Digit CTC - III Discussion Thread!

Raaabo asks: Which CTC was the best so far in your opinion?

• CTC I

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • CTC II

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • CTC III

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViRaNiAc!

The Ultimate Virus Maniac
@tejas
A jpeg is a bitmap.
so if the duplicate image has the same size and same resolution, then it will have same bitmap. The steganography works by changing the bit value of pixel. so same bitmap will have same info hidden.

IIRC there was a clue about stego earlier

whats the clue? pm me

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
@tejas
A jpeg is a bitmap.
so if the duplicate image has the same size and same resolution, then it will have same bitmap. The steganography works by changing the bit value of pixel. so same bitmap will have same info hidden.

whats the clue? pm me
Ok tell me how to use/run stegdetect :oops:

can you post a screenshot please...it'd become easy for all of us

Aspire

Padawan
in a previous CTC

on windows, first start command prompt, then cd to the directory
run stegdetect and use the readme file for commands

ViRaNiAc!

@aspire pm me about what clue you are talking about

@tejas
stegdetect is a command line tool. Google for it, download it and then confirm it using what i posted before

ViRaNiAc!

I tried bruteforcing it using stegbreak with the wordlist consist of the strings from previous clue. No success.

Where the hell are digit guys?

harshk360_me

Broken In
guys....there is no steg...i imported multiple files in steg checking utility which was posted here....in edited (PS or paint) pics it often showed a false positive....no reliability.....plus the digit people would not use such a finicky method...just think of it yaar....so many ways to go wrong if you use steg

jaiho

Broken In
those who are trying to crack the image in whatever way possible, I don't know what and what. But I can bet you that digit guys would never give a clue that would require so deep computer knowledge. Their clues are generally IQ based or a little basic computer work.
They can't give something that is not known to a common man.
you guys are wasting your time cracking that image by using whatever tools.

ViRaNiAc!

We really need digit guys to give some clues now. But it seems like those guys are enjoying their weekend while we are wasting ours.

I am going to quit for now. Will return back tomorrow and see, if digit guys gave some clue.

staticsid

Team Digit
Sorry guys. We'll do something asap. Please come back here by 9 pm and we'll either release a new clue or an official hint that'll make it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom