Desktop Showoff!! (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I just installed the Autumn Effect for Compiz-Fusion on my desktop, I found it pretty cool, so I came here to show off in video.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNxc1k2ckRA

how I installed is here -> *ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=616230

For the convenience (if required), I'm attaching the files here too. Enjoy :)

And please do show off if you have something to.

EDIT: I forgot to add, if that command doesn't work(mostly it won't), then do
$sh autumninstall.sh

And about the ragged shaking of the cube in the video, I did it purposely to show non-lag if you know what I mean, i.e.,the effect doesn't make your desktop lag.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
looks like its time to go into ubuntu again :D, what is the flip3d kinda thing that u have used :?:

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
looks like its time to go into ubuntu again :D, what is the flip3d kinda thing that u have used :?:
Yes it's called Shift-Switcher, you get two options there

1) Cover - which I did in the video
2) Flip - which is like Vista

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yes that dude's rig rocks!

i open here 4 firefox,4 vlc player,azureus,4 pictures,amarok,xchat,adobe reader 8,ccsm and compiz is still working nice with water,snow,autumn plugin

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Very nice Video. Tell me onething though. How did he record the video. Ive been trying to get glc work but I cant seem to get it right or compile it right. What program do you use to record the desktop ?

praka123

left this forum longback
^istanbul,gtk-recordmydesktop(though I have problem in getting response when I press Applications menu in Debian) et al for recording ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
here am living with no effects, i found ubuntu amusing without any fancy stuff.

Surely the effects are nice way to impress one geek :D

praka123

left this forum longback
^well,I am mostly on Debian Sid without bells and whistles(read compiz fusion).I find Debian pretty much more responsive than Ubuntu,esp Gnome.

d1g1t

Stupid Member
For people who are on later versions of Compiz-fusion and the autumn effect doesn't work, you can try the one at *smspillaz.googlepages.com/Autumn.zip

You might need a restart for it to work properly

Source

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If you're having a problem with getting the autumn Plug in installed.Just download a simple leaf texture and apply it to the snow plug in in compiz. I believe it should give you the same results. The problem which you are having seems to be a dependency issue. You do have compiz-fusion working at the moment don't you?

Edit: There was a post above this before but now its not there :D So I was referring to his post.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
My Compiz video with me running cod4 in Ubuntu 64 bit. Sorry the resolution isnt better but uploading that itself is a pita.

*blip.tv/file/721255

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom