Digit CTC - III Discussion Thread!

Raaabo asks: Which CTC was the best so far in your opinion?

• CTC I

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • CTC II

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • CTC III

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

notpron.???
is it good??
and what about pROJECT eULER???

When did these start???
Am i too late for these????
:(

does these too have prizes????
or they are only for fun and knowledge??
i guess not

The me the real meaning of Crack the Code and what we have to do in it

its a competition conducted by digit held every year.

mukul_rockstar

Journeyman
:offtopic:
i think this is off-topic, but anyways i am still posting this.
I have completed CTC and cracked the answer.zip file's txt my way..[that's obvious]
i have @viraniac's script but i don't know how to use it, anyone who knows how to use it please PM me or reply here.. i want to know how that works.. please.. :)) :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
WHOA!! Finally... YEAH... FINALLY.. CRACKED THE CODE!!! :bananana: :bananana: :bananana:
haha.. its funny.. since it's I'm too late!!!

But, I am glad I finally did it.

Now for some credits:
I became late to start CTC, because of the exams, and was determined to not to ask for help, so not posted here for clues.
But, hehe... turned out.. I was being too smarty a**.. so had to ask for help thru PM... finally with the help of, HauntedGuy, royal.tarun, and most important, clinton, I was able to CRACK THE CODE!!!!!
Thanks everybody, and congo to digit, for organizing such nerver-wreaking game!

For the record, this was my siggy, while I was cracking the CTC =>
Me cracking CTC: :reading: -> :chinscratch: -> :muttering: -> :hyper: -> :banghead: -> :hammer: -> :duh2: -> :brainiac:

Last edited:

amitsahoo

Unique Personified.......
WHOA!! Finally... YEAH... FINALLY.. CRACKED THE CODE!!! :bananana: :bananana: :bananana:
haha.. its funny.. since it's I'm too late!!!

But, I am glad I finally did it.

Now for some credits:
I became late to start CTC, because of the exams, and was determined to not to ask for help, so not posted here for clues.
But, hehe... turned out.. I was being too smarty a**.. so had to ask for help thru PM... finally with the help of, HauntedGuy, royal.tarun, and most important, clinton, I was able to CRACK THE CODE!!!!!
Thanks everybody, and congo to digit, for organizing such nerver-wreaking game!

For the record, this was my siggy, while I was cracking the CTC =>
Me cracking CTC: :reading: -> :chinscratch: -> :muttering: -> :hyper: -> :banghead: -> :hammer: -> :duh2: -> :brainiac:

congrats Vineet :-o

mukul_rockstar

Journeyman
:offtopic:
i think this is off-topic, but anyways i am still posting this.
I have completed CTC and cracked the answer.zip file's txt my way..[that's obvious]
i have @viraniac's script but i don't know how to use it, anyone who knows how to use it please PM me or reply here.. i want to know how that works.. please.. :)) :D

did anyone read that post? or at least this one?
if yes please reply then.. i wanna know how it works..

ViRaNiAc!

The Ultimate Virus Maniac
@mukul_rockstar

The script is a python script. You need a python interpreter for that. Get Python 2.7 interpreter from python.org. Open command prompt run the following command

> Python code.py >> dict.txt

note: the above assumes that path to your python installation has been setup and the "code.py" is in the current directory.

This will produce a file named "dict.txt" that will contain all possible decodes of the morse code that are of nine characters. You can give that file to any zip cracking program and can crack the zip using dictionary attack.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Or you can use, online Morse Code Translator:
CGI Morse Code Translator

@amitsahoo: Thanks!!

mukul_rockstar

Journeyman
@mukul_rockstar

The script is a python script. You need a python interpreter for that. Get Python 2.7 interpreter from python.org. Open command prompt run the following command

> Python code.py >> dict.txt

note: the above assumes that path to your python installation has been setup and the "code.py" is in the current directory.

This will produce a file named "dict.txt" that will contain all possible decodes of the morse code that are of nine characters. You can give that file to any zip cracking program and can crack the zip using dictionary attack.

i did the steps you mentionad above vianiac, but the strange thing is that it's creating the list with the beginning character as 'k' instead of the usual 'a', also it's ending prematurely at something from 'y'. hope u fix this soon and reply so that i get to know something new.. :)

ViRaNiAc!

i did the steps you mentionad above vianiac, but the strange thing is that it's creating the list with the beginning character as 'k' instead of the usual 'a', also it's ending prematurely at something from 'y'. hope u fix this soon and reply so that i get to know something new.. :)

Its not a bug to fix. The script is not generating the list of all possible 9 character string. Instead, it is generating all possible decoded string for the morse code that is nine character long.

For example, consider a morse code without space be:-

"..."

Now the possible decodes can be
eee (. . .)
ei (. ..), ie (.. .)
s (...)

If I say that the string is of 2 characters before encrypting than the only possible values in the list can be "ei" and "ie".

I hope this will make things clear.

What is the last date for the CTC contest ? I havent read the magazine though rec'd on 7-8th of this month :(, quite busy month. Get enough time now. Is the contest over ?

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
tried every word on "the race begins"..........give me some hint other that which digit gave
can any one help

just got the ans

ViRaNiAc!

@critzle look inside the webpage. It contains some hidden clue. Relate the picture with the clue and you will find the answer. Be POSITIVE!!!

@dreatica You can still complete the ctc

If you need any help, just pm me. I will be checking my pm every hour.

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
got the ans to the race begins

now stuck barcode ......even tried the link and also cropped them separately

got the bar code

now loki is eating my head

how to solve the rebus

reached dead end.....help

ViRaNiAc!

@criztle Everything you need is in the webpage. Take a deep look inside it. If you still have the problem. PM me the specifics rather than posting here.

Achuth

In the zone
price suggestion : For the top 3 - any grand prize
for the rest of them in top 10 - an XBOX 360 controller[for pc] :)) what say ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom