Digit CTC - III Discussion Thread!

Raaabo asks: Which CTC was the best so far in your opinion?

• CTC I

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • CTC II

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • CTC III

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaiho

Broken In
I am playing the game because I am getting bored as my summer vacations are going on. I am not obsessed about it. Though it sometime give me chance to make programs. I made monoalphabetic substitution cipher decode program for keyboard clue and bruteforce program for morse code.

I know that not all the readers are geek. but don't you think if the clues won't be about some movies or cricketer, people will learn something while having fun. For example, consider morse code clue, If a guy wants to learn about tech than he will check wikipedia or other site to learn about morse code and then decode it to test his/her skills.

But what are we having here? Half of the forum is full with help requests. I got caught on non tech clues and wrong clues. May be others too. If it would be tech releated we would have searched google for the thing and learnt something new like I did last time when they gave a clue about whitespace programming.

@sygeek yup I do. For me hacking means to get as much knowledge as we can like what kevin mitnick thinks abt it. Also it also means to get 100% from what I have.

my point is if they make it more technical then normal people with brains can't compete and only those who have learnt atleast half a dozen languages will stand a chance.

Harshit Srivastava

S+!LL @ 8eG!nNeR !!!
I am playing the game because I am getting bored as my summer vacations are going on. I am not obsessed about it. Though it sometime give me chance to make programs. I made monoalphabetic substitution cipher decode program for keyboard clue and bruteforce program for morse code.

I know that not all the readers are geek. but don't you think if the clues won't be about some movies or cricketer, people will learn something while having fun. For example, consider morse code clue, If a guy wants to learn about tech than he will check wikipedia or other site to learn about morse code and then decode it to test his/her skills.

But what are we having here? Half of the forum is full with help requests. I got caught on non tech clues and wrong clues. May be others too. If it would be tech releated we would have searched google for the thing and learnt something new like I did last time when they gave a clue about whitespace programming.

@sygeek yup I do. For me hacking means to get as much knowledge as we can like what kevin mitnick thinks abt it. Also it also means to get 100% from what I have.

@viraniac- i too agree wid u at this point. we buy mag to learn new tech things & we participate in ctc to gain tech knowledge & not to gain knowledge abt cricket. Bt in ctc even students participate who r not as good coders as u so everytime coders will win & thats unfair. Bt i believe dat ctc should be 90% tech & 10% other things as well.

sygeek

Technomancer
Still need help with crossword, found a couple of answers in the Digit contents itself. But the others mentioned above are annoying the hell of out of me. I don't mean to be spoon-feeded but a detailed hint as an explanation would be better.

ViRaNiAc!

The Ultimate Virus Maniac
@jaiho what is this forum for. We are here to help, aren't we? Even if they will make it more technical, there will be people to help. But, if that would have been the case, the people that don't know abt it would have learn't something new. Don't you think so?

@harshit tech doesn't mean coding only. There are a lot more things involved. And as you said 90 % tech and 10% other will be great. But thats not the case right now. I think it is opposite in present situation.

hari1

In the zone
I got my magazine yesterday due to late delivery.
Is the CTC3 Contest ended?
I am stuck on the droid clue and I tried the correct no. in www.thinkdigit.com/ctciii/<result.html> but it does not work and the sitemap appears. It's not working. Why??? I even tried www.thinkdigit.com/ctciii/<3*****.html>
this with my answer but it even did not work. I added the correct page no. but in vain. Help!!!!

sidbond_patna

Teh $$ you paid are waste
Help please, with the picture connect 2 clue,
or, the And that has made all the difference page asking about the sub-section.??

@ hari1 - add the correct page no. take care of what page you are supposed to add.

hari1

In the zone
At which url to give the answer? www.thinkdigit.com/ctciii/<3*****.html>
www.thinkdigit.com/ctciii/<result.html>

ViRaNiAc!

@hari1 no you haven't add the right page no.

@sidbond there is a google doodle in there that can easily give you the answer

Harshit Srivastava

S+!LL @ 8eG!nNeR !!!
@viraniac- u r correct . There is less tech in ctc this time . Last time d crossword was itself full of general tech knowledge though being history bt i liked it coz it was good stuff 4 beginners.

hari1

In the zone
At which url to give the answer for the first online clue? www.thinkdigit.com/ctciii/<3*****.html>
OR
www.thinkdigit.com/ctciii/<result.html>

Please reply!!!

Neo

@varnaic you are in which class?
Also tell some good tech competition online like ctc which i can participate in to increase my mind and knowledge.

Neo

Also tell some good tech competition online like ctc which i can participate in to increase my mind and knowledge.

sygeek

Technomancer
There are tonnes I used to play, You can try these - Hack A day, Project Euler etc. I forgot most of the names though..

sidbond_patna

Teh $$ you paid are waste
fellas, any clues on the "do what you gotta do" page.

I see the morse code but decryption shows gibberish.?

Any tips like no of letters, case, no of words, digits etc?

@hari1 - you have to replace the "<result>" with your answer in the www.thinkdigit.com/ctcIII/<result>.html

ViRaNiAc!

@royal.tarun I am in M.Tech.

@SyGeek You missed - hack this site, notpron.
Also check tech podcasts. They usually have some contests once in a while.

ViRaNiAc!

@sidbond_patna. you dont have space between letters. Thats why it can lead to a number of decryptions. To be precise more than 170k. but to narrow you out there are enough hints already posted in the forum.

ViRaNiAc!

@sygeek you are close for 1 down check the forum categories to get the answer. Remember answer in crossword is the name of section in magazine or forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom