Desktop Showoff!! (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
^superb!the background number too :p BTW,are u able to get that effects in a amd ati card ?
and the terminal o/p etc cannot be read..too blurry.

hmm..may be I should post my archlinux kdemod desktop video too 8)!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Very cool video man, the music did go with it

Thanks man. Thanks for the suggestion on the song for the video :D.

^superb!the background number too BTW,are u able to get that effects in a amd ati card ?

Yes Ati will work with Gutsy Gibbon with the effects. But I have only tried this with 32 bit Ubuntu not the 64 bit one. Theres an article on Phoronix which gives detailed instructions. You can find it here at *www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7193 .

and the terminal o/p etc cannot be read..too blurry.

biju@Venom:~$ uname -a
Linux Venom 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 02:46:46 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux
biju@Venom:~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 7.10 \n \l

This is what was in the terminal. Unfortunately when i sued gtk-recordmydesktop it recorded the whole thing at desktop resolution so I got a HUGE video. 6 minutes was 300 MB if I recall right. After that I used ffmpeg to convert it to 4cif resolution (704x576) . Theres no way i can upload a file with original size though :(. If you want Ill gladly send you a copy :D .

hmm..may be I should post my archlinux kdemod desktop video too !

Yes please do. I would like to see how Arch Linux is :) a review would also be nice !

For anyone Interested the Compiz Plugins used in the Video are listed below.

Compiz Plugins

Splash
Compiz Benchmark
Desktop Cube
Rotate Cube
Cube Reflection
Cube Caps
Expo
Scale
Animations
3D Windows
Water Effect
Wobbly Windows
Snow
Window Preview
Scale
Ring Switcher
Shift Switcher

Out of all these I loved Expo and Scale the most.

praka123

left this forum longback
I am no fan of Desktop effects though although I enjoy it in Ubuntu.
regarding archlinux,it is a rolling release based system which needs(not really!) constant updates as it carries latest packages.
kdemod is a must I feel,it is really fast-what u will never except from the original bloat:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom