DID YOU KNOW? Windows VISTA Facts & Goof-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Vishal Gupta said:
Hi guys
Today I found another BUG in Vista.

1. Enable "Statusbar" by pressing <ALT> key and goto "View -> Statusbar".
2. Now open any folder containing images.
3. Select any image file and see its size in statusbar.
4. Now refresh the folder by pressing <F5> key and again select that file. Now see its size again in Statusbar. U'll be surprised by seeing its size. It'll be doubled. Again Refresh and again check the size in statusbar. It'll be again doubled. and so on......

So if u select a file and see its size in statusbar, suppose it is 1 MB, then after refreshing the folder and again selecting the file will show its size as 2 MB in statusbar and so on..... If u select a different file after refreshing the folder, then it'll add the new file size in previous file size and will show the sum in status bar.

Its happening for me as well as another computer of my friend. Pls check whether it happens for u too?

not happening in mine

sam_1710

Youngling
its happenin man!! :p lol
wat am i supposed to do?? laugh or cry?? for buyin this $hitty os!! :( :)

according to vista's status bar.. the 3 images selected are over 50 mb in size.. ROFL!!!
*www.supload.us/thumbs/default/111-20070423141014.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
lol. Now I found that its not only happening for folders containing images but also any other folder. :D
Open any folder and try the trick, it'll work. ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Vishal Gupta said:
Hi guys
Today I found another BUG in Vista.

1. Enable "Statusbar" by pressing <ALT> key and goto "View -> Statusbar".
2. Now open any folder containing images.
3. Select any image file and see its size in statusbar.
4. Now refresh the folder by pressing <F5> key and again select that file. Now see its size again in Statusbar. U'll be surprised by seeing its size. It'll be doubled. Again Refresh and again check the size in statusbar. It'll be again doubled. and so on......

So if u select a file and see its size in statusbar, suppose it is 1 MB, then after refreshing the folder and again selecting the file will show its size as 2 MB in statusbar and so on..... If u select a different file after refreshing the folder, then it'll add the new file size in previous file size and will show the sum in status bar.

Its happening for me as well as another computer of my friend. Pls check whether it happens for u too?
ahppening for me too but if u un-select the image u seleted and then select it again after refresh its fine ... but its strange how come u noticing it now and not wen u had the beta :mad:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
sam_1710 said:
its happenin man!! :p lol
wat am i supposed to do?? laugh or cry?? for buyin this $hitty os!! :(
So just because it has a little bug, the whole operating system is "$hitty"? LOL! :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
omG .... this post should be awarded something it should be put up on think digit's wall or something ... should feature in the mag or nething ... i dont freaking believe the poster and the post ... yeh kaise hua ....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! :lol:

All I'm trying to say is that it is not shitty for the reason he gave (one tiny bug).

It is shitty though, but for a whole load of other more serious reasons.

(Yeah, that didn't last long, did it! :p)

goobimama

 Macboy
As for me it didn't double, it merely added the original file size to each new refresh....like 4MB, 8MB, 12MB...so on...

shantanu

Technomancer
never happened with me.. nor in 120 systems in our branch... i think bug is something exclusive to some people... or Vishal , you tricked too much with the OS :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, they gotta give at least some features that we actually might need and are exclusive for the Ultimate version if they are to justify the insane price they have set on it.

goobimama

 Macboy
hey Mav, what's with you dissing my math? 4 ka double 8, but 8 ka double is 16 but it shows 12 on my system...so on was written after 12 which means to show that the original 4MB is added each time it is refreshed.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont thinki its a bug ... i think unlike in xp we have an option of re-sizing our icons, and also customizing the icon views ... so this 1 is not a bug .... bugging yes but a bug no .... it happens in every folder ... dekstop is no different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom