database of such a large number of forum users with all their Private messages and other information, Why is it impossible to maintain a record of previous points in the patron program? I see
a commercial interest lurking here than a technical problem.

Some may feel i am acting like beggar. But to me what matters more is transparency of such programs and involvement of consumers in decision process. And i am not fighting for myself, i am fighting for every consumer who is unaware of what he deserves...

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Pathetic

This is really poor on Digit's part. Not giving enough time to redeem the points. I've lost my 250+ points due to such poor decisions. I would just like to say that Digit members should not take us for granted. I'm not dying to have a terminator-2 cd, but i feel cheated today and seem like a fool, who was waiting for a nice gift in future.

All of us have other things to do in life and its not that we read the magazines the day it comes (10th dec) for a subscriber. I opened the pack yesterday to key-in the points and all I cud find was sheer disappointment and pity for Digit team for taking such a poor decision.

Damn with you and your digit patron scheme. I still cant believe you could behave like that with your reader. Bull-****.

harikatt

In the zone
i too felt bad in losing some of my points 40, i just waited for DVD pack with all my points,, but by listening to the end of days to patron programme, i just hurry uped my selection ,,

but its not an right way ,, for ending with losing of points,,,

kisorgovinda

Broken In
kisorgovinda said:
I don't agree with u @coolsun. Time for redeeming the points should be upto the end of January 2007.

The above was my earlier post @Fatbeing. It seems that u are not listening. Further, the DVD with the December Special issue is not working. Would u replace it at New Delhi?

gramesh

Journeyman
Before the due date given by Digit patron team I redeemed for Munnabhai MBBS dvd (even after this I lost some points)till date I have not received it in spite of two reminders sent to Digit patron.
Anyone at Digit?

coolsun

customer care??!!! r u listening?

till date, i have not recd the digit patron gifts where i have encashed...

kisorgovinda,

i agreed that it is not fair to most of us, they had abrutly stop /discontinue the same all of sudden... atleast from that point of view that i was little relieved to see on site that they had extended from 16th dec which it will relapse as per noted on magazine, to 22nd dec where i had encashed...

even my december 2006 (special issue) dvd media is not reabable in most of systems... in my research, i concluded that they had taken it recorded with XP system where it stored some hidden file named thumbs.db which give some setting for preview the images stored in media. even i request the customer care for replacement, they ask me to send the same to get it replaced!!!, it seem they had gone from bad to worst.

whew!

avinandan

Broken In
Digit Patron program was a total disappointment. Even i had to e-mail them atleast twice every time i redeem my points as my gift is almost never delivered in time.
I think that there should be automatic addition of points for subscribers.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
man, i had redeemed two gifts earlier and had recvd them a month after.

now i redeemed a stupid CD just to finish the points and its been a lot more than a month and still haven't recvd. my gifts....

*gives a buzzer to the digit team *

Ajith Sen

Re: Pathetic

Ashishpurna Burhagohain said:
To introduce myself, I am a continuous reader of the Digit magazine since 1998 under various Brand Names. Moreover I have more than 400 Digit Patron codes.

Frankly speaking, Digit Patron scheme was not at all required. But when it came to exist it was next to being useless. I never saw anything nice there as giveaways. My patron codes of about 4/5 issues were not registered due to sundry reasons.

But we were still content with that. We were content that OUR Digit is still giving something no other magazine is giving.

But this time my Respect and Self Diginity is at stake. I feel cheated and disrespected. How can Digit, which I respected so much, discontinue Digit Patron so unprofessionally, like a unbranded Company involved in some scam, disappearing overnight with my hard earned money(here my Patron codes+respect). There is no technical difficulties as far as I know to preserve the present patron points for redeeming later.

You call us patrons and behave with us like that.

I never felt is necessary to enter the Digit Forum, as I am busy elsewhere to post anything here. But today I registered at Digit Forum just to post these words of mine.

And time only until 15th December? Can something be more ridiculous than that. I bought this copy of Digit on 19th, because it reached here in my city late, atleast not until 10th. They should have atleast allowed the whole December and few more grace days.

So, I think this is my right as a loyal Digit reader to demand that Digit revoke their decision to discontinue Digit Patron or do that so that it does not look this un-professional.

With thanks and regards.

(Ashishpurna)

Kaushik said:
I wrote this when i got my copy on 16th dec. I checked this thread and digit patron web page for the next two days. Then i lost my hope and mailed digit helpdesk. I didn't get a reply (No surprise here, considering the quality of customer service Digit is giving these days :( ). And today, when i check this thread again, they have given a new deadline which is already over.

I ask:

1. Why can't members of Digit patron be informed by e-mail regarding the deadline and its extension?

2. Why can't Digit give a deadline long enough for all patrons to respond ( especially those who are unable to access net everyday to check whether the BIG BOSS has been kind enough to extend the deadline)?

3. If Digit can manage to maintain a database of such a large number of forum users with all their Private messages and other information, Why is it impossible to maintain a record of previous points in the patron program? I see
a commercial interest lurking here than a technical problem.

Some may feel i am acting like beggar. But to me what matters more is transparency of such programs and involvement of consumers in decision process. And i am not fighting for myself, i am fighting for every consumer who is unaware of what he deserves...

I agree with both of d above quotes. I had two hectic months of exams. Just today I got d opportunity to leaf through January issue of Digit. Someting in forum section reminded me of digit patron and I connected to internet and tried to login and was surprised with the message that they are revamping. Why did not digit send an email to its so called patrons about it, after all they took our email ID as the username (I don't know about others, atleast mine is my email ID).
This is just underhanded stuff to deal out its patrons.
My 200+ points have gone down the drain. Why can't they have atleast retained the points? From what I have read through the read many people have lost there points like me. :mad:
Is there anyone from Digit listening?
Damn it. This was a dirty trick to play after all ur good works. :evil:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^don't worry,the people who have redeemed their gifts before the program closed have not got their gift(like me).So It is a lose-lose situation:D

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Well, like many, there are no signs of any gifts here as of now. So others who have missed out need not worry.

let's just be optimistic, and wait for February 14th to see what Digit has in store for us

Regarding the DIGIT DVD of December as many have posted, there was some issue with the .NET framework, cause initially i was unable to use it. But after an automatic update with Windows, the DVD worked fine.

Just run the latest Autopatcher release and see whether it works for u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom