Digit CTC - III Discussion Thread!

Raaabo asks: Which CTC was the best so far in your opinion?

• CTC I

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • CTC II

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • CTC III

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViRaNiAc!

The Ultimate Virus Maniac
@digit readers.
Well This time I am confirmed that the image has some data hidden using jphide. I ran stegdetect with different options. For all other steganography software it shows negative accept jphide. You can confirm this.

@staticid or any other digit guy.
Can you give some hint about password.

@aspire
do you still have the two strings that i sent you for the clue before checkpoint. PM me back if you have.

Aspire

Padawan
@VIRAN
try running any picture you posess through jphide, it is gonna ask you for a passphrase.
when you enter ANY passphrase, it is gonna ask you a location to save the hidden data.
When you select the place, it is gonna anounce passphrase wrong
(even when there is no data hidden)
Trust Me, I have tested this out thrice

the HKO clue?

clinton

Blu For Life Hail Chelsea
Wish I was at home so that i also could have tried all this.But here I a sitting in my hostel with just my cellphone. :C
The 1 who cracks please have pity on us and help us...Technology tumhara bhala karega.!!

ViRaNiAc!

You didn't understood Aspire. I never told you to check with jphide. I told you to confirm with stegdetect. The functioning of jphide/jpseek is such that it will always assume that there is a messge hidden in the image. So it will surely ask for passphrase each time. After processing the passphrase when it tries to check the file signature, that will result into error. This is going to be true even if I mage don't have data.

You can confirm that image has data using steganography by using stegdetect.

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
The pic was uploaded on Facebook so there cant be any message hidden "In" the pic...whatever is there it'll be On the pic

clinton

Blu For Life Hail Chelsea
Hey guys it is not necessary that this clue is related to the previous one.it is required so that only the ones reached the checkpoint can crack it.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
The image on fb has some black line under the d, so its slightly different from the may edition. Kept thinking and trying out different answers yesterday till 1. I even tried the previous answers greener counterpart ;) but it didn't work :(

ViRaNiAc!

The black line under d is the effect of excessive data hiding.

@staticid or raabo
Can you guys atleast pm me to confirm I am on the right track or you guys are going to keep sleeping while your readers are sleepless?

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
@ViRaNiAc! i still think that you need not go so much deep!!! Avoid!! Otherwise, you'll bang your head later on... :|

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Seems the people on fb are just claiming to have solved it. If you have and are reading this please post a hint here.

Aspire

Padawan
Viraniac could be right, i did the test with another picture in which i hid some text using jphide and it gives the same results as the clue pic.

ViRaNiAc!

@kunal.d
Download stegdetect 0.4. Its available for windows (though commandline). then try this

stegdetect -t oi <imageFileName>
and
stegdetect -t p <imageFileName>

first one will result negative
second one will have line ending with "jphide(***)"

Go confirm it.

I confirmed it with version 0.6 on linux too.

ViRaNiAc!

The only thing I need now is a hint about password. I tried the strings from previous clue, but it is not working.

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
@kunal.d
Download stegdetect 0.4. Its available for windows (though commandline). then try this

stegdetect -t oi <imageFileName>
and
stegdetect -t p <imageFileName>

first one will result negative
second one will have line ending with "jphide(***)"

Go confirm it.

I confirmed it with version 0.6 on linux too.

When ever you upload a pic on fb..its Originality is gone...its resolution is changed, its name is changed and everythig.
so basically you wont find anything "hidden" in the code...i can bet !

ViRaNiAc!

@clinton
it doesn't matter where the blacklines are. Those black lines confirm the use of steganography.

This is the first time the digit guys posted clue that is near to what I always wanted to ctc to be about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom