Digit Archive now hosted at Codeplex - download now!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
dude....the first and foremost thing you need to do is INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 and then RUN SETUP MSI file.

Don't launch the .application file and the archive won't work if it doesn't have any .net libraries. The archive works fine if .net 3.5 is present.

Please don't call me dude :p

As I've said earlier I've Dot net 3.5 and 4 both installed on my XP Sp3 and whenever I try to install it using that setup file it always prompts me to download and install dot net frame work but as I've already dot net 3.5 and 4 both installed why should I again download and install dot net framework 3.5 which is quite large in file size ??

So whenever I click on decline the setup.exe ( I can't find any setup.msi file in build16 archive ) just quits and I've use that .application install method..

*i30.tinypic.com/292tlie.png

*i32.tinypic.com/2po4jo3.png

I've several questions :

Will it work only with dot net 3.5 SP1 as your software is prompting to install the 3.5 sp1.

If I only install dot net framework 4 on a fresh install of xp will it work with only dot net framework 4 or still I've to install 3.5 sp1 ??

If it works only with 3.5 sp1 the I've to download it offline installer first and then try again your software.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
will test it today with dot net framework 4 installed on a fresh copy of xp sp3 ..

OP
vamsi360

vamsi360

Always confused
So what happened to this? Do you need my help to take this forwards?

Raboo,

It's still there. But without new database of the contents of magazine DVDs the software can not be used for newer Digit DVDs. So, I need the updated xml file so that the software remains up to date.

This is the reason that the software is still in RC2 phase. Please encourage this.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I got the same prob even under windows xp with dot net 4 ( only installed it without any other dot net runtimes ) so I think it requires dot net framework 3.5 SP1 to function correctly.

BTW, I will test your Digit Archive release whenever I new version is available.

OP
vamsi360

vamsi360

Always confused
new version coming up for linux too..expect it sometime in summer. But I seriously need the database

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
new version coming up for linux too..expect it sometime in summer. But I seriously need the database
ran the project through Mono Migration Analyzer

got three error
Error 1 Mono is missing the method: void LinkLabel.set_TabStop(bool) C:\Users\hp\Desktop\dog\digitarchive_333d165e202a\archiveOne\AboutForm.Designer.cs 84 14 archiveOne

Error 2 Mono is missing the method: void LinkLabel.set_TabStop(bool) C:\Users\hp\Desktop\dog\digitarchive_333d165e202a\archiveOne\MainForm.Designer.cs 465 14 archiveOne

Message 3 MonoTodo: DriveInfo[] DriveInfo.GetDrives()
Reason: Currently only implemented on Mono/Linux C:\Users\hp\Desktop\dog\digitarchive_333d165e202a\archiveOne\MainForm.cs 137 14 archiveOne

Top Bottom